Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Face of Failure

Unfortunately for Dave, he will always be associated with failure in this city. No matter how many excuses people make for him and regardless of whose fault his failures lie with, it will be his legacy in Houston.

I am deeply concerned with how Mr. McNair lets his pride override his common sense when it comes to personnel decisions. We need to let him know over these next few games that we will not continue to support his team if he insists on keeping The Face of Failure in this city. The healing process cannot begin until the cancer is removed.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Face of Failure

what a suprise
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
NFLforher
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
what a suprise

Lol....

Who are they gonna hate when DC is gone and the Texans keep on losing?
NFLforher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak will be where the mob turns
Old 12-17-2006   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
what a suprise
What a surprise that you always find a way to apologize for him and his play.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
Wolf
100% Texan

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
What a surprise that you always find a way to apologize for him and his play.
nope don't always apologize for him, I have criticized him before for his play. I am not blind to the love or hatred that some of y'all have
consistantly.
Old 12-17-2006   #7
CoogBull
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CoogBull

It is true. David has lost all the good will he had left in this city.

This performance was a blessing of sorts. It made the need to release David apparent to everyone in the country. If Mr. McNair does not do something about the situation he will lose his fans for a very long time...possibly forever.

After the horrible play of the offense this season heads must roll in order to assuage the fans. The head that must roll is David's.

I really thought that Kubiak could turn him around but it is not happening. We did the decent thing and gave him an extra year and a new head coach to prove himself. He failed, and in convincing fashion.

David's mistakes mean that every game we are basically spotting the opposing team at least ten points. His interceptions today were inexcusable. His lack of leadership is apparent. There is no fire or passion in the man. I bet he is a nice guy and a real fine human being, but I do not want to see him in a Texans uniform anymore.

CoogBull - A man for all seasons.
CoogBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Kubiak will be where the mob turns
I too have wondered who becomes the new scape goat. Probably Kubiak and McNair for not taking, well you know...

I think the Texans have ruined Carr. He had as much promise as any QB coming out of college, played well his first year, especially against Dallas. The Texans have never put together a quality line and made one misstep and miscalculation after another. So, people can call Carr a bust, but I put the blame on the Texans as an organization. Sure David came into the league with faults, and we can debate his ability to read defenses and work eithic but those are things we as fans will never really know about and can only really speculate about. IMO, he has never been coached properly or put into a position to succeed. And now they have a QB that has little to no confidence.
-Mario #90

Last edited by TexasJedi; 12-17-2006 at 04:31 PM.
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
CoogBull
Rookie

Send a message via AIM to CoogBull

TexasJedi, I agree with you 100%, but it is all irrelevant now.

The Texans have done a horrible disservice to David Carr. They should have sat him for a year or two and used a veteran to train him up. They also should have made some moves to protect him better. We all know these things. It is all water under the bridge.

The whole point is that the fans do not want him anymore. It is unfair, but it is the truth. All we can do is learn from this as an organization. He has become the face of failure and the fans just want to move on. Last season still looms large in our minds.

I like David Carr on a personal level, and as the face of the team in the first three years he was great. The last two seasons have done him in. There is alot of blame to go around here.

I think that most fans will be more forgiving after he is gone. People want something, anything, done. They want to see some sort of recognition from the front office that there is a problem and they are trying to fix it.

Will getting rid of David cure the ills of the Texans? Hardly. This is a team that has been mismanaged for five years by a guy who thought he was smarter than everyone in the room. Will releasing him be good for the franchise? Probably.

CoogBull - A man for all seasons.
CoogBull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

No surprise that NFLforher is a Carr fan.....she could care less about winning as long as their favorite player is cute.

personally, i prefer winners over losers...and Carr is a huge loser...not debatable either and not an opinion
Old 12-17-2006   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

She kinda has a good point...I wonder who's gonna get the hate when Carr leaves...not saying that I don't want him gone, cuz I do, but yeah, who's gonna be the target...

hmmmm
Old 12-17-2006   #12
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoogBull View Post
TexasJedi, I agree with you 100%, but it is all irrelevant now.

The Texans have done a horrible disservice to David Carr. They should have sat him for a year or two and used a veteran to train him up. They also should have made some moves to protect him better. We all know these things. It is all water under the bridge.

The whole point is that the fans do not want him anymore. It is unfair, but it is the truth. All we can do is learn from this as an organization. He has become the face of failure and the fans just want to move on. Last season still looms large in our minds.

I like David Carr on a personal level, and as the face of the team in the first three years he was great. The last two seasons have done him in. There is alot of blame to go around here.

I think that most fans will be more forgiving after he is gone. People want something, anything, done. They want to see some sort of recognition from the front office that there is a problem and they are trying to fix it.

Will getting rid of David cure the ills of the Texans? Hardly. This is a team that has been mismanaged for five years by a guy who thought he was smarter than everyone in the room. Will releasing him be good for the franchise? Probably.
Oh yeah, I agree that DC is gone most likely. I'm really not arguing that since there is nothing to argue.

I was a Reggie Bush leaner before the draft. Frankly, I thought he would be a better RUNNING back at this point and sure he has not been asked to do that as much as Deuce, but he has been a dissapointment in that regard. I kind of saw him as having a similar impact (here) as Portis had in Denver, only with more receiving yards. My thinking was that Carr excels at short throws and Bush would have given him a real weapon.

