Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 99659 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Default FO:Texans offensive line shuffle

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/200...eep-zone/4658/

Quote:
Houston Texans
Lines Used: 6
Players Used: 8
Most Weeks With Same Line: 4
Rookie Charles Spencer started the season at left tackle but broke his leg in Week 2. “If you asked me what the biggest disappointment is I would tell you that it’s the fact that Spencer doesn’t have 500 plays under his belt at left tackle,” coach Gary Kubiak said in November. “I think he’s going to be a great player.” Rookie Eric Winston (a third-round pick like Spencer) has been starting at right tackle since Zach Wiegert suffered a knee injury in Week 10. Kubiak is high on Winston, but the youngster had an awful game against the Raiders.
us Cincy,arizona, detroit have shuffled 6 times.
Wolf is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: FO:Texans offensive line shuffle

Interesting (two) posts Wolf
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #3
Insideop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 11503 Insideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respectedInsideop is a quality contributor and well respected

Wolf, I'm glad you found this and posted it. It pretty much shows (at least in my mind) what the major problem with this offense is. I only hope that it will be addressed in the offseason through the draft and possibly FA. My preference though is to draft a LT in the 1st round (Joe Thomas if he's still there) and a C in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I'd love to see an O-line that looked something like this:
LT- Joe Thomas (Wisconsin)
LG- Pitts
C- Kyle Young (Fresno St.)
RG- Weary
RT- Spencer or Winston if Spencer is not ready

Winston and Salaam can be the backup tackles. Flanagan (if he comes back) can be the backup center. McKinney can be the backup guard.

A line this young, and baring injuries, could be together for awhile and help stabilize the offense. It just seems like we've been having the same problem (a patchwork line) year after year. I know this wouldn't be the "sexy" pick in the draft and Kubes would probably get alot of criticism (like he's not use to that), but I really believe it would be the right way to go. As proof, look at the Jets on Wolf's thread. They had two 1st round picks last year and all I heard from fans and media was they needed to get a QB and a RB. I don't think their fans are complaining as much now about those 2 picks they got. JMHO!
Insideop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #4
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 142 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Thanks for the post wolf. Ineresting.

Unless Denny Green has a brain fart....Thomas is a pipe dream. I like your line up though. And your thinking. The only reason I move Spencer is because I'm not sure of the broken leg. But I like the line up. It's not all day. But it works.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #5
Maddict5
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 5500 Maddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respectedMaddict5 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
Thanks for the post wolf. Ineresting.

Unless Denny Green has a brain fart....Thomas is a pipe dream. I like your line up though. And your thinking. The only reason I move Spencer is because I'm not sure of the broken leg. But I like the line up. It's not all day. But it works.
not saying we'll take him but......

AZ is 4-9 aswell and has been playing well and winning the last few weeks- its very likely we'll be picking before them
Maddict5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #6
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insideop View Post
I'd love to see an O-line that looked something like this:
LT- Joe Thomas (Wisconsin)
LG- Pitts
C- Kyle Young (Fresno St.)
RG- Weary
RT- Spencer or Winston if Spencer is not ready

Winston and Salaam can be the backup tackles. Flanagan (if he comes back) can be the backup center. McKinney can be the backup guard.
OK, I like the line up, but.....
I think Arizona will take Joe Thomas, which means Leonard Davis will be what, a back up? He makes a lot of money to be a back up. So I am not sure what will happen to Leonard. *I think he'd look good in a Texans uniform but not many people agree with me.
Chester - Solid as a rock.
Kyle Young - Would be my first choice for center also but I have been told on this board that he is not the versitile sort of player Kubiak wants.....He looks like a plow to me and I think that is what the Texans need on their line.
Fred - He will do.
Charles - I look forward to seeing him in the future. I like his hard nosed play (at least, what I saw of it) and I think he will be around for a long time.
Old 12-16-2006   #7
NJTexanFan
Rookie

I would love to see the day the Texans have a good line once that happens we will be pretty much unstoppable
NJTexanFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read