Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-15-2006   #1
Luv_ya_blue
1%er

Rep Power: 21296 Luv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respectedLuv_ya_blue is a quality contributor and well respected
Unhappy TOTAL "Conspiracy Theory" about the O-Line... [:-o>

I hope I don't get flamed for this one...

I was just wondering how much you guys think that the O-line would be "tempted" to play down a little, to get rid of Carr?

I've heard several of you mention that there's a good chance the players in the locker room are upset with this season...

Just a thought...don't get bent.

Special Thanks to False Start for the awesome sig! U Rock!
Luv_ya_blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: TOTAL "Conspiracy Theory" about the O-Line... [:-o>

wouldn't agree or disagree, but it would be a possibility

but i think that mature adults have more pride then that, so that makes me doubt it
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #3
real

I seriously doubt they'd intentionally play down, for the simple fact that they'd be jepeordizing their own jobs...
Old 12-15-2006   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Everything they do is on film. Future employers watch that film to determine if they should sign a given player and if so, how much he should be paid. So, when it comes to jeopardizing their career and/or paychecks, I think they are out there busting their butts.

Kind of like Kris Brown missing that FG last year - he really is just that bad.
Old 12-15-2006   #5
Rightnow
Veteran

No way does the line "play down" to get rid of Carr. If they want him gone they will just cut/trade him at the end of this season no matter what Bob McNair is saying right now. Subterfuge is not needed.
Old 12-15-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 158648 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

I don't think that they would not play ... I just don't believe they get caught up in the momoent and play above their head .

The 790 guys were interviewing a reporter from NE . He said Brady is steaming because their 9-4 and questions his teamates commitment . Brady hates to lose .

He said Brady year after year wins the conditioning contest before the season . Brady gets there at 6:00 am and is the last one to leave . When he calls someone out they don't have a leg to stand on because of his commitment .
Old 12-15-2006   #7
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I don't think that they would not play ... I just don't believe they get caught up in the momoent and play above their head .
I agree. I don't think they do anything on purpose to "try to get rid of Carr" - their future paychecks rely on their game film. There may be something to the theory that they don't get as fired up as they might because they are as beat down mentally as Carr is. This mentality, if it is like that, would probably be caused by a combination Carr's play and their own previous performance.

The infusion of young talent and the direction of the coaches may help overcome this. We'll see.
Old 12-15-2006   #8
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by lod01 View Post
I encourage it.

I would tell them to be a swinging gate and allow the D to turn Carr into roadkill so he can't come back and continue his pure 100% suckiness. It's the least the O-line can do to payback this LOSER for stealing $8 million that could have gone towards upgrading the O-line (not that I beleive it to even be a problem). Carr is the problem.
Spoken like a true Texans Fan
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #9
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i can see the line not givin it there all, but not playin down on purpose to get rid of carr, more of a attitude of "were not gonna win, so theres no point to give 100%"
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #10
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Carr to the Raiders would be hilarious. That team's O-line IS a swinging gate. It would be just punishment for the Texans to send this ZERO to Oakland to see what a really bad o-line is all about.
He has been our QB since O2 so he already knows. Our 02 line set a record, as bad as Oakland is, I don't see them setting any records.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #11
Tailgate
Fall of Hame

Rep Power: 27364 Tailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respectedTailgate is a quality contributor and well respected

Our O-Line has basically been a "swinging gate" from DAY 1. Nothing has really changed.
Tailgate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
I don't think that they would not play ... I just don't believe they get caught up in the momoent and play above their head.
This is exactly what I was going to point out, too. They don't 'play down' because of Carr, but he does not inspire them to 'play up' and protect him at all costs. Probably because they know that in spite of their best efforts, he has limitations that the great ones don't have, IMO.
Old 12-15-2006   #13
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
This is exactly what I was going to point out, too. They don't 'play down' because of Carr, but he does not inspire them to 'play up' and protect him at all costs. Probably because they know that in spite of their best efforts, he has limitations that the great ones don't have, IMO.
Have you guys ever played football? you really believe that players will not give it their all because they think the QB has limitations?

Last edited by dantem; 12-15-2006 at 10:44 AM. Reason: clarification
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #14
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
I hope I don't get flamed for this one...

I was just wondering how much you guys think that the O-line would be "tempted" to play down a little, to get rid of Carr?

I've heard several of you mention that there's a good chance the players in the locker room are upset with this season...

Just a thought...don't get bent.
LOL.............. FLAMED.................... j/k
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #15
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

Old 12-15-2006   #16
run-david-run
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1331 run-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respectedrun-david-run is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to run-david-run

Quote:
I encourage it.

I would tell them to be a swinging gate and allow the D to turn Carr into roadkill so he can't come back and continue his pure 100% suckiness. It's the least the O-line can do to payback this LOSER for stealing $8 million that could have gone towards upgrading the O-line (not that I beleive it to even be a problem). Carr is the problem.
wow...your an *****. really..you dont believe the O-line to be a problem? Have you seen the Texans play?

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read