Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2006   #1
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Anyone else like the Texans EVEN MORE??

You know....obviously, emotionally, last weeks loss was probably the worst in franchise history. I see ALOT of people jumping ship on our Texans.

This loss had an opposite effect on me. I think that loss made me want to stick up for my team EVEN MORE.

It's like watching your little brother get beat up. You want nothing more than to protect that little brother and you will stand by them for whatever it takes.

All I know is that today, I know for sure more than anytime, my blood is Battle Red. Anyone else find themselves caring about this team even more?

I also love the new rivalry. Now there is some real history to go on for our Texans Titans game from now on...makes the game that much more exciting.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #2
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Anyone else like the Texans EVEN MORE??

I hear you and feel the same way...

Although, I think the worst loss was to Cleveland at the end of the 2004 season. Thats when everything spiraled out of control... That chance to go 8-8 in our 3rd season and to lose, in that fashion (heads handed to us)resulted in last season going 2-14, and things drastically deteriorating from there....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #3
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

...if you're so 'euphoric' now, just think how you'll be when we actually win...hope you're able to handle it...good luck

...me,personally? I'm tired of posters that expect me to be satisfied losing. We are no longer an expansion team...just keeping the score close, so we can lose is not my idea of a team that I dream about...

It's not that we can't win many more games--instead, we are on our 2nd HC that finds personal satisfaction in just being 'in' the game--ala 'coaching not to lose....'

...for me, I find 'no comfort' in a coach that won't try 'things' because he doesn't believe they'll work...how can you build a persons confidence when you won't challenge them and give them the 'experience' they need....to succeed...and,look, if they can not do it--show them the door and get someone who can....
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
You know....obviously, emotionally, last weeks loss was probably the worst in franchise history. I see ALOT of people jumping ship on our Texans.

This loss had an opposite effect on me. I think that loss made me want to stick up for my team EVEN MORE.

It's like watching your little brother get beat up. You want nothing more than to protect that little brother and you will stand by them for whatever it takes.

All I know is that today, I know for sure more than anytime, my blood is Battle Red. Anyone else find themselves caring about this team even more?

I also love the new rivalry. Now there is some real history to go on for our Texans Titans game from now on...makes the game that much more exciting.

Translation: I am a loser.
Old 12-16-2006   #5
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

There is passion involved with being a football fanatic. We are all human, so we can not escape it to some degree or another. Fans have an emotional investment in a team, so their moods and attitudes go as the team goes.

When we win, it's euphoric and happyland. Lose, and it brings out the negativity. As long as this emotional roller coaster ride doesn't kill love the for team, then we can keep renewing our hope with every new season. It's just part of being a fan.
Old 12-16-2006   #6
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
simple, but funny...and to answer the question...No......it's almost been a week since "the run" and I'm still disgusted at the way this team has been ran.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
...if you're so 'euphoric' now, just think how you'll be when we actually win...hope you're able to handle it...good luck

...me,personally? I'm tired of posters that expect me to be satisfied losing. We are no longer an expansion team...just keeping the score close, so we can lose is not my idea of a team that I dream about...

It's not that we can't win many more games--instead, we are on our 2nd HC that finds personal satisfaction in just being 'in' the game--ala 'coaching not to lose....'

...for me, I find 'no comfort' in a coach that won't try 'things' because he doesn't believe they'll work...how can you build a persons confidence when you won't challenge them and give them the 'experience' they need....to succeed...and,look, if they can not do it--show them the door and get someone who can....
Don't recall reading anyone saying that the were satisified from losing and it would be ludicrous to do so... However, when it does turn around it will be that much sweeter for those of us that voice our opinions when dis-satisfied, but also support OUR team here in HOUSTOn, especially after going through 7 miserable years without team... So eat sour grapes now, if you must. I just hope there is room for you when you decide to jump on the bandwagon...
Sponsored links
Old 12-16-2006   #8
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
Nice one. I was thinking the same thing. I remember how horrible Mark Malone was when he played for the Steelers. He used to come off the field after an interception with a smile on his face. Show me someone who is ok with losing and I'll show you a loser.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #9
tsip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13 tsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVPtsip was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Don't recall reading anyone saying that the were satisified from losing and it would be ludicrous to do so... However, when it does turn around it will be that much sweeter for those of us that voice our opinions when dis-satisfied, but also support OUR team here in HOUSTOn, especially after going through 7 miserable years without team... So eat sour grapes now, if you must. I just hope there is room for you when you decide to jump on the bandwagon...

...reading comprehension is not one of your strong points...saying what other posters did not say is...
tsip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #10
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post

i understand what you're talking about, team pride, loyalty, etc. but no. no, i'm angry at the texans. the way we lost sucks and is inexcusable.
Old 12-16-2006   #11
phan1
All Pro

Losing does not make me love my team more... But winning does not make me love my team more either. I will ALWAYS be a Houston Texan through and through, whether we're winning or losing. Winning nor losing changes my loyalty as a Houston texans fan.

But that being said, am I completely miserable that we aren't winning games. My Sunday is mostly spent on 1) watching the Houston Texans and 2) trying to sleep off the sick feeling in my stomache every time we lose a game.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #12
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
2) trying to sleep off the sick feeling in my stomache every time we lose a game.
I hope you have the Pepto Bismol ready for tomorrow's game.
Old 12-16-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dream View Post
don't laugh at me, but i think we have a chance to squeak this one past the patriots.

okay. go ahead and laugh.
Old 12-16-2006   #14
Hookem Horns
That Server Guy

Rep Power: 85968 Hookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respectedHookem Horns is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Guess I am lucky since I now live in Austin, Tennessee. I won't be subjected to the next Texans debacle.
Hookem Horns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #15
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsip View Post
...reading comprehension is not one of your strong points...saying what other posters did not say is...
Example please.... Because if I am wrong about something I will 'fess up... so exactly what are you talking about??
Old 12-16-2006   #16
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Guess I am lucky since I now live in Austin, Tennessee. I won't be subjected to the next Texans debacle
count your blessings.
Old 12-16-2006   #17
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

People seem to forget how unbelievably horrible we were last year. 2-14 people...
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
People seem to forget how unbelievably horrible we were last year. 2-14 people...
Sorry there... we needed to go from 2-14 to 14-2 this year.... j/k
Old 12-16-2006   #19
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Quote:
we're not much better this season.
Old 12-16-2006   #20
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
we're not much better this season.
Of course we are. We actually beat a successful team this year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read