Death to Google Ads! Texans Talk Tip Jar! 🍺😎👍
Thanks for your support!

Who Should Be Fired?

Who should be fired for another season of abysmal offense?

• Troy Calhoun (Offensive Coordinator)

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Gary Kubiak

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Mike Sherman (Offensive Line Coach)

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • David Carr

Votes: 73 88.0%

• Total voters
None of the above in my book.

Mike Sherman might leave to pursue a head coaching job somewhere but I wouldn' push him out.

I think the biggest off season issues for the Texans revolves around the recovery of our injured players and plugging the holes in our secondary and O Line

I voted for Carr. I think our "offense" is fine from a theoretical standpoint. I think the problem is that he isn't making the right reads and/or making the right throws. Kubiak is having to tailor his play-calling on what he thinks Carr will be able to do.

Hey wonger, you better stick Bob McNair in with those choices if you want me to vote in that poll.

Hey wonger, you better stick Bob McNair in with those choices if you want me to vote in that poll.

thats right all he did was bring us a team and then do what he thougt was right to make a winner.

our team is better than last year. anyone votes for anyone but carr on that needs to take a breath and count to ten.

and by the way. unless carr has two more games like last week. hes gonna be here as well.

thats right all he did was bring us a team and then do what he thougt was right to make a winner.

The "he brought us a team" speil doesn't work for me anymore.

As for doing what he thought to make a winner, you could say the same thing about Casserly and Capers. He was in on the "keep David Carr" decision. No way you could convince me otherwise. And that's a football decision . . .

so . . . Fire Bob McNair! . . . wonger.:ok:

our team is better than last year. anyone votes for anyone but carr on that needs to take a breath and count to ten.

and by the way. unless carr has two more games like last week. hes gonna be here as well.

our team has more wins than last year, but I don't think we are necessarily better. We still have the same problems.... a weak pass rush, and poor pass protection.... poor coverage by the LBs & the Secondary...... & no depth.

I don't think anyone should get fired.... & I don't see Sherman going anywhere..... after this debacle of an offensive performance, I can't imagine anyone offering him a job.

Rick Smith might be replaced by a real defensive coordinator, and we might get a new secondary coach......

.... & I don't see Sherman going anywhere..... after this debacle of an offensive performance, I can't imagine anyone offering him a job.
Mike Sherman is a former NFL head coach that has more wins than losses under his belt as head coach. His stint with the Texans won't even be considered when people are beating down his door at the end of the season. He will be gone so fast, you won't believe it.

take calhoun off the list since he's probably going to air force.

I heard that too this morning on 610..

And Marcus is correct also, Sherman will be gone quick. This season was a win-win for him. He took the job with the Texans because he still received $$ for his buy-out from Green Bay.

Carr's stats for the last 7 games speak for themselves ..... 6 int's and One TD pass with 20 sacks . Two of the last three games with a Sub 60 Qb rating .

I was one of those who thought Kubiak could "Fix" Carr .... Now I think Carr will play his last game as a Texan against Cleveland on Dec.31.

The "he brought us a team" speil doesn't work for me anymore.

As for doing what he thought to make a winner, you could say the same thing about Casserly and Capers. He was in on the "keep David Carr" decision. No way you could convince me otherwise. And that's a football decision . . .

so . . . Fire Bob McNair! . . . wonger.:ok:

casserly and capers came here for a job and they got paid. mcnair spent hundreds of millions to bring us a football team. without him there is no team. i personally think he is one of the greatest people on earth. because my favorite thing to do is watch houston pro football and without him i wouldnt be able to do that. you can fire him if you want i would personally like to shake his hand and buy him dinner.

Back