Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2006   #1
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default What were your expectations for this year?

I know there have been some hard losses to swallow, but what were some of the things you guys/gals were expecting in 2006?
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
johndoe
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 johndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVPjohndoe was voted MVP
Default Re: What were your expectations for this year?

we are about where i thought we would be... and next year were going to be about a .500 team. the only good thing about a sucky team is there is nowhere to go but up
johndoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #3
kfranco_utexas
Veteran

8-8
Old 12-14-2006   #4
dantem
Veteran

I can't remember
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #5
Heath Shuler
worst 2 1st

Section: 521
Rep Power: 49148 Heath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respectedHeath Shuler is a quality contributor and well respected

6 & 10
Heath Shuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #6
ensign_lee
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 468 ensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respectedensign_lee is a quality contributor and well respected

Terribly optimistic. I had us at 11-5...
ensign_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #7
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

i told my self i would be happy with just more wins, cause that means we got better, but i had hoped for 6-10, or 7-9, i can see 6-10 still being possible, but 7-9 would be real hard
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2006   #8
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

4 wins, no more. A better running game too, but you can never call when DD will be hurt.
Old 12-14-2006   #9
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

My expectations ululated like a raft in a hurricane. The Miami expectation seems about right. I didn't think we could win two games after our sickening 0-3 start. Then our rooks started playing better, the D started playing better, and we learned to win without depending on the passing game.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #10
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 12 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

<heavy sigh>

I thought we'd fall somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8. Thought we'd sweep the Tacks. Thought we'd split with the Jags.

Thought we'd draft Reggie Bush.

Never thought we'd hit a homerun like we did with DeMeco Ryans.

It all evens out in the end, I suppose.

</heavy sigh>

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #11
GNTLEWOLF
All Pro

Rep Power: 2051 GNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respectedGNTLEWOLF is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Skype™ to GNTLEWOLF

We are just about where I believed we would be.
GNTLEWOLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Hoped for 8-8, but expected 5-6 wins. We could still win another one this season.
Old 12-14-2006   #13
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
Hoped for 8-8, but expected 5-6 wins. We could still win another one this season.
Yeah, there's the Browns.
Old 12-15-2006   #14
Drager
Rookie

I thought we could reach 6-10. But with the Pat's & Colts up next, I don't think that will happen. I do think the team has played better overall this year. We've lost alot of close games this year. To me it seems like this team plays harder than last years & they don't seem to give up like last years. But I'm sure we all hope for me.
Drager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #15
eric138
Veteran

Rep Power: 984 eric138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respectederic138 is a quality contributor and well respected

I expected our defense to keep vy in check and not let him run a 40 for 6 on us. That is some hard stuff right there. Next year I will expect the same thing plus keep bush in check.
eric138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #16
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

I expected 5-6 wins, hoped for 6, since the over/under in Vegas was 5.5 games. We can still get there, but it's highly unlikely now. I expected a bit more out of the offensive line, but injuries have hit hard. Carr was doing a lot better earlier in the year when the O-line wasn't quite as dinged, even though they weren't stellar at the time. Unfortunately, when Carr was doing OK, the defense was terrible (to historical proportions). The defense has progressed, which is nice to see, but the offense has regressed as the injuries have piled up. A couple nice waiver wire pickups in Dalton and Maddox have kept the defense somewhat respectable (man, our standards are low .... /sigh).

Overall, about where we are now.
Old 12-15-2006   #17
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I thought 5-11 to 8-8.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006   #18
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

If the defense hadn't been as bad early on as it was, or if the team had a few less injuries....

I really thought an 8-8 season was achievable. I didn't think last year's team was as bad as the record they produced. I thought the play was uninspired last year because the boys had had enough of Dom, Fangio, and company.

This year I see a lot of desire, heart, and no quit in this team. That's encouraging, but they keep coming up short.

It would be nice if they could make the playoffs next year, but that is probably also a pipe dream. There is no telling what this team is going to look like next year. If McNair agreed to skip the "traditional" player introductions, then he probably realizes he has at least one player (and I'm not going to start with that) that has worn his welcome here on both sides of the ball.
Old 12-15-2006   #19
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

I said at the beginning of the season 4/12, but I did not expect us to own the Jags this year. WTG Texans, we do own a team, rather they like it or not...
Old 12-15-2006   #20
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 208045 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeBred_Texan View Post
I said at the beginning of the season 4/12, but I did not expect us to own the Jags this year. WTG Texans, we do own a team, rather they like it or not...
I have to say that, no matter what else happens, it puts a really big smile on my face when we beat the Jags

When we beat other teams, I am happy, but it's not like beating the Jags!

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read