Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-14-2006   #1
baba ganoush
Veteran

Default texans entire mock draft

1 Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
2 Earl Everett OLB Florida
3 Kevin Kolb QB Houston
4 Tim Zbikowski S Notre Dame
5 (trade for Moulds)
6 Josh Wilson CB Maryland
7 Frank Okam DT Texas

I might have gotten the draft pick wrong for moulds, im not sure if thats correct... but everyone knows who adrian peterson, enough said...everett is a solid outside linebacker that would fit great next to demeco...KEVIN KOLB, what an amazing qb, even though he played in confrence usa, he is still a remarkable athlete that i believe can lead the texans to victory. I give KOLB one year to learn behind carr, and do well with kubiak. zbikowski could be a solid saftey and would help with our depth issue in the secondary. same thing for josh wilson; he has great speed and has alot of upside, but use as depth unless he can grasp the nfl and through him in there for the nickle package...i really dont think okam will nearly last this long, but it would be nice to get a pretty solid guy in there...let me know what you think
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Re: texans entire mock draft

1. Calvin Johnson
2.-7. O line
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #3
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

We need to pull atleast one olinemen out of this draft even if it is the later rounds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #4
utahmark
markbeth

Rep Power: 8733 utahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respectedutahmark is a quality contributor and well respected

i think the 5th round pick was last years. so this year we should have all our picks.
utahmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #5
baba ganoush
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbeth View Post
i think the 5th round pick was last years. so this year we should have all our picks.
if so, we should plug in an offensive lineman there...or maybe a linebacker like dodge from texas a&m whos not afraid to lay a hit...
Rule #7 - play like a champion!!!
baba ganoush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #6
Panther5407
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by baba ganoush View Post
if so, we should plug in an offensive lineman there...or maybe a linebacker like dodge from texas a&m whos not afraid to lay a hit...
You forget Matt that Dodge is only a junior who's not leaving. Get his partner in crime, Justin Warren from A&M. He's big fast and smart. I'd love to see the Texans draft him and have him next to Ryans. Overall I like the draft.
Old 12-14-2006   #7
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
1 Adrian Peterson RB Oklahoma
2 Earl Everett OLB Florida
3 Kevin Kolb QB Houston
4 Tim Zbikowski S Notre Dame
5 (trade for Moulds)
6 Josh Wilson CB Maryland
7 Frank Okam DT Texas

I might have gotten the draft pick wrong for moulds, im not sure if thats correct... but everyone knows who adrian peterson, enough said...everett is a solid outside linebacker that would fit great next to demeco...KEVIN KOLB, what an amazing qb, even though he played in confrence usa, he is still a remarkable athlete that i believe can lead the texans to victory. I give KOLB one year to learn behind carr, and do well with kubiak. zbikowski could be a solid saftey and would help with our depth issue in the secondary. same thing for josh wilson; he has great speed and has alot of upside, but use as depth unless he can grasp the nfl and through him in there for the nickle package...i really dont think okam will nearly last this long, but it would be nice to get a pretty solid guy in there...let me know what you think
If Okam doesn't project into the first two rounds, he's not coming out.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2006   #8
Smokedawg
Veteran

Rep Power: 14 Smokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden coverSmokedawg could be on the next Madden cover

i doubt we will draft a RB that high. Im hoping for LaRon Landry in the first.
Old 12-16-2006   #9
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Frank Okam is a first day pick for sure...no way he lasts that long...if he last til the second it would be stupid to pass on him...very solid against the run and can rush the passer too.
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006   #10
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
Frank Okam is a first day pick for sure...no way he lasts that long...if he last til the second it would be stupid to pass on him...very solid against the run and can rush the passer too.
Okam has TJ symptoms. He lacks a fire and is too often taken out of the play. I don't want him. I like Mebane from Cal.
Old 12-24-2006   #11
DatTexBoy
Veteran

I agree he gets lost sometimes but I really think Chisik didn't use the D-line correctly...you can tell he was leaving because Texas' entire D-line looked horrible the last few weeks...he simply didn't utilize them like he should have...if you remember they rotate their lineman and when he was in there (okam) he was a beast. Next to Mario and Weaver and Payne...it will be an awesome line finally.
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #12
GoTexans
Rookie

With the way Dayne ran the ball today and DD coming back healthy and Lundy and Taylor being suitable 3rd and 4th backs. I don't think we need Peterson next year.

