Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected
Default If you were GM, how would you improve this franchise?

2-14 last year. We had expectations of 6-7 wins this year. Instead, 4-10 and the laughingstock of the NFL.

5 years of this misery has to stop. What would you do to change this team?

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Texans34Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: If you were GM, how would you improve this franchise?

buy a time machine and go back and draft Julius Peppers, and then draft Vince Young.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
ItsAJtime
Rookie

Dynomite is the only answer.
ItsAJtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
TexanFanInCC
Hall of Fame

Send a message via AIM to TexanFanInCC Send a message via Yahoo to TexanFanInCC

start with running back (peterson) and then grab kevin kolb in the 2nd round.
Old 12-17-2006   #5
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
buy a time machine and go back and draft Julius Peppers, and then draft Vince Young.
LOL!
Old 12-17-2006   #6
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Just stay the course!
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 138002 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd like a running back. depending on Spencer's injury, I'd like secondary help..after that OL and LB
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Just stay the course!
Sadly, McNair said the same thing but didnt use the emoticon.

McNair sucks just as much as Carr...and that is a tall order indeed
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 13222 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

Lower beer prices at the Reliant
Old 12-17-2006   #10
amazingandre
All Pro

gotta go joe thomas 1st then if smith is there take him or kolb.........i say pick up mat schuab in fa as well as asante samuels(cb) and lance briggs(lb) andthen olinemen and the ret of the draft oline and db's
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

Rep Power: 1365 Texans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans34Life is a quality contributor and well respected

The Dream had mentioned about Peppers.

I took a look back at our 2002 draft Our scouts must have been smoking crack and hitting the vodka when they made our picks.

HoustonTexans4Life - 2010-2011 CHAMPION of TexansTalk Survivor and TexansTalk Pick'em
Old 12-17-2006   #12
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 102895 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Isn't the definition of insanity to do the same thing over and over again and expecting different results?

Is Bob McNair insane?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
I'd go a step further........

I'd kidnap VY from Tennesse, frame Carr for murder and embeselment. Then reveal to the world that Mario and Julius were switch at birth and that we really drafted Julius.

a pretty boy like Dave wouldn't last in jail.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
GuerillaBlack
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 33658 GuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respectedGuerillaBlack is a quality contributor and well respected

First off, in the first round, I would draft Troy Smith as our QB. I would try and get a trade for picks for David Carr. If not possible, just keep Carr.

If a second rounder for Cedric Benson does not go through, then I would take either Marshawn Lynch from California or Michael Bush from Louisville (if possible in the second round). The next five rounds, I would focus on CB and OL.

We could get Asante Samuel from the Patriots and Lance Briggs from Chicago is we try hard enough. They would help out our secondary a lot, and we could use the draft picks for sone OL. Also, if Dwight Freeney does not resign with the Colts, we could try him, too, but by that time, I think we would be above the salary cap.
GuerillaBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #15
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 66422 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloy View Post
Lower beer prices at the Reliant
what do mean lower beer prices? I say it would take FREE BEER

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #16
Texans34Life
I BLEED TEXANS!

The Texans should be paying me to drink their beer and attend their games.

McNair should be embarrassed with the personnel he put together.

Old 12-17-2006   #17
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuerillaBlack View Post
First off, in the first round, I would draft Troy Smith as our QB. I would try and get a trade for picks for David Carr. If not possible, just keep Carr.

If a second rounder for Cedric Benson does not go through, then I would take either Marshawn Lynch from California or Michael Bush from Louisville (if possible in the second round). The next five rounds, I would focus on CB and OL.
I think you may have your rounds switched up, but I want the players you want.

1) Peterson or Lynch in the first round.
2) Troy Smith in the second. (he'll measure only 5'11 at the combine dropping him to the second.)
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #18
TheIz
AirMan

Trade Carr for a 2nd - i think he's shown enough earlier in the season for someone to go for it (Raiders?....). Draft an exciting new face in the first -Smith, Peterson - whoever comes out of the pre-draft stuff looking the best; then either use the two 2nd rounders as they are, use them to move back up into the 1st (and grab the bpa), or package them in a trade for a vet that can help the team. That's a start at least......
TheIz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #19
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12237 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll say it again (as I have on other threads), it starts in the trenches. After 5 years of a patchwork O-line, and yes I know injuries have been a problem, we have to get this fixed or it won't matter who is back there as QB after Carr leaves. They will be running for their lives! Picking up Plummer next year or drafting Quinn I don't think will make any difference if the O-line is not fixed. Plummer is older and slower than Carr and throwing Quinn in there would probably yield no better results because he will be just a rookie.

I agree that Carr is damaged goods and at this point I don't think he will be salvageable. I'm just hoping that we will be able to get a draft pick (any draft pick) for him when they do decide to move him.

If you saw that game today against New England, you know we have a lot more holes to fill than just QB. It would be nice to do this thing right this time and fix this O-line for whoever will be QB next year. And the way we're going now we might have a shot at drafting Joe Thomas in the 1st round. In the 2nd we could pickup secondary help (unless we get it in FA), and then in the 3rd we could get a center like Kyle Young or perhaps get Kevin Kolb and start grooming him to take over. Either way we have a lot of holes to fill on both sides of the ball and I think it's going to take more than just this draft and FA to fill them. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #20
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Clone enough Dunta's to fix the secondary.

Clone enough Mario's to fix the D-Line.

Clone a couple of DeMeco's for good measure.

Find a way to play without an O-Line. Oh, wait, we have been playing with no O-Line since day 1.

OK, seriously.
I just can't see a scenario that doesn't have Carr back next year. With that in mind, find a mix of vets and draftee's to fix the O-Line and Secondary. With whatever cap we have left over, find a pressure guy for the D-Line.

Keep Sage if he is healthy. I really think we need a strong back up if Kubiack can't get in Carr's head and fix him by mid-season next year.

If we can get a deal on good speed RB, I sure would take a hard look at that too.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read