Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2006   #1
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default NFL Live just said

Top Defensive Rookie: Ryans... This guys leads everyone in tackles unofficially, and his is by the ball so much, he makes it look like there 3 number 59's on the field.

Biggest Disappointment: Mario, Mostly not his fault do to the stunts he plays, but sadly, he will always be compared to Bush, and he has to do better.

Not me saying, just me repeating.. dont kill the messenger.
Old 12-14-2006   #2
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon
Default Re: NFL Live just said

I wouldn't call Mario the biggest disappointment. Vernon Davis, AJ Hawk, and Jay Cutler have been no better than Mario.

However, if you were to say which actual draft decision has been the most disappointing then its Mario in a LANDSLIDE.

In summation,
Mario Williams himself - Shows potential and promise.
The decision to draft Mario #1 overall - Extremely disappointing and damaging.

dftw
Old 12-14-2006   #3
dantem
Veteran

If you thought the draft this year was to help us go to the superbowl in 2006-07, then you are mistaken. Mario, was a good team building decision, the future will show it to be true.

If you are going to rebuild a team, start with the most important players, The O-Line, and the D-Line, Great QB's and RB's are available every year. and without good Lines, your team would suck, even if you got a great QB and RB.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #4
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1340 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I wouldn't call Mario the biggest disappointment. Vernon Davis, AJ Hawk, and Jay Cutler have been no better than Mario.

However, if you were to say which actual draft decision has been the most disappointing then its Mario in a LANDSLIDE.

In summation,

dftw
It's unfair to judge anyone yet. Mario could be a more dominant player than VY or Bush in a few years... we just don't know yet.

BTW.. AJ Hawk's numbers are very similar to DeMeco's. Davis was hurt most of the year and Cutler hasn't played. Again, it's way to early to judge anyone from this draft class.
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #5
BigSaint8050
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post

In summation,

dftw
Check out the numbers.... Hawk has been very good. Also Cutler just started playing and looked pretty good in his 2nd game.
BigSaint8050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #6
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 275769 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by the wonger need food View Post
BTW.. AJ Hawk's numbers are very similar to DeMeco's. ... Again, it's way to early to judge anyone from this draft class.
If you call 20% less tackles and 30% less solos very similar then yes--for a guy making 10 times as much money. It is too early to judge yet.
Old 12-14-2006   #7
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 47040 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Mario will be more effective when the Texans address the interior of the line with a similar stud who can cut down the double teams, then lanes to the QB should open up alot more not only for Mario but the other lineman as well for DeMeco & the rest of the LB's & CB's

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2006   #8
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dime View Post
Biggest Disappointment: Mario, Mostly not his fault do to the stunts he plays, but sadly, he will always be compared to Bush, and he has to do better.
I'm disappointed in Mario and don't think he's got the potetial that the Texans
brass thought he did.
But I didn't think VY would have this kind of rookie year, not by a long shot.
So maybe I'll be wrong about Marios potential over the longer-term. I hope so.
BTW, anybody know whats happening with the situation Bushs family got themselves into with the free rent from the agent ?
ESPN or somebody sure got that ugly little story hushed up.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #9
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

I think calling Mario the biggest disappointment is fair. He was THE FIRST OVERALL PICK in a draft with some rather big talent and he has 4.5 sacks.....
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #10
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

as the top pick in a draft considered the strongest in many years....yeah, I'd call him a dissapointment right now. Who knows how it will pan out 5 years from now like Carr however....he could mature just as well.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #11
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Vinny, you've been letting me down lately...I gotta look to Grid for the smartest analyst now...
Old 12-14-2006   #12
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
Vinny, you've been letting me down lately...I gotta look to Grid for the smartest analyst now...
I'm sorry I was wrong about Vince and predicted Carr would struggle long term 3 years ago...I'll try harder with my future observations.

Old 12-14-2006   #13
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected

You were supposed to look at that comment I made and laugh, and not say anything...damn you for killing my poor attempt at a joke...Vinny, i'm gunning for you dude.
Old 12-14-2006   #14
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Top Defensive Rookie: Ryans... This guys leads everyone in tackles unofficially, and his is by the ball so much, he makes it look like there 3 number 59's on the field.

Well the gods have spoken, I guess it must be true
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #15
Vinny
shiny happy fan

I'm just used to the haters giving me grief for not following the crowd....it's all good.

Old 12-14-2006   #16
ThaShark316

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I'm just used to the haters giving me grief for not following the crowd....it's all good.
Of course you're gonna have haters...but Vinny, you need haters...if you have 30 haters, you need to get it to 40 before the new year, lol.

ON topic...I hate jumping into "who's been disappointing as a rookie", because that can be so flawed...I like to look at who's playing well, and give the rooks a shot until it can be determined that said rookie is indeed a bust.
Old 12-14-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post

ON topic...I hate jumping into "who's been disappointing as a rookie", because that can be so flawed...I like to look at who's playing well, and give the rooks a shot until it can be determined that said rookie is indeed a bust.
yeah, but this is what message boards are for....so what the heck.

Old 12-14-2006   #18
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 194858 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Quote:

If I were to bet money.... I would bet that Gary Kubiak would not change one thing about this years draft.

And if we did not draft Mario, most of you guys would be complaining about why we drafted Demeco to begin with.

Actually if we drafted Vince(the only other #1 prospect in this draft) we'd have more than likely went running back, taking Adai if D'Angelo wasn't there.

Mario is exactly what we thought he was.......... a fast, strong 6'7" 295lb monster with a motor that won't quit.

He is not the sack machine the media tried to make us think we were getting, he is an excellent DE, a solid DE, who can pressure the QB, with the potential to be the best all around DE this league has seen since Reggie White. I haven't seen anything to suggest otherwise.

I believe Kubiak may be questioning the timetable he set for David's turn around... He may even be wondering if he can turn things around with David(I don't think he's ready to give up.... )

He might be wondering about some of the roster moves we made...

But I seriously doubt he is dissappointed in the player he got in Mario Williams.
Old 12-14-2006   #19
Bubbajwp
All Flopper

Rep Power: 140 Bubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respectedBubbajwp is a quality contributor and well respected

Sorry Ive been wanting to do that for a while.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
Actually he is an A-Hole because he is an A-hole. just like a tiger is a tiger because he is a tiger.
Bubbajwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #20
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35118 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

I hate "NFL LIVE". That show does nothing for me. They only care about the eastcoast teams and Terrell Owens. T.O. could lose everything today and become a bum. They'd still dedicate the first 10 minutes of the show on what he found in the dumpster behind McDonalds....:brickwall
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read