Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Who is the REAL "Weak Link" in the chain??? (Choose Two!)
Texans Owner... 11 29.73%
Texans Front Office... 10 27.03%
Texans Coaching Staff... 2 5.41%
Texans Offense... 9 24.32%
Texans Defense... 1 2.70%
Texans Special Teams... 1 2.70%
David Carr Himself... 14 37.84%
Texans "Other"...(Cheerleaders, Waterboy, Toro, etc) 0 0%
Texans Fans... 5 13.51%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy Who is the TRUE "Weak Link" in this organization's chain? [:-o>

What Say YOU...Texans?

Now's your chance to state your honest opinion!

You can CHOOSE TWO options in the poll above!

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!

Last edited by Luv_ya_blue; 12-17-2006 at 05:41 PM.
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

Default Re: Who is the TRUE "Weak Link" in this organization's chain? [:-o>

it has to be the owner. he needs to become jerry jones! i dont understand how he can go around and ask "people around the league" about what they think of his team, and their direction....of course their going to tell him what he wants to hear....they want him to keep losing! if i were the owner, i wouldnt have hired kubiak, i wouldve hired a more proven offensive coach like mike martz, this offense continues to be pathetic. carr showed more under palmer and pendry than kubiak!
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

The buck stops at Bob McNair.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
afcman
Veteran

Quote:
proven offensive coach like mike martz
THANK GOD THEY DIDN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would have left the team for sure.

Last edited by afcman; 12-17-2006 at 05:43 PM.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 15683 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Offense and DC - otherwise this board would be dead with no posts.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23636 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

It's hard to blame one person for a mess as big as this. A lot of the blame has to go to the previous regime of Casserly, Capers, Palmer, Vic Fangio etc. But ultimately in my view it's Bob McNair's fault. It's his team and his decisions that ultimately have the final say. Good owners can do wonders for a team but the bad one's can destroy a team. Here's hoping Mr.McNair has learned from his mistakes and hopefully he'll make better decisions.
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Not 'who' but 'what'...

This team has no heart.

There is no intensity...there is no zeal...there hasn't been any forever.

If this team had the fervent passion to win, it'd show in their approach to the game. Even in losing efforts, you'd see a drive that only comes from within.

If they played with earnesty...with zeal and fervency, they'd be a different team. The kind of zeal that'll make a liquid boil, or a solid to glow!

Where does that intensity come from?

Vision...

IMHO
Old 12-17-2006   #8
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

BOOB McLOSER
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
The buck stops at Bob McNair.
I can't blaim Bob, he is the only reason we have a team. He writes the checks hell f he could throw a pass I would start him over the carr wreck!!
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TSgt.Texan View Post
I can't blaim Bob, he is the only reason we have a team. He writes the checks hell f he could throw a pass I would start him over the carr wreck!!
isn't he the one that presses to keep David carr?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
TexanLen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
isn't he the one that presses to keep David carr?
It's that Biggio, Bagwell syndrome. At least those guys did something!!!

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 2577 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

bob seems like a nice guy, but i dont think the guy has a clue about how a football team should be run.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanLen View Post
It's that Biggio, Bagwell syndrome. At least those guys did something!!!
took them a while but yes they did
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 141004 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I maybe crazy or drunk but I'm getting to believe NcNair only wants a certain type of player ... no not a bad one I'm being serious .

I don't want to be the Bengals but we've passed up players and I'm begining to think it was because their not choirboys ( VY excluded ) .
Old 12-17-2006   #15
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I maybe crazy or drunk but I'm getting to believe NcNair only wants a certain type of player ... no not a bad one I'm being serious .

I don't want to be the Bengals but we've passed up players and I'm begining to think it was because their not choirboys ( VY excluded ) .
Well bring on the convicts, if thats what it takes. I heard Tank (Chi town BEARS)was in a shoot out.
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #16
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Having done a little bit of coaching myself "back in the day," sounds like what you're talking about is an issue of coaching...at least it does to me, TA.
Players are intense if coaches are intense. At least that's been my experience.
No, didn't mean to infer coaching. Coaches can be intense, but lack vision.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read