Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2006   #1
TexanSoldier
Rookie

Question This Offense improves Carr's trade stock

This thread isn't about ripping David Carr, I'm looking for a different angle on why the Texans run the offense they do because I can't figure it out.

We've all complained about the "East/West" offense the Texans have degenerated too, and most seem to think Carr's 69.whocares% completion percentage is just fluff.

IF the Texans are going to shop Carr what would a team offer for the "most accurate passer in the NFL" who happens to be stuck on a terrible team?

For some reason I think that we're going to keep throwing the short bs just to keep David's completion numbers high so we can sell him to another team's GM just like Kubiak got sold on him. I just don't think Kubiak's idea of an offense is in anyway comparable to what we're seeing on the field. Or is our team really so inept that they can't complete a 10 yard pass or run a shotgun offense?
TexanSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #2
dantem
Veteran

Default Re: This Offense improves Carr's trade stock

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSoldier View Post
I'm looking for a different angle on why the Texans run the offense they do because I can't figure it out.
They run the offense this way because the O-Line can barely protect against a 4 man d-Line, and even with 4 rushing the passer, Car has very little time to get rid of the Ball. Kubiak has adjusted the playbook, to do the only thing he is left with...

Run the ball

Make short passes, that Carr can get off before the 3 seconds he has to find a reciever.

I saw a play this year where a 3 man defensive rush beat our linemen and a fullback and sacked Carr within 5 seconds (I counted them on the Tivo replay) That is a situation where it would be foolish to try long passes, especially considering that it leaves 2 defenders covering each reciever.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #3
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

When your O-Line is ravaged by injuries, you have bad depth to start, lack a true #1 rb, and your QB has been beaten since day one.... yeah, our offense is THAT inept.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #4
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Question:
If David Carr is as bad as he made out to be on this board, why would any team trade for him, especially with his contract?

If he's better than he is given credit for, why would the Texans trade him?

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #5
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Question:
If David Carr is as bad as he made out to be on this board, why would any team trade for him, especially with his contract?

If he's better than he is given credit for, why would the Texans trade him?

Damned if you do, Damned if you don't!

The negativity has gotten to an all time high, even the sports broadcasters are regurgitating the same negativity I read in the Chronicle and on this board.

The negativism of some of the fan base seems to be doing the job, that's the reason you have trouble going to work as a fan of the Texan's.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #6
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 427 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Just hold on the wave of HATE will be gone very soon, so those of you who still support the man keep the faith!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #7
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Funny part is, I have never even stated whether or not I like Carr or if I think he is the right guy. I am open minded enough to know that "most" any other QB in the league wouldn't have a better season than Carr has with this offense. I am also open-minded enough to realize the first 4 years mean nothing given what the Offense was and who the staff was. I don't see any reason not to start Carr next season as long as the team either drafts a QB or picks up a journeyman to at least push him in TC. I like the fact that (despite some people's opinion on this board) that Kubiak doesn't coddle him and I thought the benching in Tennessee was a good thing earlier this season.
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-15-2006   #8
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
Funny part is, I have never even stated whether or not I like Carr or if I think he is the right guy. I am open minded enough to know that "most" any other QB in the league wouldn't have a better season than Carr has with this offense. I am also open-minded enough to realize the first 4 years mean nothing given what the Offense was and who the staff was. I don't see any reason not to start Carr next season as long as the team either drafts a QB or picks up a journeyman to at least push him in TC. I like the fact that (despite some people's opinion on this board) that Kubiak doesn't coddle him and I thought the benching in Tennessee was a good thing earlier this season.

TB,

I have no problem with your opinions I agree with a great many of them, I just wanted you to know that my response on your prior post was directed at the MB in general and not for any comment that you have made.
Old 12-15-2006   #9
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Honestly, Kubiak is the supposingly coach of David...nobody is questioning him and why Carr refuses to look downfield. Are we blaming or pointing in the wrong direction? Don't know! I just see a scared puppy back there...where just getting the ball off is a success in itself.
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #10
edo783
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 4641 edo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respectededo783 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexanSoldier View Post
Or is our team really so inept that they can't complete a 10 yard pass or run a shotgun offense?
Yes.

De Oppresso Liber
edo783 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read