Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2006   #1
PatriotPower
Rookie

Default Your Texans have a shot. My Patriots are banged up.

Ben Watson, Vince Wilfork and Laurence Maroney didn't practice much this week. I wouldn't be surprised if all three don't play on Sunday. Ben and Vince are least likely to play.

My Pats are also missing 2 of their 4 starters in the secondary and Ellis Hobbs won't see much action because he hasn't been playing well. I'm expecting Andre to get at least 8 receptions for 120 yards and a TD.

And you obviously know the Patriots have very little talent at WR.

It should be a close game, maybe even similar to the last time NE played the Texans.
PatriotPower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #2
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 657 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Your Texans have a shot. My Patriots are banged up.

It doesn't matter. The Texans have been a get-well pill for everyone but Oakland. Our patented Gulf Coast Offense is re-writing the record books on the horizontal attack, having barely put up 200 yards against the worst defense in the league last week. The Texans offense will be hard pressed to score twice, and the defense and/or special teams will have to score at least once in order for it to be relatively close. Yes, we suck.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #3
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 411 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
It doesn't matter. The Texans have been a get-well pill for everyone but Oakland. Our patented Gulf Coast Offense is re-writing the record books on the horizontal attack, having barely put up 200 yards against the worst defense in the league last week. The Texans offense will be hard pressed to score twice, and the defense and/or special teams will have to score at least once in order for it to be relatively close. Yes, we suck.
Their pass rush looked pretty good to me.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #4
TheIronDuke
In BOB I Trust

Rep Power: 74437 TheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respectedTheIronDuke is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatriotPower View Post
Ben Watson, Vince Wilfork and Laurence Maroney didn't practice much this week. I wouldn't be surprised if all three don't play on Sunday. Ben and Vince are least likely to play.

My Pats are also missing 2 of their 4 starters in the secondary and Ellis Hobbs won't see much action because he hasn't been playing well. I'm expecting Andre to get at least 8 receptions for 120 yards and a TD.

It should be a close game, maybe even similar to the last time NE played the Texans.
Don't worry, the Texans have had plenty of injuries ourselves which wiped out our entire O-line save Chester Pitts and the D-line too. Our secondary would be backups for most NFL teams and if Andre gets 8 receptions, then that would only probably net about 56 yards total for him, 46 of them being YAC.

You have very little talent at WR, we have very very very little talent in the entire team. I wouldn't look for too close of a game, the Texans have won two road games in the last 2 years, I highly doubt they will make it 3. Either way, get ready for the most boring opposing offense you've ever seen.
TheIronDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #5
TexanFan881
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1791 TexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanFan881 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TexanFan881

We played a pretty good game last week and I expect to see a close game again this week. Our defense has finally been forcing turnovers and is becoming the strong point of our team (I definately wasn't expecting that going into this year). Hopefully this week will be an injury free week and this would be a huge win for us if we could pull it out.
Old 12-16-2006   #6
Sportsfan
All Pro

Whats with all the promotion for C. Taylor, TF881?
Not being a smartass, just wondering if your a family member of his or maybe a friend.
By the way, i'm hoping to see him get on the field too in these last 3 weeks.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #7
NEROtheZERO
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 NEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballotNEROtheZERO is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by aj. View Post
Wow.

I'm all for objectivity but there is a point where pecimism overtakes reality. We're not a good team, true, but we're not as bad as you've lead yourself to believe. We match up relatively well against NE. Our weakness on defense is our secondary and their weakness on offense is their recievers, so they don't necessarilly have an edge on us there. If we can minimize turnovers and get a consistent running game I think this game could be fairly close and us winning isn't out of the realm of possibility.
NEROtheZERO is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2006   #8
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 11679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
Their pass rush looked pretty good to me.
anybody can bull rush us and succeed every single time
Old 12-16-2006   #9
dantem
Veteran

Sorry for the attitudes of some of our posters, There are a lot of people here still crying over the draft, and their dislike for our QB.

You never know wich of our teams will show up, We seem to have two offenses, a pass and a run, but they dont usually show up for the same game.

You probably won't beat our current defense with the run game, but if you can throw deep, we have a special unit back there that seems to get a commission for each tackle made AFTER the catch. Any way I expect a close game now that you guys have caught the same injury virus we have had all year.

Good luck...
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #10
Charter PSL Fan
Rookie

Quote:

Are you making excuses already?
Old 12-16-2006   #11
PatriotPower
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandwagon View Post
Either way, get ready for the most boring opposing offense you've ever seen.
How's Ron Dayne's health? He usually played pretty good against New England's 3-4. However, NE played mostly a 4-3 last week against Miami.

With Wilfork hurting, I'm not sure which defensive scheme Belichick will employ.

Every team worries me because NE has plenty of weaknesses.
Old 12-16-2006   #12
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1698 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
How's Ron Dayne's health? He usually played pretty good against New England's 3-4. However, NE played mostly a 4-3 last week against Miami.

With Wilfork hurting, I'm not sure which defensive scheme Belichick will employ.

Every team worries me because NE has plenty of weaknesses.
Ron Dayne is healthier than he's been all year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #13
PatriotPower
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charter PSL Fan View Post
Are you making excuses already?
Excuses? Please. I readily admitted the Patriots aren't very good at WR. That's not an excuse, that's a Patriots flaw.

I now hope our crappy, no-name WR's burn your secondary after that comment.
Old 12-16-2006   #14
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Excuses? Please. I readily admitted the Patriots aren't very good at WR. That's not an excuse, that's a Patriots flaw.

I now hope our crappy, no-name WR's burn your secondary after that comment.
Our secondary is a pretty big flaw. They've been burned by crappy, no-name WR's all season.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #15
PatriotPower
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Our secondary is a pretty big flaw. They've been burned by crappy, no-name WR's all season.
Interesting....Maybe even a no-name like Jabar Gaffney will have a career game against his former team?

How many receptions do you think Jabar will get?
Old 12-16-2006   #16
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 43 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

You call that banged up? Our Top 3 TEs (Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe, Bo Scaife) are out for the year. We had to bring up practice squaders.
Old 12-16-2006   #17
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

join the club of injuries

Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #18
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

No we don't and so do we.
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #19
PatriotPower
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
You call that banged up? Our Top 3 TEs (Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe, Bo Scaife) are out for the year. We had to bring up practice squaders.
Who the hell are Erron Kinney, Ben Troupe and Bo Scaife?
Old 12-16-2006   #20
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 67576 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Kinney at TE
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read