Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Be careful what you wish for, Texan fans

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/slant/slant76.html

Quote:
Sean Payton. Drew Brees. Reggie Bush. Marcus Colston. They ALL could have been standing on the Texan sideline Sunday... watching Tennessee beat Houston...

Instead, they were 250 miles north helping the Saints completely and utterly de-ball the Dallas Cowboys (a pretty decent consolation prize, if I do say so my darn self). Which I bring up not to rub salt into the by now festering wound of the Houston Texans, but to demonstrate two inherently obvious facts about our local football team: 1) they haven’t caught a single break in five years; 2) they have no one to blame but themselves
Quote:
And as Young glided across the goal line, it likely brought to an end Carr’s tenure in Houston. I can’t imagine trying to sell David Carr to the fan base again next year, meaning the first ever pick in franchise history is likely to be gone – joining the 2nd-, 5th-, 6th- and 7th –ever picks in franchise history…

And if it does indeed happen, that means Carr’s whipping boy routine won’t be around next year to deflect the rest of us from ignoring the roster’s many, Many, MANY remaining shortcomings. So in the grand tradition of The Colbert Report (read: I’m stealing it and being unoriginal), I'm putting the following Texan-related components on notice - bring out the big board!
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #2
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 100807 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Be careful what you wish for, Texan fans

wow ric is a little perturbed to say the least
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #3
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I wish there was a way to put Bob McNair on notice.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #4
New_Texans
All Pro

Rep Power: 29 New_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respectedNew_Texans is a quality contributor and well respected

That was a really good article. Im just waiting for when David Carr comes back to Houston and pulls a Vince Young on us in the 4th quarter for the Browns.

Houston Fans get what they deserve.
Old 12-16-2006   #5
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by New_Texans View Post

I've been passionately supporting Houston's NFL teams for twice as long as you've been alive. Exactly what is it that I deserve? (besides free mental health care)
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #6
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 56984 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected

Ric hiding behind the writer's pen. He should man up and tell us what he really thinks....ooops I am probably going on notice for that.
Texian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #7
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
That was a really good article. Im just waiting for when David Carr comes back to Houston and pulls a Vince Young on us in the 4th quarter for the Browns.

...JMO, but don't hold your breath--you'll see before you ever see Carr be a 4th qtr hero anywhere, let alone Houston
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2006   #8
dantem
Veteran

Great Article

Althogh, IMHO There were far better lines you could have quoted from it...
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #9
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2514 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

I gotta tell ya...Ric was preachin what I've been feelin
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #10
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
...JMO, but don't hold your breath--you'll see before you ever see Carr be a 4th qtr hero anywhere, let alone Houston

This year:

Cook fumbles
Gado fumbles
Aj drops a pass

Years before

Carr leads team with 1:50 against the Colts, Manning beats us

Carr leads team back against the Titans with like 2:00 and McNair leads Titans back to beat us

Carr faces 4th and 1 against the Jags and scores the TD by jumping and reaching for the End Zone

but you cant teach an old dog new tricks, if people want to think Carr has not taken us in the past, thats your call.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #11
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

The last time the Texans were above .500 was Week 8 of the 2004 season when they were sitting at 4-3.

Since then, they are 9-29.

That's really all that matters to me.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Why are people taking jabs at Bob McNair? How much of a punk do you have to be to take a shot at Bob McNair?

You wouldnt have a team to sit and be unthankful for if it wasnt for McNair. Additionally.. he has never owned a team... he has no experience at this.. he is still learning as well. Give the guy a break.

Any time you feel like Bob McNair is at fault.. keep in mind that he put up your portion of the 700 million bucks it took to pull this team to Houston.

***holes

Like a little punk high school brat screaming at his parents cause they bought him a Chevy instead of a BMW. You disgust me.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #13
HOOK'EM
Veteran

Carr is just not cutting it.
HOOK'EM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #14
wicked_wayz
all blacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Why are people taking jabs at Bob McNair? How much of a punk do you have to be to take a shot at Bob McNair?

You wouldnt have a team to sit and be unthankful for if it wasnt for McNair. Additionally.. he has never owned a team... he has no experience at this.. he is still learning as well. Give the guy a break.

Any time you feel like Bob McNair is at fault.. keep in mind that he put up your portion of the 700 million bucks it took to pull this team to Houston.

***holes

Like a little punk high school brat screaming at his parents cause they bought him a Chevy instead of a BMW. You disgust me.
well said
Old 12-17-2006   #15
brewhaus
All Pro

Quoting Ric Weeney...I mean Sweeney:
And finally, Houston Texans Fans
If the vast majority of you do get your wish, and Carr is leading the Denver Wildcats to an Arena Bowl Championship next year, then you better stop being a bunch of whiney, insufferable females at that certain time of the month.

Gee Ric, I'm sorry I offended you......but you can take your "wild-ass opinion" and stick it where the sun don't shine. Go be a Cowgirls fan or something.
Old 12-17-2006   #16
Texan1
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post
Grid,

There is just allot of fan frustration surrounding high visibility decisions made in the last few drafts. McNair made a large finical commitment to the NFL, but with an expectation of future return. Many fans are making a large financial commitment, relatively speaking, and also want to see a return. The are both in the same boat and that is why even McNair has admitted to being frustrated himself.

That is all this is, and as the team improves under Kubes – things will turn around.

It is just bad timing that the team is in a rebuilding period and team is also faced with the VY\RB\Mario scenario. They’ll just have to weather the storm – but I don’t feel sorry for them or lose sleep over it… they are in a good position and will just have to weather the storm…
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #17
A Texan
Veteran

I don't pay much attention to anything they say on HPF, a site I have no use for. I'd almost forgot they exist. Their soapbox editorializing reminds me of a certain former TV sports guy that was eventually fired named Dan Patrick.
A Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #18
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

"I know you hit harder than two Hispanic women fighting in a club parking lot on a Friday night at 2:06 AM, but if I see Drew Whiteguy get behind you even once next year, I’m having the NAACP revoke your black card."
This Sweeney guy sounds like a relic from the pre-PC days.
I dunno, but its kinda nostalgic to hear some old-time Archie Bunker-speak.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006   #19
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Quote:
I'm willing to take that chance.
Old 12-17-2006   #20
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
Quoting Ric Weeney...I mean Sweeney:
And finally, Houston Texans Fans
If the vast majority of you do get your wish, and Carr is leading the Denver Wildcats to an Arena Bowl Championship next year, then you better stop being a bunch of whiney, insufferable females at that certain time of the month.

Gee Ric, I'm sorry I offended you......but you can take your "wild-ass opinion" and stick it where the sun don't shine. Go be a Cowgirls fan or something.
I think you just made his point
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read