Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-14-2006   #1
Daonly
Veteran

Default Our New QB of the future..

Colt Brennan. He's thinking about declaring if he gets a 1st round grade.

May project to be late 1st, early 2nd.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yMCHSWW2sH4
Daonly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #2
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Our New QB of the future..

David Klingler II. Thanks but no thanks. Have you even seen the Hawai'i offense this season ? He'll shatter the record books no doubt, but please. I'd rather have the Baytown Lee kid from Iowa. At least He can throw a twelve yard dig route.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #3
Daonly
Veteran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvazkn93sT4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JNzrbDDhVD4
Old 12-14-2006   #4
Daonly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by threetoedpete View Post
David Klingler II. Thanks but no thanks. Have you even seen the Hawai'i offense this season ? He'll shatter the record books no doubt, but please. I'd rather have the Baytown Lee kid from Iowa. At least He can throw a twelve yard dig route.
Im from Baytown, what's the kid's name? Colt got in trouble at Colorado, only reason he went to Hawaii... He's the main reason Hawaii's offense is the way it is...
Old 12-14-2006   #5
Daonly
Veteran

http://starbulletin.com/2006/12/13/sports/story02.html

Colt could leave early
The Warriors' quarterback won't worry about the NFL until after the bowl game
By Dave Reardon
dreardon@starbulletin.com
THE "extraordinary situation" that Colt Brennan talks about now looks like a real possibility, and the Hawaii junior quarterback might leave a year early for the NFL.

But Brennan said yesterday he wants it made clear that even if he is evaluated as a potential first-round draft pick, it doesn't guarantee he will turn pro after the Dec. 24 Hawaii Bowl.

"I'm very happy here and there are plenty of good reasons to come back. Coming back would definitely be great for the program and for me," said Brennan, who was named a third-team Associated Press All-American yesterday. "But I would definitely have to consider it. That's a pretty big opportunity and there's no guarantee it would be there later. If they (the NFL advisory board) suggest it, I would have to take a step back and look at things."

Two veteran NFL scouts told the Star-Bulletin this week they believe Brennan could be a first-round pick if he went out for the draft. A third scout reserved judgment until he could view tape of Brennan.

Brennan said yesterday a first-round evaluation from the NFL would be the cutoff on considering making a move to the pros.

"The draft people haven't graded me yet, so we'll see how that plays out," Brennan said.

Whether two other junior quarterbacks, Brian Brohm of Louisville and Jemarcus Russell of Louisiana State, decide to turn pro could affect Brennan's market value.

UH coach June Jones said last week he has advised Brennan to keep his options open. He declined further comment yesterday.

"I'm not going to worry about it until after the bowl game," Jones said.

The AP first- and second-team quarterbacks, Heisman Trophy winner Troy Smith of Ohio State and Brady Quinn of Notre Dame, are both seniors and expected to be first-round picks.

Brennan was sixth in the Heisman Trophy voting. His 53 touchdown passes are one away from the national single-season record, and Brennan also leads the nation in passing yards, completion percentage, passing efficiency and touchdowns responsible for. He is within 10 of passing 5,000 yards for the season.

Brennan, who is from Irvine, Calif., and listed as 6-foot-3 and 190 pounds, is the first UH quarterback to make an AP All-America team. Jeff Duva was an honorable mention selection in 1978 (AP has since done away with honorable mentions on its All-America football team).

"It's definitely a big honor," Brennan said. "This year our team has been all about breaking barriers and this is another one. It's been a team goal from the beginning to achieve things like this. I definitely appreciate the recognition and where I'm at."

Defensive tackle Al Noga, in 1986, is the only first-team AP All-American in school history.

Brennan was named the Western Athletic Conference offensive player of the year last week. He was also named second-team All-American by the Walter Camp Foundation.

Brennan was also a finalist for the Walter Camp Player of the Year Award and the Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award.

Hawaii (10-3) has one more game, Dec. 24 in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl against Arizona State (7-5).

After today's 4:30 p.m. practice, the team returns to its normal schedule, Jones said. The Warriors practice from 7 a.m. to 9 a.m. at UH each day except Sunday (graduation day) prior to the Hawaii Bowl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NATIONAL ACCLAIM
Colt Brennan makes it eight University of Hawaii football players who have been selected for the Associated Press' first, second or third All-America teams
NAME POS. YEAR TEAM

Colt Brennan QB 2006 3rd

Chad Owens AP 2004 2nd

Vince Manuwai OL 2002 2nd

Ashley Lelie WR 2001 3rd

Jason Elam K 1991 3rd

Larry Khan-Smith RS 1988 2nd

Al Noga DL 1986 1st

Walter Murray WR 1985 3rd
Old 12-14-2006   #6
Mattheus_Rex
Veteran

At least it's a discussion about a QB that's actually worth contemplating. Unlike some of the others floating around.
Old 12-14-2006   #7
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Brennan said yesterday a first-round evaluation from the NFL would be the cutoff on considering making a move to the pros.

