Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-16-2006   #1
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 15 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover
Default Ocho Cinco?

Im just wondering, does Chad Johnson know what Ocho Cinco is? Does he call himself that because it is catchier than Ochenta y Cinco? Or does he really think ocho cinco is eighty-five?
Old 12-17-2006   #2
Baranghoori
Veteran

Default Re: Ocho Cinco?

I think he understands it means 'eight five'. Even in the English language, some people say the numbers separately to emphasize the importance of that particular player. I'm sure i've heard it several times, but i can't give a specific example, because it never occurred to me to.
Baranghoori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #3
AtheGreat
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baranghoori View Post
I think he understands it means 'eight five'. Even in the English language, some people say the numbers separately to emphasize the importance of that particular player. I'm sure i've heard it several times, but i can't give a specific example, because it never occurred to me to.
naw, its from a reporter. when they played the falcons, a guy asked 85 how many TD's he was gonna get against deangleo hall. chad replyed " two, twoso, doso." then the reporter took it from there by calling him ocho cinco.
AtheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #4
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected

What I like better is this and I stole it from somehwere else so I cant take credit.
Calling Carr ----- Ocho Stinko
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2006   #5
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i think it's funny how people think he's been doing this "ocho cinco" only for a month or two. but if you have NFL Network, they have this commercial where they show johnson and they have a little song and the guy says "OCHO CINCO!" and that's been on since around the draft.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read