Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Ron Dayne

At least he's running hard...he seems to fall forward...you think he should be back next year (no, not as the starter)
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 129709 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ron Dayne

i don't know, he took out spencer ... imagine if we drafted d'brick and that happened

seriously he is running hard and actually looks decent but we still need an upgrade. I am wondering the reason he is starting .. is it because he can pick up a bllitz?
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
i don't know, he took out spencer ... imagine if we drafted d'brick and that happened

seriously he is running hard and actually looks decent but we still need an upgrade. I am wondering the reason he is starting .. is it because he can pick up a bllitz?
Kubiak actually said Wali is better at picking up the blitz, and catching out of the backfield...... I don't know if I believe that, but that's what he said.

Upgrade the running back position......... not a bad idea, but our running game is really based on the play of the OL... I say we keep Dayne, till we get the OL fixed We've still got Gado, Lundy, & Taylor.... all who would do very well if the line can perform avg'ly.

But with a game like today, where running the ball wasn't the problem, and falling behind early put us in a bad bad position(having to trust David Carr to make a play, and win a game for us).... I would think more people would be wanting to shore up our secondary.

Dunta was horrid.... our best CB never started a game for us before... Hutchins(is that his name?? I don't even know the kid). Laron Landry.... if he is the best thing going in the defensive secondary at the top of the draft, I think we should just grab him.

& we need some DTs badly....... & LBs... & CBs.......
Old 12-17-2006   #4
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

that 19 yd run he had in the 3rd was the best play of the day. we need a better rb though
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne would be a great change of pace back for us.. but we need a headliner. Unfortunately I think that that is "one need too many" this offseason. Dunno if we can fill all our other needs and get a good RB too.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
NJTexanFan
Rookie

As of everyone speak fo all other running backs i begin to wonder what about domanick davis it seems like everyone just doesn't mention him and since this season is over all we have is next season to look forward to
NJTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
thetexanator
All Pro

Rep Power: 4489 thetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respectedthetexanator is a quality contributor and well respected

from what ive heard his knee is really bad, something like not enough cartilage in the knee. hes probably done, at the least you cant go into next year depending on this injury prone back.
thetexanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJTexanFan View Post
As of everyone speak fo all other running backs i begin to wonder what about domanick davis it seems like everyone just doesn't mention him and since this season is over all we have is next season to look forward to
Hey another NJ fan, I thought I was the only one.

Anyway, I think Dayne has showed he is capable of running, not starting, but running. I was wondering the same thing, it's like Dom isn't even coming back on these boards. His name is never mentioned at all. He can start and then we'll have at least two capable back ups in Dayne and Lundy in case Davis goes down again.
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
FLYmeatwad
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetexanator View Post
from what ive heard his knee is really bad, something like not enough cartilage in the knee. hes probably done, at the least you cant go into next year depending on this injury prone back.
Really? I haven't heard that. It's a damn shame if that's true though. Davis was capable of giving us 1000+ even behind our O-Line when he was healthy. I'm still hoping for a healthy return, but if his career is done, it was really too short for the masses to see how good he was and could have been.
FLYmeatwad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Dayne would be a great change of pace back for us.. but we need a headliner. Unfortunately I think that that is "one need too many" this offseason. Dunno if we can fill all our other needs and get a good RB too.
I agree 100% with what role Dayne could fill next season. Down on the goal line, 3rd and shorts, etc. Get someone else Lundy, Taylor, or draft (not necessarily a high draft pick) to handle most carries.

I'm already excited about the changes to come.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #11
DayneBum
Rookie

if Dayne is re-singed next year.he will be back and be the starter next season. He'll have a great off-season workout program. He will be in here at 235-238lbs. Long as he stays healthy, he will be the next 1000 yrd rusher for the houston Texans.....MARK MY WORDS. If not, he'll be back in Denver as the starting rb and on the list with all the other 1000 yrd rushers that have come out of Denver..........MARK MY WORDS.
DayneBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #12
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I think Dayne has earned our primary backup position. I still want a multi-talented back that can consistently run between the tackles AND break the big one. We have yet to have one of those yet.
Old 12-18-2006   #13
South Texan
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 South Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballotSouth Texan is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayneBum View Post
if Dayne is re-singed next year.he will be back and be the starter next season. He'll have a great off-season workout program. He will be in here at 235-238lbs. Long as he stays healthy, he will be the next 1000 yrd rusher for the houston Texans.....MARK MY WORDS. If not, he'll be back in Denver as the starting rb and on the list with all the other 1000 yrd rushers that have come out of Denver..........MARK MY WORDS.
Don't let this guy get away. We already made that mistake with Glenn and Sharper.
South Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #14
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 72233 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Dayne has been a pleasant surprise to me. If he can be consistent he's worth the roster spot.

Given his speed and power, what does anyone think of him playing the fullback role with Lundy in our two back sets? It would give the defenses something else to think about. Two running and passing threats from the backfield.
Old 12-18-2006   #15
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 322585 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
I agree 100% with what role Dayne could fill next season. Down on the goal line, 3rd and shorts, etc. Get someone else Lundy, Taylor, or draft (not necessarily a high draft pick) to handle most carries.

I'm already excited about the changes to come.
That's silly. We need Ron Dayne to weaken the defense, and then let Wali or Gado have their way in the 4th Qtr, after Dayne has done the heavy lifting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOgre View Post
I think Dayne has earned our primary backup position. I still want a multi-talented back that can consistently run between the tackles AND break the big one. We have yet to have one of those yet.
man....... what's a guy got to do to earn the starting spot around here?? That 19 yard run by Dayne, that would have been a 50 yard run if the Defense had to worry about our recievers..... trust me, the Pats were trying to stop our running game, and Dayne still popped off 95 yards on 18 carries......... but he's not good enough to be our starter?? WTF....
Old 12-18-2006   #16
DayneBum
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
That's silly. We need Ron Dayne to weaken the defense, and then let Wali or Gado have their way in the 4th Qtr, after Dayne has done the heavy lifting.

man....... what's a guy got to do to earn the starting spot around here?? That 19 yard run by Dayne, that would have been a 50 yard run if the Defense had to worry about our recievers..... trust me, the Pats were trying to stop our running game, and Dayne still popped off 95 yards on 18 carries......... but he's not good enough to be our starter?? WTF....
Exactly Kyss. i guess 40tds, in one season, will convince them. i dont know. But the guy will have a hell of a season next year, if he stays healthy. Kubes wouldnt of bought him here if he didnt think he could be a starter for this team.
DayneBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #17
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Peterson as our main back, with Dayne and Lundy as backups. That would be a solid backfield IMO.
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #18
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

I would not be disappointed if Lundy wasn't on the club in '07. Dayne is a different story.
Old 12-18-2006   #19
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

IIRC, Dayne came to the club a bit hurt (toe) and looked more than a little out of shape. That is probably why the first few games he didn't look very good, but now the toe is better and he has played himself back into some sort of football shape along with getting this version of the Denver offense down and it seems to be making a big difference.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #20
Dunta_23
All Pro

Im all for Dayne sticking around for next year...he seems to have a lot of 8-12 yard runs in him... which is really good...just had to get a little bit better in short yardage...
Dunta_23 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read