Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-17-2006   #1
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Texans OC Calhoun is leading candidate for AF HC job

FOXBORO, Mass. Texans offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun is emerging as a leading candidate to replace Fisher DeBerry as head coach at Air Force.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4408508.html
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
brewhaus
All Pro

Default Re: Texans OC Calhoun is leading candidate for AF HC job

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
FOXBORO, Mass. Texans offensive coordinator Troy Calhoun is emerging as a leading candidate to replace Fisher DeBerry as head coach at Air Force.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...t/4408508.html
So, I'm thinkin' here, "Will this be a big loss to the franchise if he gets the job"?
Old 12-17-2006   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 64727 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why would someone want the leader of this anemic attack?
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

I dont think it would hurt us..I think Kubiak can run the offense.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
I dont think it would hurt us..I think Kubiak can run the offense.
agreed.
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

If I was him, I'd want out of here too. The Texans are a joke of an organization. One of the worst in professional sports. Back to Colorado with a good gig ... I'd be all over it.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default We Have a Scapegoat...

Looks like Calhoun is going to be the scapegoat for this horrible offense...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4408508.html

Yippie... another excuse to keep Davie Carr around next year!!! It was the OC's fault....
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 74078 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Excellent! They can send a message by firing someone who is leaving anyway.
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I have mixed feelings.. now whether or not Calhoun is a good OC.. I really would like to see some stability in our coaching staff at this point in time.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
I have mixed feelings.. now whether or not Calhoun is a good OC.. I really would like to see some stability in our coaching staff at this point in time.
Look for more than one coaching change on the Texans in the off season.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #11
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Air Force isn't a passing team. Calhoun is the leading cadidate and the out going coach wants him to get the job.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 12-18-2006   #12
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 23664 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought Air Force was a passing oriented team. Truthfuly I have not followed them for awhile, since I lived in New Mexico and watched the Lobo's, but back then they seemed to be a passing team. Oh well, if they get our OC and he runs that offense like this one..........
Old 12-18-2006   #13
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Quote:
Originally Posted by edo783 View Post
Look for more than one coaching change on the Texans in the off season.
Sherman could likely be picked up by another team in the offseason. Might see Hoke go as well. I think Smith is here next season as well as Kubiak, but those are about the only two I'd bet on still being here when the season kicks off next year.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #14
edo783
Site Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESAD2-14 View Post
I thought Air Force was a passing oriented team. Truthfuly I have not followed them for awhile, since I lived in New Mexico and watched the Lobo's, but back then they seemed to be a passing team. Oh well, if they get our OC and he runs that offense like this one..........
To be honest, I haven't watched them either, but the ESPN radio here keeps talking about how they like to pound the ball. Your right though, they used to chuck the ball around a lot back 4-5 years ago.

De Oppresso Liber
Old 12-19-2006   #15
ElwayHOF
Rookie

Air Force has never been a passing team....for the past couple of decades they have been running the wishbone(different version of the option) offense.
ElwayHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2006   #16
ElwayHOF
Rookie

AFA hopeful for 'good match'

By Jim Benton, Rocky Mountain News
December 19, 2006
Troy Calhoun got strong endorsements from two Colorado football notables Monday.

Calhoun, a former Air Force Academy quarterback who currently is the Houston Texans offensive coordinator, interviewed Monday in Houston for the Air Force Academy coaching position that opened when Fisher DeBerry retired last week.

"I think he would be a great head coach at the academy," Denver Broncos coach Mike Shanahan said.

"Just being around him, he'd be a perfect fit. His football knowledge, his family, his values, just knowing the academy, what it stands for, how to recruit, I just don't see how you could get a better fit."

Former University of Colorado coach Gary Barnett, a former coach at Air Academy High School, said Calhoun "seems like such a good match. I don't know all the ins and outs (about the Falcons and Calhoun's AFA history) but it seems like such a great fit."
ElwayHOF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2006   #17
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: We Have a Scapegoat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
Looks like Calhoun is going to be the scapegoat for this horrible offense...

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4408508.html

Yippie... another excuse to keep Davie Carr around next year!!! It was the OC's fault....
exactly what i was thinking. i'd like to keep him just so there are NO more excuses for davie boy.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read