Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-17-2006   #1
TexansAllTheWayBaby
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 TexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro BowlerTexansAllTheWayBaby is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via AIM to TexansAllTheWayBaby
Arrow My Keys to Second Half Success: vs. New England

Our Houston Texans trail the New England Patriots 27-0 at halftime. Our Texans will start the second half by receiving the football.

This first half obviously has not been what we wanted, we are doing some bad things that are hurting us, and we really need a major second half to have a chance in this one.

The following is what I believe our Texans must do in order to have second half success vs. New England...

-Reduce Turnovers. These have killed us in the first half of this football game. David Carr threw 2 interceptions, setting up the Patriots with outstanding field position and they have taken advantage. If we want to have any chance in the second half this game, we obviously need to secure that football.

-Reduce sacks. David's been sacked already a few times this game on important plays, and the offensive line is just getting flat out beat, alot of guys on the o-line are hurting, we have some young guys playing so it's not looking good obviously, but I look for us to run some screen plays or draws early in the second half of this football game to try and take some heat off David.

-More run plays. I know this will obviously be difficult to do down 27-0, but Ronnie is really the type of back that can get you all the way down the field by himself, we have seen him do this in the past. He's ran the ball well in the first half, and by givinig him some more touches, again, it will take some heat of David, it's safe in terms of reducing turnovers and again, he can really ware out a defense and get you down that field so I look for us to throw out some more run plays in the second half despite being down 27-0.

Obviously, not the way we wanted the first half to go. by in times such as these, when your 4-9, loosing big at the half, have numerous injuries, your on the road, you really learn alot about the pride and character of your team based on how they come out of that locker room at battle in the second hlaf and I look for us to show tremendous team pride coming out of that locker room.

Also, you never know in terms of a comeback. If we do the things I mentioned above, crazier things have occured in this leauge.

Let's see what happens,
GO TEXANS
Old 12-17-2006   #2
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer
Default Re: My Keys to Second Half Success: vs. New England

The Dream's Keys to The 2nd Half

Stay in the locker room....it's safe there.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 68496 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

[IMG][/IMG]

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
touttail
All Pro

My key for the second half is to catch the bus to the airport and get the hell out of there!

Bobby 119C
touttail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
ESAD2-14
TexanAmerican

Rep Power: 19109 ESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respectedESAD2-14 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sounds like a solid plan..........

the airport/locker room plans I mean.....

Last edited by ESAD2-14; 12-17-2006 at 02:02 PM. Reason: my eyes ache from watching this game
ESAD2-14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 58645 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

I for one am glad to see that someone out there is still watching and analyzing these games with a clear outlook.

Sure, the Texans played a terrible first half, but don't just jump on Texansallthewaybaby. He's the only shred of optimism we have left on this board, and we need him

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read