Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Closed Thread

Old 12-17-2006   #1
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Default Boycott the Indy Game

Want to send a message, other than on this board? Stay home Christmas eve.
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 107142 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Boycott the Indy Game

what would that accomplish? tickets are already bought for some?
Old 12-17-2006   #3
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I agree...it's not like you'll be going to enjoy a good game anyway.
Old 12-17-2006   #4
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

yes the tickets are bought, but it would still send a message to the texans that if they don't shape up that this fan base will not support them.
Old 12-17-2006   #5
NederlandTexan
Veteran

Not selling dogs and beer, sends a message.
Old 12-17-2006   #6
Johnny Utah
All Pro

I've got tickets for the last two games and have already decided that I'm not going to either. As a matter of fact I'm not going to another Texans game while David Carr is the starting QB.
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

No fans in stands = sending message to Texans that we don't give a crap until changes are made.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
yes the tickets are bought, but it would still send a message to the texans that if they don't shape up that this fan base will not support them.
Our tickets are supposedly 'sold' but after this game, I wont believe it until the proverbial brass is in pocket.

Maybe Carr will pull a Sandy Koufax and sit out the game....that would be a real Christmas miracle for all of us
Old 12-17-2006   #9
The Dream
Hall of Fame

everyone needs to forget about the texans and watch the domination of Yao on Channel 51...the rockets are up by 10, and Yao is playing out of his mind.
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

I suggested to my co-season ticket holder that we show up, place "on strike" signs on our seats, and leave.

That idea was not well received.
Old 12-17-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Bob McNair passes within 10 feet of me before every home game. Most of my comments to him over the years have been supportive and cordial. He's returned pleasantries many times. Sunday, he's going to hear me say two things: 1) "why should I renew my season tickets next year?" and 2) "it's time to cut your losses at QB like you did with Gary Walker, Todd Wade, and Robaire Smith"

Last edited by aj.; 12-17-2006 at 04:33 PM.
Old 12-17-2006   #12
TexansJunkE
Veteran

Since the Texans haven't shown up the majority of the season,I'm not showing up the last 2 games either. So this time it's mutual!
Old 12-17-2006   #13
TexanSam
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 29758 TexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanSam is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
I think they already no that. The Texans aren't screwing up on purpose. It's not like they're trying to send a message to us. Bob McNair, Kubiak, the players, etc...they all want to win just as much as we, the fans, want them too.

Thanks to Premier
Old 12-17-2006   #14
belars44
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Bob McNair passes within 10 feet of me before every home game. Most of my comments to him over the years have been supportive and cordial. He's returned pleasantries many times. Sunday, he's going to hear me say two things: 1) "why should I renew my season tickets next year?" and 2) "it's time to cut your losses at QB like you did with Gary Walker, Todd Wade, and Robaire Smith"
Agreed. That is exactly why I will be at the game. Because unlike the organization that claims tradition by announcing players before games and then stopping it, I will continue to attend every game. However, I will be there to make sure I voice my displeasure to all parties involved on the field.
Old 12-17-2006   #15
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 36225 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

... and miss BVP start? Are you crazy? I'm there.

On the other hand, I'll be filling up during the tailgate, so Aramark will be going down the tubes w/o my support.
Old 12-17-2006   #16
afcman
Veteran

I'd rather go to a bad NFL game than any other sport, especially the NBA.

I would go and hold a sign up stating how you feel.

So what should you put on the sign?
Old 12-17-2006   #17
gwallaia

Rep Power: 73392 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Well, atleast AJ will be at the game. And yes, even I will be at the game as well.

We are among the "Them"
Old 12-17-2006   #18
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

Quote:
amen to that...
Old 12-17-2006   #19
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Rather than boycotting the entire game, I would recommend a walkout with 8 minutes left in the game.

Orioles fans did it to show displeasure with their front office and so did Lions fans.

If you don't care anymore, you just won't go to the game anyway. If you do care, then walk out. It'd be a good way of showing support for the guys on the field while sending a message to the front office.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Old 12-17-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Boycotting hurts the fans more than the owner. The owner still gets the money, but there are thousands of empty seats that less fortunate people would want.
Closed Thread

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read