The Texans did not hedge their bets with Domanick's health. And I understand that it was a second injury in camp that is putting him on the shelf right now, but he has not been able to stay healthy for a full season thus far so they kind of put all their eggs in one basket with him, that basket being Domanick's health. Even with a healthy Dom, Bush could have been used like he has been in New Orleans. By taking Bush it also says that Kubiak is going to do whatever it takes for Carr, and in turn the Texans offense, to succeed. That is why Kubiak got the job-to fix Carr.

Sure some of the blame goes on Carr for not doing better, but what has Kubiak done besides add b-listers, aging vets, and latter round rookies on offense? He thought he could plug in anyone in the backfield but the Texans do not have the Broncos line either. His backup plan was Antione Smith, which gave way to Ron Dayne when he was cut loose. Dayne has played well of late, but he's not a game breaker. Nobody on this offense is a threat to take it for a score everytime he touches the ball, and that includes AJ. David Anderson did more with his 1 catch today than Johnson has in some time.

Now the impact of injuries cannot be overstated, especially on the line, but even there the backup plan was Ephriam Salaam.

I am, and was at the time, all for Mario. The Texans needed, and still need, defense in the worst way. But in taking Mario, Kubiak thought he could come in and fix the offense with less than a playmaker like Reggie Bush. He was wrong. Now, the Texans may be better in the long run with Mario instead of Bush, and Who Cares instead of Carr, but they missed their chance to help fix Carr. That is a much greater mistake than passing Vince, IMO.

Now the offense will have to, in essence, start over again with a new QB. This team is almost as big of a wreck as last year, but at least they have the makings of a defense. I did not expect playoffs, I try to live in the real world, but I did expect more from the so-called offensive guru, Kubiak. Kubiak has a chance to change course and learn from his mistakes, and Carr will be gone, but I hope he gets it right this time.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Did somebody say 'The Face Of Failure'...

Old 12-17-2006   #14
sakebomb
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1859 sakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respectedsakebomb is a quality contributor and well respected

We can still blame Carr after he is released.
Old 12-17-2006   #15
zgreen
noob

Im the fan who how now lost faith in david carr. i agree, it may not be all his fault but he gives me no reason to belive that he can do anything to repair the damage that has been done. He looks horrible in the pocket, never seems to break the pocket for a big play any more, takes too many sacks, and has not improved over the course of the season. At this point I think the only saving grace for david carr may be the fact that hes locked up for what 8mil next yr and if we didnt take vince i cant see them trying to explain a troy smith pick because Brady Quin will be going number 1. I may be able to be sold at Carr's return next year if some serous offseason moves are made and we are smart at the draft. I feel we have to take the best playmaker at any position other than middle linebacker. Adrian Peterson anyone? Perhaps a free agent pro bowl caliber offensive lineman or 2. I could be in the minority here but I feel a safety that could be an ed reed type player would help as well. Anyhow, I have officially after todays whoopin given up on the Texans this season. Its now time to hope the Rockets give us something to believe in and that the Astros can return to the playoffs.
zgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #16
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
Lol....

Maybe we will stop losing and everyone will be happy.
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #17
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 24376 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFLforher View Post
Lol....

Whomever is getting paid a crazy amount of money and not really playing to reflect that pay, whether field tangible items or not.

Though I do like Heath's optimism above.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #18
austintexanite
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zgreen View Post
. I may be able to be sold at Carr's return next year if some serous offseason moves are made and we are smart at the draft. I feel we have to take the best playmaker at any position other than middle linebacker. Adrian Peterson anyone? Perhaps a free agent pro bowl caliber offensive lineman or 2. I could be in the minority here but I feel a safety that could be an ed reed type player would help as well. Anyhow, I have officially after todays whoopin given up on the Texans this season. Its now time to hope the Rockets give us something to believe in and that the Astros can return to the playoffs.
I agree with best player available IF Joe Thomas is already taken, then we look at RB or Safety.
austintexanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #19
bckey
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15763 bckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respectedbckey is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasJedi View Post
Oh yeah, I agree that DC is gone most likely. I'm really not arguing that since there is nothing to argue.

I was a Reggie Bush leaner before the draft. Frankly, I thought he would be a better RUNNING back at this point and sure he has not been asked to do that as much as Deuce, but he has been a dissapointment in that regard. I kind of saw him as having a similar impact (here) as Portis had in Denver, only with more receiving yards. My thinking was that Carr excels at short throws and Bush would have given him a real weapon.

The Texans did not hedge their bets with Domanick's health. And I understand that it was a second injury in camp that is putting him on the shelf right now, but he has not been able to stay healthy for a full season thus far so they kind of put all their eggs in one basket with him, that basket being Domanick's health. Even with a healthy Dom, Bush could have been used like he has been in New Orleans. By taking Bush it also says that Kubiak is going to do whatever it takes for Carr, and in turn the Texans offense, to succeed. That is why Kubiak got the job-to fix Carr.

I'm extremely happy we didn't take Reggie Bush. He is a media boy from socal that doesn't have crap for rushing yards. Dan Marino on inside the nfl said he thinks R Bush should be the offensive roy. What? He doesn't hold a candle to what Maurice Jones Drew or Marques Colston have done.

I'll give you one even better than that. On ESPN NFL Live Sean Salsbury talked up Carr and his completion percentage. Probably never seen Carr in action. Great analyst.

Texans fans know more about their team than anyone else because nobody else watches the Texans (including the so-called analysts) unless they are playing their team that week.
bckey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #20
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Give me an ugly southern boy who likes to drink, smoke (in the huddle), and fight any day...
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read