Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Everyone Is Wrong About EVERYTHING

Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

Two, and let me put this in bold so you can understand this:
David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

Andre, David, and Dunta aren't going to be benched. its not happening.

Mcnair isn't going to publicly apologize. its not happening.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Maher
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
swtbound07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Everyone Is Wrong About EVERYTHING

I agree with that statement SWT
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Rep Power: 904 swtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respectedswtbound07 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't WANT to hear anything. Im just telling you whats going to happen

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
"I'll show you Obama's birth certificate when you show me Sarah Palin's high school diploma"
Old 12-17-2006   #4
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 631 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Allright, I've kept my mouth shut for quite some time, but its time to put some things out on the table that I happen to know, and dispel some of the common myths on this board. I absolutely refuse to reveal my source, but you can take this stuff or leave it, won't change that im right.

One, for everyone saying that today was the last straw, and David Carr has to go, your wrong twice. For one thing, he should have gone last year, THAT was the last straw.

Two, and let me put this in bold so you can understand this:
David Carr Will Be Allowed to play out the remainder of his contract extension. PERIOD.
You can draw up lists, look at free agents, do whatever you want. Carr will be here until his extension runs out, and its very possible he could get a new contract after that.

even if we WERE looking to acquire a quarterback, it wouldn't be matt schaub. the price will be too high, and frankly he will be the most sought after qb on the market, and we cant pull that.

We won't draft Kevin Kolb. PERIOD. Not even in the 7th. Our scouting department and team have a policy to avoid local players. I can't tell you why, but I can promise you that we aint getting any UH or UT boys. Let it go.

Jake Plummer aint coming to save us. Its not happening. we won't pick up another qb.

Andre, David, and Dunta aren't going to be benched. its not happening.

Mcnair isn't going to publicly apologize. its not happening.
Allrighty then. I believe you, but I don't have to be happy about it.

I guess the only thing left at this point is either A. drink my way through the games, B. find a football season prescription to some kind of funny pills, or C. hope for the best, expect the worst and try not to care so much.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

I agree, who in the hell would want David?....this is "one" of the reasons why I wasn't so big on the texans signing him back.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
GanadoUHCoog
Rookie

after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.
GanadoUHCoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GanadoUHCoog View Post
after this year, either Carr goes or the fans go........I guarantee it. If Carr stays the stadium won't even be half-sold on gamedays. Money talks. Carr will be traded for a 3rd-4th rd pick.....I GUARANTEE IT.
Im not making predictions sir...im telling you what our owner and organization have already decided. You can bet me if you like.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Completely wrong. If McNair wants to continue to be the laughingstock of the league while losing a dwindling fan base then Carr will be back. It would be franchise suicide to keep running the guy out there. I'm sorry but I have a hard time believing that Mr. McNair is really that dumb of a business man considering his non-football success.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
TexanLen
Veteran

Right now, it just looks like a bad, bad business decision. Not only for the team, but also for the fans. McNair will lose a lot of fans if stays with Carr. I am not doubting you SWT, i am just not happy with their decisions here lately.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Honch Delgado
Veteran

I wouldn't be surprised. Nothing this incompetent organization does shocks me anymore.
Old 12-17-2006   #11
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtbound07 View Post
Im not making predictions sir...im telling you what our owner and organization have already decided. You can bet me if you like.
care to give any insight as to why these decisions are being made since you seem/claim to be in the know?
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
TexanLen
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
I don't see where another team would be dumb enough to take this TOTAL 100% LOSER. It would only set THAT team back years if THEY let him play.
If he goes anywhere, he will probably compete for a starting job but end up a back up ala Harrington who was benched today for bad performance.

Old 12-17-2006   #13
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

speaking about everything going wrong, Phillip Buchanon is leading the Tampa Bay Bucs right now tied with Chicago (overtime) with 8 tackles. Jabar Gaffney catching a TD against his former team (& dropping one) & Billy Miller resurfacing in New Orleans with 3 catches.......

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffi2 View Post
Allrighty then. I believe you, but I don't have to be happy about it.

I guess the only thing left at this point is either A. drink my way through the games, B. find a football season prescription to some kind of funny pills, or C. hope for the best, expect the worst and try not to care so much.
dude, you arent alone...could not have said it better
Old 12-17-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Thing is like SWT said.. Carr will be here,like it or not.. What better option? draft Smith? .. no, this team has multiple holes in it right now,and yes we will probably draft a Qb in the later rounds, but right now we have numerous holes to fill. I could see us go with defense/runningback and OL in the 1st few rounds .. now next season, I could see us draft a qb to sit for a year and when Carr's contract is up possibly replace him
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #16
TexanLen
Veteran

How many more years does Carr have on his contract? Is it 5 after this year?

Old 12-17-2006   #17
HoustonFrog
Chitown Frog

Rep Power: 32827 HoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respectedHoustonFrog is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
Thing is like SWT said.. Carr will be here,like it or not.. What better option? draft Smith? .. no, this team has multiple holes in it right now,and yes we will probably draft a Qb in the later rounds, but right now we have numerous holes to fill. I could see us go with defense/runningback and OL in the 1st few rounds .. now next season, I could see us draft a qb to sit for a year and when Carr's contract is up possibly replace him
They will draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Carr will be gone. The cap hit really isn't that harsh compared to what people think.
HoustonFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #18
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedinkle View Post
care to give any insight as to why these decisions are being made since you seem/claim to be in the know?
Im in the know...and believe me i wish i wasn't. Knowledge strips optimism. These decisions were made by Mcnair. Kubiak has 3 years to turn DC into a winner, then one of them is gone...and it probably won't be Carr.

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 12-17-2006   #19
swtbound07
Jackass of Day!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonFrog View Post
They will draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round. Carr will be gone. The cap hit really isn't that harsh compared to what people think.
Wanna bet Froggy?

Sig by Michaelm
Quote:
Old 12-17-2006   #20
coachemup
Rookie

ouch...
however, i have a couple of buddies that have said, that the Texans are being preened and prepped to be sold.

I don't want that to happen, but damn... if what SWT says is true, then I may have to start listening to my buds.
coachemup is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read