Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-16-2006   #1
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default bad homer

I wasn’t always a homer. I mean, I wasn’t born one, right? But somewhere along the way I crossed that line in the sand.

When was that?

Was it at the East Long Beach Boys Club, where we could play sanctioned tackle football with no pads against those chumps from West or the thugs from North?

Was it in High School, rooting for Poly High because I lived in that section of Long Beach during those years and that was the only sane thing to do?

I know it wasn’t USC because O.J. was long gone. There was no glove, therefore no love.

Maybe it was Fresno State.

When I moved from Long Beach to Fresno I kept my heart back home with the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, USC and of course, Long Beach Poly High. Yessir you betcha. The Rams left after I did, but I was stranded in Fresno a long ways away (for those of you who don’t live in Texas) from any NFL team. I stayed a Rams fan because I left before they did but it wasn’t the same - I couldn’t go actually watch the games, which is by far the best way to see a game, replay be damned.

It’s just not the same. I was basically homeless.

Then of course the Rams won the Super Bowl, which was great fun because we broke the thumbtack’s hearts real bad at the end there. HaHaHa.

But it just wasn’t the same.

Anyway, back to the story. Turns out, Fresno State football turns out to be great fun. I go to home games regularly and I see all these future NFL stars play football, and some even from Fresno State.

I’m talking guys like Henry Ellard and Stephone Paige and Michael Pittman.

I’m talking Lorenzo Neal. I’ve never seen a scarier football player in my life. I don’t care how big you are. Hint for you fantasy league guys – draft whoever Lorenzo is blocking for.

When Big Lo went pro I paid attention to him but didn’t become a fan of his team just because he played for them. I stayed home. I’m not a former thumbtack’s fan because of Volek or a Bears fan on account of Berrian. I loved watching Logan Mankins pancake DE’s for four years but still can’t respect the Pats on account of what da Bears put on them in ’86. In fact I think I hate them. They’re gettin’ a little too uppity lately.

I saw Marshall Faulk get held under 100 yards rushing (barely) but catch 200+ yards receiving with two long TD’s in a blowout with the Bulldogs winning 63-35 or so. Faulk’s from San Diego, my adopted hometown. Didn’t make me a Colt’s fan.

David Carr tore it up during his years at Fresno State and got drafted #1. That didn’t make me a Texans fan.

Houston made me a Texans fan.

Houston with your five years of empty sorrow.
Houston with your shiny new football team in Red White and Blue.
Houston gettin’ whupped real bad-like.
Houston with your banner still raised.
I understand.
I empathize.
I am with you.

I am homer.

Bad from cali

Vince Lombardi

Last edited by bad; 12-16-2006 at 04:38 AM.
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #2
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: bad homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post
I wasnít always a homer. I mean, I wasnít born one, right? But somewhere along the way I crossed that line in the sand.

When was that?

Was it at the East Long Beach Boys Club, where we could play sanctioned tackle football with no pads against those chumps from West or the thugs from North?

Was it in High School, rooting for Poly High because I lived in that section of Long Beach during those years and that was the only sane thing to do?

I know it wasnít USC because O.J. was long gone. There was no glove, therefore no love.

When I moved from Long Beach to Fresno I kept my heart back home with the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, USC and of course, Long Beach Poly High. Yessir you betcha. The Rams left after I did, but I was stranded in Fresno a long ways away (for those of you who donít live in Texas) from any NFL team. I stayed a Rams fan because I left before they did but it wasnít the same - I couldnít go actually watch the games, which is by far the best way to see a game, replay be damned.

Itís just not the same. I was basically homeless.

Then of course the Rams won the Super Bowl, which was great fun because we broke the thumbtackís hearts real bad at the end there. HaHaHa.

But it just wasnít the same.

Anyway, back to the story. Turns out, Fresno State football turns out to be great fun. I go to home games regularly and I see all these future NFL stars play football, and some even from Fresno State.

Iím talking guys like Henry Ellard and Stephone Paige and Michael Pittman.

Iím talking Lorenzo Neal. Iíve never seen a scarier football player in my life. I donít care how big you are. Hint for you fantasy league guys Ė draft whoever Lorenzo is blocking for.

When Big Lo went pro I paid attention to him but didnít become a fan of his team just because he played for them. I stayed home. Iím not a former thumbtackís fan because of Volek or a Bears fan on account of Berrian. I loved watching Logan Mankins pancake DEís for four years but still canít respect the Pats on account of what da Bears put on them in í86. In fact I think I hate them. Theyíre gettiní a little too uppity lately.

I saw Marshall Faulk get held under 100 yards rushing (barely) but catch 200+ yards receiving with two long TDís in a blowout with the Bulldogs winning 63-35 or so. Faulkís from San Diego, my adopted hometown. Didnít make me a Coltís fan.

David Carr tore it up during his years at Fresno State and got drafted #1. That didnít make me a Texans fan.

Houston gettiní whupped real bad-like.
I understand.
I empathize.
I am with you.

I am homer.

Bad from cali
Being a Homer is not a bad thing. Its something I myself am rather proud of.

Although it does make Monday mornings hurt a little more.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #3
Texanfan4ever
All Pro

Rep Power: 77 Texanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanfan4ever is a quality contributor and well respected

Me too! I AM A HOMER AND PROUD OF IT!!!

I just wrote this business named www.truetotexas.com an email concerning his sign on the side of Katy Freeway that I have to look at everyday. It says "David Carr is driving Houston to the bottom".