Outside of the agent whispering in his ear, under this condition, he'll be back at Hawai'i next season.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-14-2006   #8
Daonly
Veteran

Quote:

Outside of the agent whispering in his ear, under this condition, he'll be back at Hawai'i next season.
they all say the right things before bowl games..
Old 12-14-2006   #9
Janus3
Veteran

Quote:
you mean timmy chang II, i agree, no way.
Old 12-14-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm not taking a guy from that offense in the first round. nosir. never.

your next QB is jamarcus russell, btw.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #11
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
Im from Baytown, what's the kid's name? Colt got in trouble at Colorado, only reason he went to Hawaii... He's the main reason Hawaii's offense is the way it is...
Im not sure how you're from Baytown and don't know Drew Tate....Of the infamous Ganders....
Old 12-14-2006   #12
bad
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 bad is on the Pro-Bowl ballotbad is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by kastofsna View Post
...your next QB is jamarcus russell, btw.
That would sit just fine with me.

Vince Lombardi
bad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #13
Daonly
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Im not sure how you're from Baytown and don't know Drew Tate....Of the infamous Ganders....
I know Drew Tate, Didnt know he was from Baytown. My Parents live half mile down the road from the stadium. I live in Los Angeles;So I really can't keep up with Gander football since they always seem to loose in the 1st round.
Old 12-14-2006   #14
JDizzle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2754 JDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respectedJDizzle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
I went to HS in Baytown so I know who he is. I don't think he's that good of a QB from the couple of games I have seen him play in this year. Plus I hear he throws temper tantrums every now and then. Doesn't surprise me coming from a Gander though. Stoerner and Roberson weren't high character guys either :P
JDizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #15
light
Rookie

we dont need a QB, we need a running game. Carr is getting better, and if kubiak thinks he can make him good i believe him. There is a reason why he as the first pick in the draft. after passing on vince last year if they draft a qb their first day...... i would already lose faith in kubiaks decisions
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #16
Daonly
Veteran

Quote:
i'm not taking a guy from that offense in the first round. nosir. never.

If you do your research, this guy had all the talent in the world, till he got in trouble at coloradao. He went to a Junco and blew it up! Alot of schools was interested but passed on him cause of his troubles. Hawaii only school that gave him a chance. He wouldnt have been a Heisman Canidate if it was all about Hawaii's Offense. Chang couldnt do what he did there.
Old 12-14-2006   #17
SLO Texan
Veteran

Quote:
The more I read about this guy the more I want him in a Texans uniform. He sounds like he's got an edge about him, that fight til I die kinda mentality.

The next Texans QB needs to have that quality in my opinion. A guy who will go all out for his team, take chances, and make plays happen.

It also sounds like he's got all the physical attributes to play behind our line.
1) He's BIG and can take a hit and still deliver the ball downfield.
2) Has average speed to get out of the pocket & run if needed.
3) And is tall enough to see over his lineman & start making his reads directly after the snap.

At first I was thinking we go after Kolb in the 3rd or 4th or maybe even T.Smith if we traded down to 15 or something. But now I really like the thought of this Russell guy. It sounds like we could even land him with our 2nd rounder depending on who all declares this year.

Regardless I think Kubiak should pick up someone to start grooming behind Carr or whoever ends up starting for us next year.

Go
SLO Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #18
light
Rookie

troy smith is the next slash (cordell stewart) he is going to do a bunch of nothing in the nfl. last year i was saying draft vince, the year before that i was saying derek johnson. this year the best player comming out hands down is adrian peterson. i dont need anyones opinion, because i know.
light is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #19
AndreRulz
Veteran

Send a message via Yahoo to AndreRulz

Quote:
Drew Tate~QB~Iowa~6 foot~200 lbs. or so
he is a very small guy, a gunslinger and too fierce with his teamates.
Old 12-14-2006   #20
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonly View Post
They said the same thing about Texas Tech's offense when Kingsbury was running it. Then BJ Symons came along. Then Sonnie Cumbie came along. Then Graham Herrell came along.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read