Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 10-06-2004   #1
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man
Default Simms in at TB

ESPN say Simms is to replace Johnson.

Simms in
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #2
DavidCarr_Fan8
Rookie

I'm glad they put in Simms, I want to see what he can do, he probably won't be able to turn around the Bucs season but he could be better than Johnson, if his receivers get open for him he could have some talent.

www.PigSkinHeaven.com
DavidCarr_Fan8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #3
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3rd Coast Playa
wow, he will be a good qb. but he will never win a superbowl, nor will he win a playoff game, in college he always melted under pressure in the big game and will do so in the nfl
He will never win a Super Bowl.
He will never win a playoff game.
He will melt under pressure in the big game.
He will be a good QB.

Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #4
DomDavis
Veteran

Rep Power: 13 DomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVPDomDavis was voted MVP

Quote:
was he pretty good in college? yes. did he melt under the big game? yes. he may put up good statistics, i am trying to give him "some" credit. but when the game is on him in another words he wont be able to carry his team, mark my words. i may have contridicted myself but i just didnt make my point clear. he will be good in terms up stat wise ocassionally. grr. i dont like him. never could win the big game at ut. threw a lot of picks in the big ones.
uh, who exactly has won the big game at UT? Who has beaten OU after they became a top 25 team? Major couldn't, Simms couldn't, Mock couldn't, Young couldn't... the problem is with Mack Brown and Greg Davis, not the man under center. Teams win and lose big games, not quarterbacks. And the coaching staff is a big part of that team. If you put Brett Favre under center for Texas and gave him the Texas offensive schemes, I still don't think he'd beat OU.
DomDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #5
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
was he pretty good in college? yes. did he melt under the big game? yes. he may put up good statistics, i am trying to give him "some" credit. but when the game is on him in another words he wont be able to carry his team, mark my words. i may have contridicted myself but i just didnt make my point clear. he will be good in terms up stat wise ocassionally. grr. i dont like him. never could win the big game at ut. threw a lot of picks in the big ones.
Could you give an example of throwing a lot of picks in the big games?

It's easy to look at the stats and say he had a bad game (and I'll concede that he had a horrendous game against CU in the Big12 Championship game a few years back). But I often read how some of Carr's INTs were the WRs fault for running the wrong route/not catching the ball or the OL didn't offer enough protection. Yet no other QB is afforded these reasons.

So I'd like to hear about the INTs he threw in the big games.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read