Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2006   #1
Superstar
Rookie

Talking Mcnair and his passion

I think personally the reason why he does not want to let go of Carr is because of that Carr was the first one chosen in the draft. It has sentimental value to him. Its kinda like owning your first car and not want to let go of it because it was your first car. Its broken and you just want to make all the repair necessary to get that thing running. But in the end it still just wont start for you. Mcnair needs to let it go and move on ahead to better his team.
Superstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #2
Texian
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 48657 Texian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respectedTexian is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mcnair and his passion

No pun intended?
Texian is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #3
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
I think personally the reason why he does not want to let go of Carr is because of that Carr was the first one chosen in the draft. It has sentimental value to him. Its kinda like owning your first car and not want to let go of it because it was your first car. Its broken and you just want to make all the repair necessary to get that thing running. But in the end it still just wont start for you. Mcnair needs to let it go and move on ahead to better his team.
how many threads are you going to start complaining about the same thing? start one and ask the mods to lock it to where only you can come in and complain. at least we know to stay away then.
Old 12-16-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirty steve View Post
how many threads are you going to start complaining about the same thing? start one and ask the mods to lock it to where only you can come in and complain. at least we know to stay away then.
cry more please
Old 12-16-2006   #5
lance2112
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
cry more please
Look who's talking
lance2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance2112 View Post
Look who's talking
I would expect more from a fellow Rush fan....congrats on your 4th post though
Old 12-16-2006   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 99691 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think thats why at all... He is a business man, first and foremost. If he was so sentimental about things, he would have never sold Cogen.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2006   #8
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
When you say ... It ... I don't think thats the ... it ... we've talked about .
Old 12-16-2006   #9
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144668 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

When you say let it go ... well whats he holding ?
Old 12-16-2006   #10
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I am sorry but that is dumb, not you just what your whole thread is about,lets talk X's and O's, not old Carr, wont start crap.

Want to throw down with some reall stuff then lets go , but this makes no sense.
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #11
Heywood
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I don't think thats why at all... He is a business man, first and foremost. If he was so sentimental about things, he would have never sold Cogen.
he scammed the enron shareholders so badly there, with his buddy ken lay's help, it would overpower anything.
Heywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #12
gg no re
iggnorent

Rep Power: 28360 gg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respectedgg no re is a quality contributor and well respected

In regards to a car that you're trying to fix and it just won't run, why won't replacement parts get the thing running?

I mean, cars don't seem like a complex thing. I'm not that well-versed in cars, but I'm pretty sure that if a car ain't working, you could probably replace something in the car to get it to work.

Yeah, if the tires on the car keep going flat, and you keep inflating it, and the tires still go flat, you probably won't be buying a new car. You'll be replacing the tires with new tires, and you just saved yourself a lot of money by not buying a new car to replace what was a non-functional car.

If you've ever watched Home Improvement, I'm sure you've seen Tim Taylor struggle to get his self-made car to work, but did he do his growl and throw the car away? No, he used more power, and got the car to work. Yes, he got rid of that car eventually, but it wasn't because it didn't work, it was because the show needed a new subplot to focus on over the course of the season, and working on a new car worked wonders.

I'll also gladly refer you to the live-action movie Initial D. When the engine in Takumi Fujiwara's AE86 blows out, did he throw away his car? No, he didn't, because his father owned it. But did his father throw it away? No, his father replaced the engine with a newer, better engine, and Takumi was back to racing in his newly-functional AE86.

The point? I don't think there is a car out there that can't be fixed with replacement parts, or does Eli Whitney's theory of interchangeable parts sound too far out for you? I don't even want to bring up Henry Ford's assembly line if you don't believe in interchangeable parts.
gg no re is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #13
Hottoddie
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 21460 Hottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respectedHottoddie is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
It's my first new topic thread on here Mr. Dumas. I was speaking about Mcnair not Carr. So technically it is different. I knew if I started a thread I would get thrashed by people like you. You people just can't handle the truth!
I'm tired of reading crap like this. So, congratulations, you just made my Ignore List.

The Texan Bull Rush
Welcome to "Sack City, USA"!
Hottoddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #14
dirty steve
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 dirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVPdirty steve was voted MVP
Send a message via Yahoo to dirty steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk75 View Post
I am sorry but that is dumb, not you just what your whole thread is about,lets talk X's and O's, not old Carr, wont start crap.

Want to throw down with some reall stuff then lets go , but this makes no sense.
couldnt have said it better.
Old 12-16-2006   #15
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
When you say ... It ... I don't think thats the ... it ... we've talked about .
"it" is on

so they say
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #16
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 225674 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
cry more please
Now that's rich coming from you man.
Old 12-16-2006   #17
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
I would expect more from a fellow Rush fan....congrats on your 4th post though

Rush rules!!!

Dream Theater as well!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #18
Texans_Chick
Utopian Dreamer

Rep Power: 64177 Texans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respectedTexans_Chick is a quality contributor and well respected

If you've heard Bob McNair speak much, you can completely tell how much he wants to win. He wants to win, even if what he thinks will help him win is wildly unpopular.

I really believe that he believed that Carr gave you a chance to win faster than if you were developing Vince Young as your quarterback.

I think a lot of that belief came from the thought that getting Mike Sherman as your offensive line coach meant you would have a better offensive line for run and pass blocking. And it came from the belief that you could plug any back into the system, no matter whether you had the pieces on the line, and the back would succeed.

Texans had to panic mode early because the running game that worked in the pre-season non-worked at the beginning of the regular season. And then Spencer goes down to injury second game. And other bad stuff, and so on and so on.

Hindsight easy, foresight hard. I was at the draft party hearing people freaking out that the Texans took linebacker with their second pick and not o-line. Some stuff works, some stuff non-works. Some stuff is skill and foresight, and some stuff is luck, good, bad and otherwise. You can make your own luck sometimes, but sometimes you have to just pray.
Old 12-17-2006   #19
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 13416 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

do you think mcnair regrets his statements yet?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read