I like Carr with the O-Line and running game clicking. He proved today what many have been saying all along. Plus if we trade Carr we still have to pay his salary and we take a 3 million dollar hit on next year's team Cap.

1st Pick-LaRon Landry
2nd Pick-OLB or #3 WR

From there I'd like third and fourth picks on the O-Line

Then maybe fill the last picks to add depth behind starters.
Old 12-24-2006   #13
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexans View Post
Plus if we trade Carr we still have to pay his salary and we take a 3 million dollar hit on next year's team Cap.

If we were to just cut Carr, then we only take the Cap hit. If we trade Carr we only take the Cap Hit, and the team trading for him only pay his salary, thus lowering his cap cost to them vs us. And his cap hit this year is closer to 5M than 3M, but we save his 5.25 M salary. That equals a zero on the Cap.

SO moving him could be possible from the Cap side.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #14
Texansman05
Rookie

Quote:
How about Paul Posluszny from Penn State? It would be awesome to see him and Ryans dominate on D.
Texansman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #15
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoTexans View Post
With the way Dayne ran the ball today and DD coming back healthy and Lundy and Taylor being suitable 3rd and 4th backs. I don't think we need Peterson next year.

I like Carr with the O-Line and running game clicking. He proved today what many have been saying all along. Plus if we trade Carr we still have to pay his salary and we take a 3 million dollar hit on next year's team Cap.

1st Pick-LaRon Landry
2nd Pick-OLB or #3 WR

From there I'd like third and fourth picks on the O-Line

Then maybe fill the last picks to add depth behind starters.
Yea today looked great, but faggins...wow. I was pleased seeing him covering marvin harrison because i racked up some fantasy points today.lol

I doubt we get nate clements or asanti samuel in the offseason so i am really opening up to the idea of getting or trading down to get leon hall, revis, cason.etc whoever best cb for us would be...this win against the colts will never happen again if we don't get corner help.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #16
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Its TOM Zbikowski, 5th we trade for Moulds was last year, Okam easily day 1 pick. Zbikowski is more of a big hitting SS than a coverage FS which is what we need.
Old 12-24-2006   #17
Texansman05
Rookie

Personally I would love to see Adrian Peterson in houston. When hes healthy (thats important!) hes an amazing runner. Hes a big physicall guy who can run over tacklers as well as make moves to avoid them. His health problems makes his availibility and longevity questionable but he could remain healthy I think he would be amazing.
I dont think we should go with a QB in the first round. I think if Carr had a solid team around him he would be good. I mean hes not gonna be an all pro caliber player, more along the lines of a guy that can win games by learning not to make mistakes. Kind of like a Chad Pennington but with a stronger arm. I think his biggest deal is that he needs a wake up call. The guy has games and makes plays that show a spark of brilliance and then its gone.
In the draft overall i think we need everything except for WR, QB,, TEs. Unfortunately , the running back class this year isnt deep, but we should do the best we can.
I think if we make some SMART draft picks (ex: passing on Vince Young and Reggie Bush) and pick up some high profile FA ( Clements, Briggs)in the offseason i think that this team could be lookin at a completely different direction next year.
Texansman05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006   #18
Ole Miss Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 24791 Ole Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respectedOle Miss Texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Here is my ideal first three rounds. I am assuming we don't sign clements/samuel or briggs although i sure hope we do.

also i would like to see us trade down a few spots...highly unlikely finding another team willing to do this but if the right player falls (peterson, johnson,adams)..also trade for their 1st and 3rd instead of 1st and 2nd because we would only move down to about 10ish?

1. CB leon hall (Mich) / antoine cason (Ariz) /best cb kubes likes for texans.
2. OLB Don Conner (Penn St.)/Rufus Alexander (Ok)/Buster Davis (Fl. St.)/best lb kubes likes.
3a. FS Leonard Peters (Hawaii)
3b. C Dan Mozes (WVU)/ Ryan Kalil (USC) Doug Datish (Ohio State)

other possibility besides center in 3rd would be kevin kolb a lot of people are high on, to groom behind carr/sage for 1-2years.

mckinney did a great job a c today...hogdon is not the answer, flannigan is on the downhill...mckinney isn't the long term answer...this could be a huge need coming quick.
#99 JJ Watt - Dream Big Work Hard
Ole Miss Texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read