Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Cool Are there ANY Carr Homers LEFT??? [:-o>

I've never really cared for DC. To be honest, I wanted Harrington...looking back now, not so sure we'd be in ANY better place today with him...but I wanted to be completely truthful.

Back when I first started on the boards, a few months ago...it seemed like EVERYONE (or almost everyone) was a "Carr Homer." If anyone even spoke slightly against DC, they were blasted!

So here's the question...

Are there ANY of you guys/gals that are willing to proclaim themselves as a Die-Hard Carr Homer, after todays game???

We aren't talking about TEXANS Homers...we're talking ONLY about Carr Homers.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Theoridic
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to Theoridic
Default Re: Are there ANY Carr Homers LEFT??? [:-o>

I think I might be one of the last ones to convert but if you read (19-10 thread) what I wrote then you know how I feel now. God save your soul DC
Theoridic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
rmartin65
I'm Score

Rep Power: 58771 rmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respectedrmartin65 is a quality contributor and well respected

Carr homer? Kinda. I think he is the best quarterback the Texans have, and he can be a good quarterback. But die hard, Carr-first? No. Carr gives the Texans the best chance to win.
rmartin65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
MrMeToo
All Pro

Where's Goldeagle at?
Old 12-17-2006   #5
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
I've never really cared for DC. To be honest, I wanted Harrington...looking back now, not so sure we'd be in ANY better place today with him...but I wanted to be completely truthful.

Back when I first started on the boards, a few months ago...it seemed like EVERYONE (or almost everyone) was a "Carr Homer." If anyone even spoke slightly against DC, they were blasted!

So here's the question...

Are there ANY of you guys/gals that are willing to proclaim themselves as a Die-Hard Carr Homer, after todays game???

We aren't talking about TEXANS Homers...we're talking ONLY about Carr Homers.

Can I get all the bad reputation from slamming Carr for the last 3 years erased? I was right, they were wrong. Game Over. Debate is over. Carr is 100% garbage.
Old 12-17-2006   #6
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

I jumped off the bandwagon after the Oakland game but I don't think any changes should be made until the offseason. If Sage wasn't hurt I'd consider it but I don't believe in making changes for the sake of change.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldnt mind having him for another year...to grove in the new QB into the system. What if Carr pulls a Drew Brees since someones breathing down his neck? >> oh well.
Old 12-17-2006   #8
Texan Asylum
Christian

Rep Power: 17420 Texan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan Asylum is a quality contributor and well respected

This is my VERY first post EVER, on this board, and my very first, apparent, 'negative' rep hit for this post...

Quote:
12-14-2005
Texan Asylum
CHRISTIAN Join Date: Oct 2005
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

First time post so be gentle.

I think it's very ironic that Reeves is brought in to analize what our problem
is a give recommendations on how to fix them. I still remember Reeves and
the Donkeys from not too many years ago that seemed to own Houston's
number and The Donkeys will forever be on my short list of most hated
teams. That being said, I don't have a problem with Reeves as HC or GM
or anything else for that matter. I just want someone there with some
backbone to state what needs to be done no matter how crazy the idea.
One idea to sort out is why not trade Carr for a player or two and some draft
picks. He's ruined as a QB with the OL we have now so perhaps we can
start over and build an offence around DD and AJ.
Just some thoughts and remember be gentle.
Quote:
Face it, Reeves will be... 12-14-2005 04:48 PM 'We will trade you...long before Carr. '
I'm still a Carr fan, but can't see where he can inspire the team around him. He's at a point at which very few can return from...irrelevancy.
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Carr....I'd like him a lot better if he weren't our QB.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

I wouldn't say I'm a Carr homer...but I do believe he has the talent...it's just never been shown.

But my question is whether or not you guys expected us not to get run over today. I mean...the Patriots were coming off losing a terrible game, had something to prove, and are finally starting to get healthy again.

I support the Texans all the way...but there's no way in heck I thought we had a chance today.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
bpergrem3
Rookie

I'm still a big Carr fan. So much so that I hope we move him this year so he can prosper somewhere else and is able to show how good he is when he has time to throw. He was good starting out the season with a healthy O-line and his performance has slipped with every starter going down with an injury. Andre and Moulds have quit on him also. I don't understand how two pro-bowl wideouts can't get any seperation against any team in the league.

Who do we complain about when Carr isn't here and we still suck?
bpergrem3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
Buffi2
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 630 Buffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respectedBuffi2 is a quality contributor and well respected

I didn't expect us to win. I also didn't expect 4 interceptions, the offense not being able to string 2 first downs together, and such a huuuge difference in the score. There is losing, there is being trounced, and then there is not even being able to play in the same league.
Buffi2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
mganz
Rookie

I still like Carr. I want him to do well. Although I can't argue with anyone about his play. I think he has talent and think he will eventually do well (maybe for another team). As long as he is our QB I will support him. That doesn't mean that I will defend his mistakes.
mganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
TexanLen
Veteran

I was never a Carr homer nor a Carr hater. I wanted to see him succeed but it just never happened. I was the fan that pulled for Carr and said to myself ok, now he is going to turn it around. Now he is going to shine. But just to be disappointed week after week. Yeah, this team has other problems, but Carr lacks that leadership ability this team needs. He doesn't get onto the line when they make mistakes. He doesn't get into anybody's face. He takes a sack, and just gets up dusts himself off and moves on. I believe Carr needs to move on for the sake of the team and himself.

Adopt a Texan... Can it be a cheerleader?!!!
TexanLen is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read