Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-17-2006   #1
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Casserly on the draft

did anyone else just see Casserlys take on the upcoming draft when asked on the CBS NFL Today Pre-Game show? Troy Smith rated "by most teams" as 3rd rd. material. Joe Thomas as the #1 senior prospect & if Calvin Johnson comes out he will be #1 overall. then added Adrian Peterson as a true blue chip prospect & one of the best he's ever seen. just specualtion on my part but if Charlie Casserly was still the Texans GM AP would be the #1 pick in the 07 draft of the Houston Texans should he be there when they pick

2012 Draft was Mercilus

Last edited by beerlover; 12-17-2006 at 11:39 AM.
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Hookem Horns
The Bill Payer

Rep Power: 52985 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Casserly on the draft

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
did anyone else just see Casserlys take on the upcoming draft when asked on the CBS NFL Today Pre-Game show? Troy Smith rated "by most teams" as 3rd rd. material. Joe Thomas as the #1 senior prospect & if Calvin Johnson comes out he will be #1 overall. then added Adrian Peterson as the best RB talent hes seen in years. just specualtion on my part but if Charlie Casserly was still the Texans GM AP would be the #1 pick in the 07 draft of the Houston Texans should he be there when they pick
Doubt that, he would probably try to make another "genius, let's outwit the other 31 teams" type off the wall pick.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
coachemup
Rookie

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: "Why does anyone even listen to this guy?" And how did he land a job on CBS?? Too many questions, makes my head hurt!
coachemup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #4
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He does seem to know a lot of the intricacies and how the nfl works. a lot of the rules and things that go on...but that's about it. he should work for the league not cbs or ANY NFL TEAM!!!!
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Who really cares what Casserly thinks about the draft? Seriously.

If Casserly was still our GM, he'd be looking for another Travis Johnson in the first round instead of Derrick Johnson or maybe even trading away our entire Day 1 for Jason Babin or maybe trading away a couple of Day 1's for a P-Buc or a second rounder for Hollings, or giving 32 million in signing bonus to Walker, Wade, and Smith or whatever. As recently as last week, he still had guys like Jason Campbell ranked above Vince in his best young QB list. My hamster can gauge NFL talent better than that little paranoid, bitter, and incompetent egomaniac.

Last edited by aj.; 12-17-2006 at 05:24 PM.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #6
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by beerlover View Post
did anyone else just see Casserlys take on the upcoming draft when asked on the CBS NFL Today Pre-Game show? Troy Smith rated "by most teams" as 3rd rd. material. Joe Thomas as the #1 senior prospect & if Calvin Johnson comes out he will be #1 overall. then added Adrian Peterson as a true blue chip prospect & one of the best he's ever seen. just specualtion on my part but if Charlie Casserly was still the Texans GM AP would be the #1 pick in the 07 draft of the Houston Texans should he be there when they pick
So by looking at Charlie's history with the draft my guess is that Troy Smith is going to be an NFL superstar while Adrian Peterson is going to be a bust.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't understand it either but someone thinks he knows what hes doing because Charlie is still pulling a paycheck & laughing all the way to the bank.

It never seemed to matter what the great board posters like AJ or Vinny thought it was always Casserlys way or the highway. Now we have been dropped off, so to speak on that highway deserted, lonely & depressed/ripped off in the dark as to how our illustrious owner was taken by this fast talking, swindler a mess of 5 years of drafting, bad trades & free agency busts :brickwall

I'm afraid if I watch the pre-game show again my televison would be in great peril, so I will not watch CBS NFL Today again, well at least as long as Casserly is employed

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-17-2006   #8
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 19125 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Yea be careful, he might convince you that trading in your TV and DVD player for a toaster oven would be a good idea.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 12831 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ole Miss Texan View Post
Yea be careful, he might convince you that trading in your TV and DVD player for a toaster oven would be a good idea.
LMAOOOO!!!

The Toaster Oven would be a team cancer, seeing as the acronyms for Toaster Oven is...T.O.
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 23247 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm surprised Casserly hasn't engineered a trade for Dan Marino and the CBS crew for two second round picks yet...
Old 12-17-2006   #11
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Who really cares what Casserly thinks about the draft? Seriously.

If Casserly was still our GM, he'd be looking for another Travis Johnson in the first round instead of Derrick Johnson or maybe even trading away our entire Day 1 for Jason Babin or maybe trading away a couple of Day 1's for a P-Buc or a second rounder for Hollings, or giving 32 million in signing bonus to Walker, Wade, and Smith or whatever. As recently as last week, he still had guys like Jason Campbell ranked above Vince in his best young QB list. My hamster can gauge NFL talent better than that little paranoid, bitter, and incompetent egomaniac.

I agree AJ.. CC is the Mike Martz of GM's (or was).. overthinking and ends up outsmarting himself
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read