Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2006   #1
ryansisgod
Veteran

Default 1st and 10 about to discuss top 5 picks

the guys from 1st and 10 on espn are about to discuss the top 5 picks...lets see what they say abt mario and co.
ryansisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
ryansisgod
Veteran

Default Re: 1st and 10 about to discuss top 5 picks

they said if they could do over the draft they'd pick RB and VY as 1 and 2 and then DeMeco at 3 no sign of Williams.
Old 12-14-2006   #3
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Skip Bayless said he would pick Vince Young first and that he will win multiple Super Bowls.....

I hate Skip Bayless but I completely agree with that.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #4
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post
Skip Bayless said he would pick Vince Young first and that he will win multiple Super Bowls.....

agreed. on both counts
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #5
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

What if Bush goes to the Super Bowl this year?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #6
ryansisgod
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
then one more point for the media to bash on the texans for passing on the Almighty BUSH.
Old 12-14-2006   #7
dantem
Veteran

what is ESPN? Oh, yeah... the guys that tell NFL fans what the should think.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2006   #8
Keyser Soze
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post

Then Super Bowl Week will be torture for Texans fans. We'll be reminded about it non-stop.

Remember the commercial when the Titans went? "How do the fans in Houston feel about now?" It'll be all that, and a lot more.
Keyser Soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #9
kenneth24
Veteran

Titans Vs. Saints in Superbowl would be a nightmare
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #10
Osso
Veteran

I won't say having VY wouldn't have been great but Mario is something special and has taken alot of abuse from the O all year. Our defense isn't top 10 yet with his play we have been a force all year on that side. Mario will begiving us strong play for many many years....and I'm willing to bet he contributes more to the NFL than VY or RB.
Old 12-14-2006   #11
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24 View Post
Titans Vs. Saints in Superbowl would be a nightmare
never gonna happen

titans arent good enough

and the saints will not beat SD

im thinkin the chargers win the super bowl this season
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #12
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansFanatic View Post

I guess Skip Bayless can also predict the future (he must be the Nostrodomus (sp?) of sports)!
Old 12-14-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osso View Post
I won't say having VY wouldn't have been great but Mario is something special and has taken alot of abuse from the O all year. Our defense isn't top 10 yet with his play we have been a force all year on that side. Mario will begiving us strong play for many many years....and I'm willing to bet he contributes more to the NFL than VY or RB.
I am all for supporting the team, but the early returns show that Mario will be viewed as a poor pick due to all the top notch PRODUCERS already making an impact. I hope Mario shows me something other than the ability to play with pain. Otherwise, he is Sam Bowie of the NFL. Sad but true and worse yet we passed on both the NFL equivalents of Jordan AND hometown Hakeem to get him.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-14-2006 at 05:40 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #14
fhlh
Rookie

[quote=Second Honeymoon;537585]Otherwise, he is Sam Bowie of the NFL.QUOTE]

OUCH.... that's gonna leave a mark
fhlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #15
TexansFanatic
Extremist

Rep Power: 7238 TexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFanatic is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
I am all for supporting the team, but the early returns show that Mario will be viewed as a poor pick due to all the top notch PRODUCERS already making an impact. I hope Mario shows me something other than the ability to play with pain. Otherwise, he is Sam Bowie of the NFL. Sad but true and worse yet we passed on both the NFL equivalents of Jordan AND hometown Hakeem to get him.
I think Mario will do fine for a number of years, which is better than what Sam Bowie contributed to the Blazers. Even so, passing on VY and RB will go down as dumber than passing on Jordan.
TexansFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #16
Specnatz
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 3240 Specnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respectedSpecnatz is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Second Honeymoon View Post
WOW comparing a team sport to a more idividual sport, I have never seen that done before. Maybe next you can compare them to Gretzky or Gordie Howe.
Specnatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #17
canadiantexan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Specnatz View Post
WOW comparing a team sport to a more idividual sport, I have never seen that done before. Maybe next you can compare them to Gretzky or Gordie Howe.
I'm lovin the hockey refrences
canadiantexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #18
texan767
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17 View Post
I guess Skip Bayless can also predict the future (he must be the Nostrodomus (sp?) of sports)!
Correct spelling would be Nostradumbass in Skip's case...
texan767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #19
Tayton
Veteran

A few weeks ago Mario looked like a pretty good pick. Bush hadn't had a 100 yard game and VY was throwing interceptions at a pretty good clip. Even the national media was coming around. Now they are all saying I told you so. This thing has not played itself out. Lets relax, look forward to another good draft and hope that Mr. McNair opens the purse strings on a few FA.
Tayton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #20
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Its gonna be San Diego or Baltimore against Chicago or New Orleans in the Superbowl.

Im betting San Diego vs Chicago.. at least thats what im hoping.. I wont know who to root for..id want them both to win.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read