Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: Biggest need for the Texans?
QB 28 39.44%
RB 7 9.86%
Offensive Line 27 38.03%
Defensive Line 0 0%
Secondary 7 9.86%
Linebacker 0 0%
WR 0 0%
Other 2 2.82%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-17-2006   #1
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Biggest need to address this offseason?

What is our biggest need? Carr has been just about pathetic the 2nd half of the season, but I don't believe he's what we need to improve the most. We need offensive linemen. Yes, our starting LT, C, and RT have all been lost for the season, but I don't want to go into next season starting Charles Spencer. He may be the LT of the future, but coming off a major injury I would have doubts of him staying healthy next year. I don't think we should draft another rookie offensive lineman either, we need to sign a guy in FA who's a proven lineman. Here's what I think the Texans need most:

1. O-line
2. RB
3. Secondary
4. Linebacker
5. QB

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
TNTitan
Veteran

Default Re: Biggest need to address this offseason?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSam View Post
What is our biggest need? Carr has been just about pathetic the 2nd half of the season, but I don't believe he's what we need to improve the most. We need offensive linemen. Yes, our starting LT, C, and RT have all been lost for the season, but I don't want to go into next season starting Charles Spencer. He may be the LT of the future, but coming off a major injury I would have doubts of him staying healthy next year. I don't think we should draft another rookie offensive lineman either, we need to sign a guy in FA who's a proven lineman. Here's what I think the Texans need most:

1. O-line
2. RB
3. Secondary
4. Linebacker
5. QB

umm QB?
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

where is the all of the above choice??
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29759 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbedtexansfan513 View Post
where is the all of the above choice??
Well I'm trying to see what you guys think we need more than anything else.

Thanks to Premier
TexanSam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

QB may not be the biggest need talent-wise, but I get the feeling that upgrading other positions won't have the desired impact unless a change is made at the QB position.
Old 12-17-2006   #6
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Offensive line and defensive secondary are equally as needy but I give the nod to the secondary because I think our defense is closer to being elite and I'd rather have an elite defense and a poor offense than a mediocre offense and mediocre defense.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 23832 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

i really think it is all of the offensive choices...we need some VETERAN help on the o-line and we need a new QB, and a RB to share carries with either dayne or davis
Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
kiwitexansfan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 98483 kiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respectedkiwitexansfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I voted O Line but if all the injuries heal perfectly I would take that back and go secondary... both these areas are cause for major headaches.
Old 12-17-2006   #9
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

O Line and Secondary. However, RB could be the easiest to adress and save us a draft pick (2 words: LADELL BETTS!).
Old 12-17-2006   #10
afcman
Veteran

EVERYTHING. Almost.

After ALL THIS TIME we're still saying "OL". Amazing.
afcman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11706 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I've said O-line on all the other "what do we need" threads, and I'm not changing my mind on that. I don't want to get FA O-linemen. I would rather we get DB's and LB's in FA because there are some good ones out there. As for the O-line, I hope we can get Joe Thomas in the 1st round (And we might have a chance the way we are playing now!), and maybe the Center Kyle Young in the 3rd. If we did that, we could put Thomas at LT and move Spencer to either Guard or RT, if he's healthy, and Winston could be RT if Spencer isn't ready or they move him to Guard. In the 2nd round we could get a DB or LB if we don't pick one up in FA.

Wether it's FA or draft I think Kubes will be going after O-line. I think he realizes he has to fix this or we won't improve as a team, regardless of who the QB or RB's are next year. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 58171 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

O-line, especially for depth. But hopefully all get addressed somehow this offseason (some with a close 2nd "need")
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
Cruuuuuuuz
Veteran

Figuring out a way to move this team to San Antonio....Thas the biggest need for Houston...
Old 12-17-2006   #14
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
Rookie

A new owner and team - they both suck!

Vince WINS again and Carr LOSES!!!
VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #15
TSgt.Texan
Rookie

The OL has been devestated by injuries this year so I am not sure it is the biggest need. Qb is my choice, then the secondary .
TSgt.Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #16
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

O-line
Seconday
RB
QB
LB

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #17
ChrisG
Road Fan

Rep Power: 10404 ChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respectedChrisG is a quality contributor and well respected

QB - through FA (hopefully)
2ndary - through 1st draft pick
O-Line - FA / draft
Old 12-17-2006   #18
unhappytexanfan
Rookie

How about some upgrades in ownership,management and overall IQ of the franchise
unhappytexanfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #19
devo-x
Veteran

Rep Power: 270 devo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respecteddevo-x is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to devo-x

O-Line first - I'm thankful Kubiak brought in Sage to start next year
Adopt-A-Texan 2009: Kevin Walter and Owen Daniels
devo-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #20
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP

1. adrian peterson
2. QB
3. OT
4. FS
6. LB
7. DT
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read