Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

View Poll Results: McNair wants to keep Carr. I . . .
agree, we should keep Carr! 67 39.64%
disagree, we should replace Carr! 83 49.11%
have no opinion! 19 11.24%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-14-2006   #1
Nighthawk
All Pro

Default Poll: Replace Carr in the off season?

McNair was heard to say, in effect, that Carr's staying and that the Texans are building around him. How do you feel about this?
Nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Poll: Replace Carr in the off season?

Uh...there's no poll...

and replace him with WHO,e xactly?

I know. We'll just run the anthill formation all game. Hah. That'd be funny (not being sarcastic)
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #3
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ensign_lee View Post
Uh...there's no poll...

and replace him with WHO,e xactly?

I know. We'll just run the anthill formation all game. Hah. That'd be funny (not being sarcastic)
LOL
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #4
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208669 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Well, I said "have no opinion" because I'm not for replacing Carr just to be replacing him. If we can upgrade, then absolutely. Otherwise, I'd like to see the team draft a QB this year in the 2nd or 3rd round and let him sit a year and learn Kubiak's offense. Carr can be the sacrificial lamb behind that line while they improve with whatever rookie lineman (linemen?) they draft.

So yeah, replace him, just do it with a plan and some direction. The "OMG Anyone is better!!1!@!" hyperbole doesn't suit me, but I want to see an upgrade at that position.
Old 12-15-2006   #5
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
McNair was heard to say, in effect, that Carr's staying and that the Texans are building around him. How do you feel about this?
Honestly, how I/we feel as fans is of no consequence. It's David Carr or bust.
Old 12-15-2006   #6
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll be here. I'm just hoping for a rookie QB and a vet who can both challenge Carr.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #7
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by mexican_texan View Post
He'll be here. I'm just hoping for a rookie QB and a vet who can both challenge Carr.
Seriously, they are not going to bring anyone in here to challenge Carr. I think the brass already knows they will beat him out. I can't remember being this depressed in a long time. I've heard the company line and all the blind faith from the front office. I'm just flat out tired of hearing excuses, I want the team to get some wins. I'm tired of walking around the city I love, supporting the teams I love (Texans, Rockets, and Stros), and getting laughed at.
Old 12-15-2006   #8
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda View Post
Seriously, they are not going to bring anyone in here to challenge Carr. I think the brass already knows they will beat him out. I can't remember being this depressed in a long time. I've heard the company line and all the blind faith from the front office. I'm just flat out tired of hearing excuses, I want the team to get some wins. I'm tired of walking around the city I love, supporting the teams I love (Texans, Rockets, and Stros), and getting laughed at.
I feel your pain.
Old 12-15-2006   #9
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 283896 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Honestly, how I/we feel as fans is of no consequence. It's David Carr or bust.
yep. this is true....for better or for worse
Old 12-15-2006   #10
QB75
Veteran

Rep Power: 19 QB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of FamerQB75 is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nighthawk View Post
Great! Keep building around him.
QB75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #11
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

im a little suprised at the pole so far. it seems the people with the strongest negativity our more likely to speak out.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #12
TexanSoldier
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Poll: Replace Carr in the off season?

I voted to replace Carr.

I've never been a Carr hater and I honestly believe he'll succeed in a different system. For some reason things just aren't working out here, and I now believe he was not ready to be the face of the new franchise.

I disagree with Mr. McNair and I feel we should bring in a veteran QB and then draft some young talent.

Probably won't happen, but since this is a "public poll and everyone can see how I voted" I decided to let you know why I voted with the current minority.

Go Texans!
TexanSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #13
SLO Texan
Veteran

I said don't replace Carr in the offseason.

Reasons:

#1 - We haven't given him a descent O-Line yet, after 5 seasons!!!!
#2 - He finally has a coach that can COACH him.
#3 - We gave him the extension for a reason, Kubiak thinks he can do it.
#4 - Kubiak will continue to improve his game and he will be worth much more in '08 than '07.
#5 - We've invested so much in this guy lets get him a freakin OL next year and see what he's REALLY got.
#6 - There is'nt anyone worth immediately replacing him with.(Kubes needs to draft someone to start molding underneath him for a yr.)

I like David Carr and I just really want to see him suceed.Call me a & pass me a Duff.
SLO Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #14
ATX
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 144 ATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respectedATX is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO Texan View Post

Reasons:

#4 - Kubiak will continue to improve his game and he will be worth much more in '08 than '07.
#5 - We've invested so much in this guy lets get him a freakin OL next year and see what he's REALLY got.
#6 - There is'nt anyone worth immediately replacing him with.(Kubes needs to draft someone to start molding underneath him for a yr.)

I like David Carr and I just really want to see him suceed.Call me a & pass me a Duff.
Man you hit it dead on
ATX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #15
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Quote:
You're not the only one bro!
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #16
Drager
Rookie

I don't know about Carr. I saw alot of mistakes on Sunday. Throwing the ball past the LOS.....twice!!!! He's a fifth year vet. He should have better awareness than that. The deep ball to Andre Johnson was under thrown. Johnson had his man beat by a step or two. Carr just didn't throw it far enough. Any sign of pressure & he seems to get rattled to easily.
I don't blame the guy for being so shellshocked, though. The lack of blocking he's seen since he's been here would be tough on anyone. But he's got to make quicker & better decisions with the ball. I'd like to see Kubiak get him playing better, but it just doesn't seem to be there right now and I just don't know that Carr can do it here.
No matter what I think, he'll be back next year. Especially since we've got alot of $$$ invested in him. I agree that we still need to look at getting a rookie QB in the draft next year as a possible replacement.
Drager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #17
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you mean! I have been a ROXS fan since 1981, Astros since 1986, Oilers- starting in 1982 then stopped when the Dark Lord's henchman- Bud Adams relocated the the team. And of course a fan of the TEXANS from day one! I know how it is to be a fan of H-Town teams & it's usually NOT for the faint of hearts! But I wake up happy knowing that H-Town has a professional team!
Old 12-15-2006   #18
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLO Texan View Post

Reasons:

I like yer post, very reasonable! On #6- I would draft Troy Smith in the 2nd rd IF AVAILABLE to groom for the future & let him sit & learn for a season!! Nevermind that he's short, but not Doug Flutie short, he seems to have a good arm & legs something this team needs! #3 & #4- this I hope, but remains to be seen.
Old 12-15-2006   #19
phan1
All Pro

I really believe Carr will be back in 2007. Everyone in the FO looks like that's the direction they're headed in. I just want a contingency plan to start if Carr doesn't shape up. I really want us to pick up a QB in the 4-5 round; some guy Kubiak really likes in the draft. Rosenfels has played good as well, but I really want a QB in the draft so Carr can understand "hey, my job really is on the line."
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #20
brewhaus
All Pro

Carr will IMO play out (or sit out) his contract with the Texans. This team has so many other needs that they can't afford to spend FA $ or burn a draft pick on a QB. AND.....I think the Texans will be OK in spite of that. I am not so sure we are 1 year away from turning it around but over the next couple of years I think Kubiak is really going to create a solid base for this team and we are going to see big change occur.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read