Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who should be fired for another season of abysmal offense?
Troy Calhoun (Offensive Coordinator) 2 2.41%
Gary Kubiak 4 4.82%
Mike Sherman (Offensive Line Coach) 4 4.82%
David Carr 73 87.95%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Who Should Be Fired?

Who should be fired for another season of abysmal offense?
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Who Should Be Fired?

bob mcnair should be fired
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

David Carr! Isn't the answer obvious?
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #4
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

None of the above in my book.

Mike Sherman might leave to pursue a head coaching job somewhere but I wouldn' push him out.

I think the biggest off season issues for the Texans revolves around the recovery of our injured players and plugging the holes in our secondary and O Line
Old 12-18-2006   #5
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 349460 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted for Carr. I think our "offense" is fine from a theoretical standpoint. I think the problem is that he isn't making the right reads and/or making the right throws. Kubiak is having to tailor his play-calling on what he thinks Carr will be able to do.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #6
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Hey wonger, you better stick Bob McNair in with those choices if you want me to vote in that poll.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #7
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
Hey wonger, you better stick Bob McNair in with those choices if you want me to vote in that poll.

thats right all he did was bring us a team and then do what he thougt was right to make a winner.

our team is better than last year. anyone votes for anyone but carr on that needs to take a breath and count to ten.

and by the way. unless carr has two more games like last week. hes gonna be here as well.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-18-2006   #8
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
thats right all he did was bring us a team and then do what he thougt was right to make a winner.
The "he brought us a team" speil doesn't work for me anymore.

As for doing what he thought to make a winner, you could say the same thing about Casserly and Capers. He was in on the "keep David Carr" decision. No way you could convince me otherwise. And that's a football decision . . .

so . . . Fire Bob McNair! . . . wonger.
Old 12-18-2006   #9
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326354 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post

our team is better than last year. anyone votes for anyone but carr on that needs to take a breath and count to ten.

and by the way. unless carr has two more games like last week. hes gonna be here as well.
our team has more wins than last year, but I don't think we are necessarily better. We still have the same problems.... a weak pass rush, and poor pass protection.... poor coverage by the LBs & the Secondary...... & no depth.

I don't think anyone should get fired.... & I don't see Sherman going anywhere..... after this debacle of an offensive performance, I can't imagine anyone offering him a job.

Rick Smith might be replaced by a real defensive coordinator, and we might get a new secondary coach......
Old 12-18-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

take calhoun off the list since he's probably going to air force.
Old 12-18-2006   #11
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
.... & I don't see Sherman going anywhere..... after this debacle of an offensive performance, I can't imagine anyone offering him a job.
Mike Sherman is a former NFL head coach that has more wins than losses under his belt as head coach. His stint with the Texans won't even be considered when people are beating down his door at the end of the season. He will be gone so fast, you won't believe it.
Old 12-18-2006   #12
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
take calhoun off the list since he's probably going to air force.
I heard that too this morning on 610..

And Marcus is correct also, Sherman will be gone quick. This season was a win-win for him. He took the job with the Texans because he still received $$ for his buy-out from Green Bay.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #13
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr's stats for the last 7 games speak for themselves ..... 6 int's and One TD pass with 20 sacks . Two of the last three games with a Sub 60 Qb rating .

I was one of those who thought Kubiak could "Fix" Carr .... Now I think Carr will play his last game as a Texan against Cleveland on Dec.31.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #14
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 11734 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
The "he brought us a team" speil doesn't work for me anymore.

As for doing what he thought to make a winner, you could say the same thing about Casserly and Capers. He was in on the "keep David Carr" decision. No way you could convince me otherwise. And that's a football decision . . .

so . . . Fire Bob McNair! . . . wonger.
casserly and capers came here for a job and they got paid. mcnair spent hundreds of millions to bring us a football team. without him there is no team. i personally think he is one of the greatest people on earth. because my favorite thing to do is watch houston pro football and without him i wouldnt be able to do that. you can fire him if you want i would personally like to shake his hand and buy him dinner.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected

i like how the numbers on this poll go 1, 2, 3, 59

[edit] by the way, who are the two chumps who want kubes gone?
Old 12-18-2006   #16
Blu
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to Blu

haha...
I want Chad Stanley gone!
Old 12-18-2006   #17
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu View Post
haha...
I want Chad Stanley gone!
....good one.
Old 12-18-2006   #18
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Calhoun is interviewing with Air Force today (Monday, post debachle).

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Chris Palmer.

Oh wait, that already happened.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read