Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Default Enough is Enough!

I've been a defender of Carr's since he got here. I've tried to give him every benefit of the doubt. This season proves that he is not capable of being a quality NFL QB.

His play against the Patriots was pathetic. He had the look of a punch drunk fighter who is in a daze. He is not equipped to be the leader of this football team.

The Texans need to get rid of him at the end of the season. I don't care if they can't even get a 5th round pick for him. At this point, waiving him at the end of the season would be addition by subtraction.

It's not fair to everyone else in the organization to be held back by his lousy play.
CowboysTexansFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Enough is Enough!

Where's Drew Henson when you need him?
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Where's Drew Henson when you need him?
He's on the Colts' practice squad. I'd much rather have Tony Romo, who is already so much better than Carr in terms of pocket awareness, leadership and intangibles it's not even funny.
Old 12-17-2006   #4
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 87860 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Where's Ryan Leaf?
Old 12-17-2006   #5
bigTEXan8
All Pro

carr needs to go to have a decent chance of a career. Lord knows that he never had a shot when he came here. it doesn't matter if Jesus himself comes and plays for the texans. kubiak will throw a krappy offensive scheme and the front office will do nothing to protect him.
Old 12-17-2006   #6
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Where's Ryan Leaf?
Last I heard, he was a QB coach at some JV/Division II-type college...
Old 12-17-2006   #7
profan
Veteran

i will not be attending anymore texans games with carr as the starter. The fans deserve a much better product. There has been no competition for the qb position. It has always been given to dc. I will not attend another game until this position is filled by the best qb who earns the job and is not given the position.
profan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigTEXan8 View Post
carr needs to go to have a decent chance of a career. Lord knows that he never had a shot when he came here. it doesn't matter if Jesus himself comes and plays for the texans. kubiak will throw a krappy offensive scheme and the front office will do nothing to protect him.
Perhaps a change of scenery would allow him to have a decent career. I disagree with your other comments. Kubiak is one of the best offensive coaches in the NFL and has the rest of the team headed in the right direction. Carr needs to go--2 more games and counting.
Old 12-17-2006   #9
Sportsfan
All Pro

What are you talking about? David Carr is a great quarterback.

Sincerely,

Ryan Leaf & Andre Ware
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
4Texans
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 46 4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected4Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboysTexansFan View Post
I've been a defender of Carr's since he got here. I've tried to give him every benefit of the doubt. This season proves that he is not capable of being a quality NFL QB.

His play against the Patriots was pathetic. He had the look of a punch drunk fighter who is in a daze. He is not equipped to be the leader of this football team.

The Texans need to get rid of him at the end of the season. I don't care if they can't even get a 5th round pick for him. At this point, waiving him at the end of the season would be addition by subtraction.

It's not fair to everyone else in the organization to be held back by his lousy play.

He really did have a look of confusion when he walked up to the line several times. As much as I have wanted him to succeed, it's hard to watch this game and realize that this is his 5th year as a starting NFL QB.
Old 12-17-2006   #11
TheIronDuke
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post

Sincerely,

Ryan Leaf & Andre Ware
What's funny is listening to Andre Ware blasting a lot of Carr's passing decisions on the SR 610 feed.
Old 12-17-2006   #12
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:

Sincerely,

Ryan Leaf & Andre Ware
lol
Old 12-17-2006   #13
CowboysTexansFan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Texans View Post
He really did have a look of confusion when he walked up to the line several times. As much as I have wanted him to succeed, it's hard to watch this game and realize that this is his 5th year as a starting NFL QB.
Yes, I was in the same boat until very recently. He's a good guy and I don't wish him ill, but I don't want him to be the QB of the Texans. He needs a one way ticket out of town.
Old 12-17-2006   #14
mganz
Rookie

I said at the beginning of the year that I would give Carr 2 years with Kub. I will stand by that. There really is no defending Carr at this point. Whether you think it is his fault or anyone elses, the blame will lay with him. Today and for several games he has made poor reads, poor throws. Although, he has made improvements in some areas, such as throwing the ball away and not "taking the sack". He has proved that he can be accurate. I've seen some of you say that "I could pass for 65% throwing 3-5yard". I don't think there are any easy throws in the NFL. Like I said I am willing to give him 1 more year to make significant strides under Kubs. Again I am in no way defending him. I do think that we should pick up another QB via FA or the draft, if for no other reason than to learn the offense. Call me what you want, but I will never be called a "bandwagon fan".

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!
mganz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #15
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Yes, I was in the same boat until very recently. He's a good guy and I don't wish him ill, but I don't want him to be the QB of the Texans. He needs a one way ticket out of town.
I don't wish him ill,but I don't wish him well...
Old 12-17-2006   #16
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mganz View Post
I said at the beginning of the year that I would give Carr 2 years with Kub. I will stand by that. There really is no defending Carr at this point. Whether you think it is his fault or anyone elses, the blame will lay with him. Today and for several games he has made poor reads, poor throws. Although, he has made improvements in some areas, such as throwing the ball away and not "taking the sack". He has proved that he can be accurate. I've seen some of you say that "I could pass for 65% throwing 3-5yard". I don't think there are any easy throws in the NFL. Like I said I am willing to give him 1 more year to make significant strides under Kubs. Again I am in no way defending him. I do think that we should pick up another QB via FA or the draft, if for no other reason than to learn the offense. Call me what you want, but I will never be called a "bandwagon fan".

GO TEXANS!!!!!!!
another year of Carr's stellar play...
Old 12-17-2006   #17
wenskek
Rookie

This just in... it's official David Carr SUCKS and is one of the biggest bust in texans history.
wenskek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #18
Marcus
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80254 Marcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respectedMarcus is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

Sincerely,

Ryan Leaf & Andre Ware
David Carr would be a very good quarterback if he went to another team.

Sincerely,

Joey Harrington
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #19
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 59496 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr does seem like a nice person. He doesnít beat his wife, spit on women, get busted for DWI or having a trunk full of dope, or flip of the fans at the stadium. With all of that said, I donít want him to be our QB next year.
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #20
MrMeToo
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
David Carr would be a very good quarterback if he went to another team.

Sincerely,

Joey Harrington
Carr is no Joey Harrington...

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read