Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-14-2006   #1
Nevimeister
Rookie

Default Dr Z on Demeco Ryans

"I just saw a statistic that set me off. LB DeMeco Ryans is being called the NFL's total tackles leader. Phony, unofficial stats. No standing nor bearing upon civilized society. I think I mentioned that earlier in the season I got some coaching films from the club and did a three-game study on him. Very raw at that point. Swallowed almost every fake. But gifted with abnormal speed and a real burst, thus able to run down ball carriers all over the field. But please, let's leave the official statistics to the people who have signed up for them."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt3/index.html
Nevimeister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Dr Z on Demeco Ryans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nevimeister View Post
"I just saw a statistic that set me off. LB DeMeco Ryans is being called the NFL's total tackles leader. Phony, unofficial stats. No standing nor bearing upon civilized society. I think I mentioned that earlier in the season I got some coaching films from the club and did a three-game study on him. Very raw at that point. Swallowed almost every fake. But gifted with abnormal speed and a real burst, thus able to run down ball carriers all over the field. But please, let's leave the official statistics to the people who have signed up for them."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...rt3/index.html
That sounds like the exact opposite of what I've heard about Ryans' play. Can't say I really follow any one D player when I watch. Heck, I couldn't on TV much anyway. As far as the stats go, I have no idea. Don't know who the leader is or how close Ryans is, but he's one impressive rookie.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #3
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 116095 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

The best thing about SI is the Swimsuit issue...

Other than that SI can still kiss my ***... I'm still stewing from the disrespect shown to the Rockets by them... With that said, who cares what SI has to say!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #4
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

To show what little he knows. One of the knocks on Ryan coming out, was he wasn't as fast as he should be (not abnormal speed), but makes his plays on football instincts not speed. Also I guess all those tackles I see him make on the field are just figments of my imagination. (Leads the NFL in total tackles 127, or Solo Tackles 104) If he wanted to blast the stat reference, he should have said something like, the stat for most tackles is misleading due to the fact that the Texans offense is so bad, he is on the field all the time. Thus he has more chances to make tackles.

Last edited by V Man; 12-14-2006 at 09:18 AM.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #5
Rightnow
Veteran

What's up with that?!? How come Demeco's stats are phony but everyone else has real ones? Ridiculous!

Something else is going on here. I wonder if Demeco caused him to lose a fantasy game.
Old 12-14-2006   #6
V Man
Pumpkinhead

Rep Power: 19 V Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden coverV Man could be on the next Madden cover
Send a message via MSN to V Man

Maybe the media needs to bring him down, because he makes their comments of "the Texans don't know how to draft" look bad when our 2nd round selection leads the league.
V Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's Doctor Z because if he were Doctor A he might know something .
Old 12-14-2006   #8
PapaL
Loose Screw

Rep Power: 122497 PapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respectedPapaL is a quality contributor and well respected

How's this for a stat, Demeco has a 42 tackle lead over Greenwood and a 59 tackle lead over DRob (second and third place respectively).

http://www.nfl.com/teams/stats/HOU/2006/regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Bills View Post
I can confidently say im smarter, better looking, and more successful than you will ever be.
PapaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #9
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
He's Doctor Z because if he were Doctor A he might know something .

If he were Dr. A, I would know what the A stood for!
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 179775 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

He's got polaroids of somebody . I read his predictions and he's never close .
Old 12-14-2006   #11
GoPats
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 GoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballotGoPats is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

How is a tackle a phony stat? He never really explains that. If the guy is playing where he should be playing, he'll be in position to make tackles. Seems to me that Ryans has been in the right place a lot this year, especially for a rookie.
Old 12-14-2006   #12
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, chaulk "Dr. Z" up as just another know-nothing fish hack along with most of them.

SI lost my confidence in them when they put a horse up as one of the 100 greatest athletes a few years ago.
Old 12-14-2006   #13
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rightnow View Post
What's up with that?!? How come Demeco's stats are phony but everyone else has real ones?
It's because he is a Houston Texan. We're a pretty bad team, so nobody wants to give us any credit.
Old 12-14-2006   #14
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

DeMeco is still a little raw but it isn't hard to see his body control and suddeness. He does take himself out of plays, but I expect that out of a rookie. He was too tough on him, but Ryans is what he is and we have one of the best young linebackers in the NFL and he is just getting started.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #15
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
DeMeco is still a little raw but it isn't hard to see his body control and suddeness. He does take himself out of plays, but I expect that out of a rookie. He was too tough on him, but Ryans is what he is and we have one of the best young linebackers in the NFL and he is just getting started.
Exactly.. if he's so rough and raw, and he's still hte leading tackler in the NFL.....

imagine the possibilities.
Old 12-14-2006   #16
Johnny Utah
All Pro

Wow. He makes rookie mistakes. What a surprise.

He is still making plays all over the field and having an amazing rookie year. Dr. Z is being overly critical.
Johnny Utah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #17
kenneth24
Veteran

Have Dr. Z and Charlie Casserly ever been seen in the same room together? They have to be the same guy...Dr. Z says Demeco isn't as good as we know and CC says VY isn't one of the Top 10 QB's in the league with less than 40 starts.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #18
mexican_texan
Furry Tractors

Rep Power: 1699 mexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedmexican_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

If it wasn't for that mustache...I'm not sure Dr. Z would have a job. He hasn't done well at all this year.
mexican_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #19
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

People want to whack anything associated with the Texans right about now. Ryans is doing great and performing way beyond expectations. Dr. Z just saw Ryans take himself out of the gamewinning VY scramble and decided to pile on one of the few positives we have as Texans fans. Ryans is doing just fine.
Old 12-14-2006   #20
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

Forget Dr. Z. DeMeco is a stud. He's a Texan, and he won't give him the credit. What a loser.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read