Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-14-2006   #1
ryansisgod
Veteran

Default Would you rather have Vick?

if the falcons decide to trade Vick, Would you all agree to trade Carr for him. Yes or No? Make your cases.
ryansisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
BigWig
Bigimus Wigimus

Rep Power: 1266 BigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respectedBigWig is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Would you rather have Vick?

nope!
BigWig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #3
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 90531 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

Not no, but Heck no! We can't throw the ball as it is! What's he getting paid? 100 million for ten years or something like that. Yeah, that's what I want...oh, nevermind
Old 12-14-2006   #4
Scottyboy
Veteran

This is about as Hypathical as you can get,
no way does ATl trade Vick for Carr!!

But I would take if they were offferin st8 up
Scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

I think I would do it. We need some excitement and Vick has done alot with the very little he had.

It won't happen though.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #6
ib4texans
Veteran

Hell to the NO!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #7
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

At least Carr can dink and dunk. Vick can't even do that.
Old 12-14-2006   #8
real

I can't remember exactly where I heard it.....But supposedly the Falcons are going to start using some packages where Vick is at running back and Schaub is at running back...Right now Dunn, and Norwood are hurt and Griffin(the FB) is the only back.....I would actually like to see this....
Old 12-14-2006   #9
real

And to answer this thread....

Not in this offense....
Old 12-14-2006   #10
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansisgod View Post
if the falcons decide to trade Vick, Would you all agree to trade Carr for him. Yes or No? Make your cases.
No way this scenario plays out. But if we really got the chance, McNair would
jump all over it because its one way he could really sell tickets this offseason.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #11
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

I would do it. Just let whoever plays QB next year hand off to him. (he could be our poor man's Reggie Bush).
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #12
kingh99

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryansisgod View Post
2 vets next year. Henne year after. Done. next.
Old 12-14-2006   #13
brewhaus
All Pro

I don't think we want a QB that sells T-shirts like this do we?

http://www.ronmexico.com/

Old 12-14-2006   #14
ArlingtonTexan

Rep Power: 73193 ArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedArlingtonTexan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
I don't think we want a QB that sells T-shirts like this do we?

http://www.ronmexico.com/

The only thing we are missing now is the T-shirt. Principle is the same, an organization who has a number 1 draft pick QB, in what should be in the prime the QBs career is still hoping that the Qb develops or improves or has not had the proper things around him, etc. Five and six years into these guys careers expecting them to all of a sudden develop new habits is folly IMO.

At least Vick is an exciting player with all of his flaws. Carr is pretty generic.
ArlingtonTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #15
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

yes i would, his stats dont say much. but at least he gets the team winning
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #16
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
yes i would, his stats dont say much. but at least he gets the team winning
I think he'd be a high priced band-aid.
Old 12-14-2006   #17
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Like I said before, if we got Vick for Carr, then who would we get to be the QB?

That would solve our RB problem but wouldn't help us in the passing department...
Old 12-14-2006   #18
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2409 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

He'll make sportcenter top 10! YAY!
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #19
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I'd take Vick in a heartbeat.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #20
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 266978 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

This is cracking me up. I'm well established on the record as not a Vick fan but you make that trade in a heartbeat. Dude is a below average passer and a fantastic RB, i.e. at least he is fantastic at something.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read