I nicely tried to tell him what a classless jerk I think he is. Haha! Made me feel better.

So if you are inclined, send him some emails. I'm sure he would love them.

I am a TRUE homer.

Last edited by Texanfan4ever; 12-16-2006 at 11:00 AM.
Texanfan4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad View Post
I wasnít always a homer. I mean, I wasnít born one, right? But somewhere along the way I crossed that line in the sand.

When was that?

I know it wasnít USC because O.J. was long gone. There was no glove, therefore no love.

When I moved from Long Beach to Fresno I kept my heart back home with the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, USC and of course, Long Beach Poly High. Yessir you betcha. The Rams left after I did, but I was stranded in Fresno a long ways away (for those of you who donít live in Texas) from any NFL team. I stayed a Rams fan because I left before they did but it wasnít the same - I couldnít go actually watch the games, which is by far the best way to see a game, replay be damned.

Itís just not the same. I was basically homeless.

Then of course the Rams won the Super Bowl, which was great fun because we broke the thumbtackís hearts real bad at the end there. HaHaHa.

But it just wasnít the same.

Iím talking guys like Henry Ellard and Stephone Paige and Michael Pittman.

Iím talking Lorenzo Neal. Iíve never seen a scarier football player in my life. I donít care how big you are. Hint for you fantasy league guys Ė draft whoever Lorenzo is blocking for.

When Big Lo went pro I paid attention to him but didnít become a fan of his team just because he played for them. I stayed home. Iím not a former thumbtackís fan because of Volek or a Bears fan on account of Berrian. I loved watching Logan Mankins pancake DEís for four years but still canít respect the Pats on account of what da Bears put on them in í86. In fact I think I hate them. Theyíre gettiní a little too uppity lately.

I saw Marshall Faulk get held under 100 yards rushing (barely) but catch 200+ yards receiving with two long TDís in a blowout with the Bulldogs winning 63-35 or so. Faulkís from San Diego, my adopted hometown. Didnít make me a Coltís fan.

David Carr tore it up during his years at Fresno State and got drafted #1. That didnít make me a Texans fan.

Houston gettiní whupped real bad-like.
I understand.
I empathize.
I am with you.

I am homer.

Bad from cali

ummmm, ok......well just to let you know, we dont care about Fresno State and we dont care about California. Once Carr is gone you can stop being a homer/fan of our team and start following Beach Volleyball, Water Polo, or whatever you Californias confuse for sport.

we dont need fans like you at this time.....blind puppy dog love for Carr is an affliction
Old 12-16-2006   #5
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 65244 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

2nd honeymoon, I think the poster is saying at the end of his post that Carr didn't make him a Texans fan, Houston did.

bad - interesting post. Glad to have you aboard during the bad times.
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #6
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanfan4ever View Post
Me too! I AM A HOMER AND PROUD OF IT!!!

I just wrote this business named www.truetotexas.com an email concerning his sign on the side of Katy Freeway that I have to look at everyday. It says "David Carr is driving Houston to the bottom".

I nicely tried to tell him what a classless jerk I think he is. Haha! Made me feel better.

So if you are inclined, send him some emails. I'm sure he would love them.

I am a TRUE homer.

Yeah, a businessman is telling the truth and he is a classless jerk to you. continue supporting bad football players and continue to show that 'Real American' attitude and attempt to censor him for telling the truth.

sometimes the truth is ugly and this truth is beyond ugly....oh and yes you are a true homer...not exactly something to be proud about
Old 12-16-2006   #7
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post
2nd honeymoon, I think the poster is saying at the end of his post that Carr didn't make him a Texans fan, Houston did.

he can attempt to romanticize it all he wants. he is on this board because his little boy David happens to be piloting this franchise...and flying it straight into the ground...
Old 12-16-2006   #8
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
he can attempt to romanticize it all he wants. he is on this board because his little boy David happens to be piloting this franchise...and flying it straight into the ground...
Did you read his sig? Did you read his post? He is linked to the team - not DC... So quit allowing your blind hatred for Carr affect your comprehension of someone's post...
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #9
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
ummmm, ok......well just to let you know, we dont care about Fresno State and we dont care about California. Once Carr is gone you can stop being a homer/fan of our team and start following Beach Volleyball, Water Polo, or whatever you Californias confuse for sport.

we dont need fans like you at this time.....blind puppy dog love for Carr is an affliction
He didn't say he was a homer b/c of Carr smart guy. He said he was a fan b/c even though we have sucked for so long we are still here fighting and cheering.

Take your hater glasses off for a second and realize someone outside of Texas was paying us a compliment.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #10
aj.
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 658 aj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respectedaj. is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

we dont need fans like you at this time.....
Who's "we?" You and your Carr voodoo doll?

Try counting to 10 ... or maybe even 100, before responding next time. It gets real old.
aj. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #11
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by A4toZ View Post

Thank you.

I wrote this post as an ode to Houston, a clarification of what I consider to be a "homer" and as a suggestion that it really doesn't need to have anything to do with "home".

Second Honeymoon, you're entitled to your opinion and even your anger. But you don't know me so what say we just wait until Carr is gone and both the franchise and myself remain.

Take a deep breath and count to ten.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #12
Ryan
THIS YEAR

Section: Section 135, Row F
Rep Power: 27679 Ryan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respectedRyan is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Ryan

no matter how bad the texans suck..i root for them!

i guess that makes me a homer
Ryan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #13
texflex513
All Pro

mmmmmmmm chocolate

TEXANS4LIFE!!!
texflex513 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read