Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
tvtexan
Rookie

Default SR 610 Postgame

I've felt this for a while, but I've never mentioned it on here. Rich and Matt on the postgame show are fantastic because they sugar coat nothing and tell it like it is. I think those two would make a great afternoon combo. Vandermeer is awful on the afternoon show. He's the biggest homer I've ever heard in my life. It's like Carr's related to him or something, and it gets sickening. I understand he's the voice of the team, so he can't be too critical, but come one, hes rediculous sometimes in his blind love for Carr and the rest of this terrible organization. That is all...
tvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: SR 610 Postgame

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtexan View Post
I've felt this for a while, but I've never mentioned it on here. Rich and Matt on the postgame show are fantastic because they sugar coat nothing and tell it like it is. I think those two would make a great afternoon combo. Vandermeer is awful on the afternoon show. He's the biggest homer I've ever heard in my life. It's like Carr's related to him or something, and it gets sickening. I understand he's the voice of the team, so he can't be too critical, but come one, hes rediculous sometimes in his blind love for Carr and the rest of this terrible organization. That is all...
it's called a mortgage...it will make you do some crazy things
Old 12-17-2006   #3
Boxscore
All Pro

They called it worst Texan defeat ever and Carr's worst game of his career.
Old 12-17-2006   #4
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

The funniest thing was when Matt came on and said, "DAVID CARR SUCKS!"

That was funny!
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
IshouldbeGM
Rookie

marc vandercarr is horrible! i dont know why sr610 let go of palillo, i listen to 790 with palillo in the afternoon, marc vandercarr is pure trash.
IshouldbeGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRAMA View Post
The funniest thing was when Matt came on and said DAVID CARR SUCKS!

That was funny!
No, the funniest thing said was a caller that said Carr is definitely a superbowl QB...
Old 12-17-2006   #7
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvtexan View Post

I agree completely. I like their candor. Not only is Vandermeer a homer but he really isn't too sports savvy. He says dorky comments and tries to fit in but in general he has a hard time really giving any hard hitting or relevant sports information. It is painful to hear.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Did you catch that they noted Calhoun (OC) is a potential candidate for the Air Force head coaching job and Kubiak is allowing the interview? If he gets it, maybe Sherman moves up to OC (if he sticks around).

Also, that "rome can't be built in a day" - Saints are in the playoffs, Titans are a .500 team, Jets are close to playoffs, Niners are close to leading their division... so, in this day and age, yeah - we can turn it around within a year.... we're just gonna take 6 years to do it.
OzzO is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
tvtexan
Rookie

Yeah, I didn't even mention that. Most of his answers are something like "we don't know" and the only time he really seems to know what he's taking about is when they're talking about something that has nothing to do with sports. He certainly doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to his love child, David Carr.
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
I agree completely. I like their candor. Not only is Vandermeer a homer but he really isn't too sports savvy. He says dorky comments and tries to fit in but in general he has a hard time really giving any hard hitting or relevant sports information. It is painful to hear.
I agree. Whenever he is MCing 610 events I have attended my Dork Alert starts going off big time. I like the guy, but mostly because he is a nice guy and he is Dutch like me. He offers no honest insight whatsover and has admitted as much. He has a family and a mortgage just like anyone else. He has a family to feed and he doesnt risk that in order to voice a frustrated opinion. He has to sit through the games just like us and in all honesty, he was criticizing Carr today but even Carr's male companion McNair would after today's embarassment.
Old 12-17-2006   #11
DRAMA
All Pro

Send a message via Yahoo to DRAMA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
No, the funniest thing said was a caller that said Carr is definitely a superbowl QB...
OMG!!

I forgot that dude. He came on and said that DC is DEFINITELY a Superbowl QB in the next 5 years. You're right - that was the funniest. I actually laughed outloud at that dude. I'm smiling as I write this actually. He was so freaking serious too. "David will DEFINITELY be a SUPERBOWL QB in the next 5 years or so..."

Funny stuff...his opinion coming right after a 100 yard 4 pick day. Wild stuff.
DRAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

LOL at the dork comments!

But has anyone actually seen a pic of Charlie Palillo? That guy takes dork to another level.

Either way, Mark Vandermeer is a homer, but he does have a good voice. I think the Texans should get James Earl Jones to do PBP since it'll soothe the pains after hearing about another Carr INT.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 87002 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMeToo View Post
Yeah, I forgot about that moron, even my wife laughed about that call.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
tvtexan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post

But has anyone actually seen a pic of Charlie Palillo? That guy takes dork to another level.

Either way, Mark Vandermeer is a homer, but he does have a good voice. I think the Texans should get James Earl Jones to do PBP since it'll soothe the pains after hearing about another Carr INT.
Vandermeer as a PBP guy is pretty good, although his PBP can sometimes be painful because even down 456 points like they were today, he still sounded optimistic that the team was going to come back, and I can't stand that. He's good enough to stay on as the PBP guy, but he has no business being on a talk show if hes not going to call a spade a spade.
Old 12-17-2006   #15
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Yeah, I forgot about that moron, even my wife laughed about that call.
that guy was a blatant radio troll....or the front runner for the Moron Of The Year award.

oh and as for Pallilo...lets let this picture speak for itself

Star Trek convention anyone?
Old 12-17-2006   #16
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32311 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Yeah but Charlie may actually be the smartest guy on sports issues on the Houston airwaves.
Old 12-17-2006   #17
tvtexan
Rookie

Pallilo is easily the smartest guy in Houston sports radio. I listen to WEEI out of Boston, which is the higest rated sports station in the whole country, and Pallilo is the only person on Houston radio that could make it in that market on that station.
Old 12-17-2006   #18
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
Yeah but Charlie may actually be the smartest guy on sports issues on the Houston airwaves.
I give the nod to Lance Z or J McClain..especially for football
Old 12-17-2006   #19
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I think they are all about as good at football analasys as the Texans have been at winning games this year.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #20
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Nah. Lance does know football stuff but Charlie can give you everything from salary cap info to stats, etc on every sport out there. The guy is hands down the most knowledgeable in this town. A little annoying but smart.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read