Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Has Kubiak Been what we thought?

this whole season has been bleak. the coach really cant do much BUT, im kinda starting to get some second thoughts on the hire. has anyone heard this guy, hes like really monotone and shows no fire or passion. still too early to judge the guy, but anyone getting the same feeling?
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO
Default Re: Has Kubiak Been what we thought?

nope, from previous reports - knew he wasn't big on speaking to the media - so kinda low tone when he does. Is not the excitable type, which I'm cool with if they're heading in the right direction. Also, he had the best draft (it seems) to date than we've had in the previous 4 drafts before.

He's what I thought he is.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
this whole season has been bleak. the coach really cant do much BUT, im kinda starting to get some second thoughts on the hire. has anyone heard this guy, hes like really monotone and shows no fire or passion. still too early to judge the guy, but anyone getting the same feeling?
Don't be second guessing just because we've had poor QB play...you can only teach so much, but at the end of the day, that particular player has to execute...period.
Old 12-17-2006   #4
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 105876 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

If there is only one person on the Texans that I'm NOT disappointed in right now . . . it's Kubiak.

Kubiak is doing the best he can with a very bad football team right now. I'm convinced he can improve this team over time, as long as McNair stays out of the way. McNair is the one I'm disappointed in right now.

Kubiak needs to dump Carr. I think he knows that he needs to. The question is . . . will McNair let him. I'm pessimistic about that.
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
Dime
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
Even with all the problems on the team, we are a bit better in many aspects of the game. But we have a very long way to go.
Old 12-17-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Don't be second guessing just because we've had poor QB play...you can only teach so much, but at the end of the day, that particular player has to execute...period.
And your overlooking the obvious and at the same time giving Kubiak a free
pass - Kubiak had the best opportunity to change the QB situation and instead elected to stay with the status quo.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
austintexanite
All Pro

I'm not second guessing Kubiak, give him time man...it's still his first season.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm disapointed with his QB coaching ability. If this is even possible, I've actually seen Carr REGRESS over the past 8 weeks or so.

I mean, he's made 3 key decisions so far:
1. Draft Mario over VY, Reggie, D'Brick, or trade down
2. Keep Carr as the franchise QB
3. Think Carr has the potential to lead this team anywhere

He's also made some good personel decisions, and made some good playcalls, but any coach should do that stuff. With the biggest decisions, he's come up a little empty.

I still think he has what it takes, but I've been disapointed so far.
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Heywood
Veteran

regrettably, he's been what i came to think.

i was excited when they hired him, but then he seemed to play the "white christian republican" card aty every turn, and the texans have proiceeded to play as WCR bilge under him.

i'm very disappointed in this, but mcenron is certaonly pleased, WCR bilge as he is..
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by austintexanite View Post
I'm not second guessing Kubiak, give him time man...it's still his first season.
I dunno about you, but I have no problem at all in second guessing Kubiak about his decision to keep Carr and pass on VY in the college Draft.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 38175 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
And your overlooking the obvious and at the same time giving Kubiak a free
pass - Kubiak had the best opportunity to change the QB situation and instead elected to stay with the status quo.
I'm not giving him a free pass, i've been critical of some of his play calls at times...but it's true what I said...now step to me like that again and catch a beat down, young man....

(last sentence was a joke...lol)
Old 12-17-2006   #12
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 74770 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

I still support Kubiak. But, the only major differences I can see versus the previous regime: way less three tight end sets and way less screen passes.
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post
regrettably, he's been what i came to think.

i was excited when they hired him, but then he seemed to play the "white christian republican" card aty every turn, and the texans have proiceeded to play as WCR bilge under him.

i'm very disappointed in this, but mcenron is certaonly pleased, WCR bilge as he is..
What does that have to with football, Heywood? You cannot turn off your political spigot for one second?
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
I'm disapointed with his QB coaching ability. If this is even possible, I've actually seen Carr REGRESS over the past 8 weeks or so.

I mean, he's made 3 key decisions so far:
1. Draft Mario over D'Brick
cut out alot of original post but ..makes me wonder..we draft D'brick would have Dayne taken him out like Spencer got?

not picking on Dayne,but would have been wild if a freak accident could have happened
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #15
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi View Post
What does that have to with football, Heywood? You cannot turn off your political spigot for one second?
vince young isn't white and david carr is?
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

on a serious note. I am willing to give Kubiak the benefit of a doubt, it takes time to get "HIS" players in here, afterall we shook up the whole team and on a whole new concept
Old 12-17-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
reaching.
Old 12-17-2006   #18
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
Even with all the problems on the team, we are a bit better in many aspects of the game. But we have a very long way to go.
I believe this also. Always darkest befor the dawn and all of that. We gave Capers & company three years...why now would you short change the young guy ? The guy's been waiting 25 years for his shot. He's not going to do anything to blow it. And Rick Simth's moves this season considering who was out there has been nothing short of outstanding. So the season went in the crapper ? So what ? Did you honestly feel in July with the team switching both phylosiphies on offense and defense we were going to get anything different ? Some tried to warn everyone. If they did make a push this year it would truly be astonding. So he missed on how damaged DC was ? Is that his fault. Outside looking in, should he have told them no, I can't save this guy..let's start over ? Just about all of the groceries in the pantry are not his. Dosen't he get the same chance to bring in his guys as Cappers and CC got ? The suicide guys on the kicking teams have been outstanding for five weeks. So they blow one today . So what ? Best kicking teams this team has ever had. We're getting some depth. Just going to take some more time. At least one more draft and two seasons of digesting the bad cap moves of the previous regieme. I've been waiting for forty -three years. I can wait a few more.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #19
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
So you think it was race that caused the Texans to pass on Young? I disagree with that, but you are entitled to your opinion.

What if they end up taking a Troy Smith or Jamarcus Russell this year, would you feel differently?
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #20
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
reaching.
You know I really hate this. I mean I pulled for Warren Moon, Elven Bethea, Robert Brazsille, Kenny Houson.... Earl Campbel. ..all those guys were not of the cacasion presausion. Race card is really lame. I don't like the guys delievery. I don't like the fact that the guy hasn't improved his thorwing mothion. I don't hink he's stupid. I do feel he just might be the greatest college QB of all time. So....is ok if I think the guy is a hard head and uncoachalbe without being called David Duke. I mean com'on !!! I like the guy I really do. Just danged glad we didn't draft him. ...
Still !!!!
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read