Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2006   #1
Mr. B
Rookie

Default Demeco

OK enough about Carr and Vy tired of that.

Was surfing tube today and happened to hit on ESPN right when they were talking about ROY. Normally I don't watch them but I wanted to hear what they had to say.

Of course we all know where this is going and no its not about VY. They tossed out names and of course Reggie was tops on the list. Colston didn't even get any play and they just vaguely tossed in VY. Anyhow one of the reporters brought up Demeco Ryans and tossed out there that he is something like a one man defensive machine. Should he get consideration.

Well it didn't take them more than 2 seconds to come back with a big NO cause he plays defense. The whole rest of the time it was all Reggie and Hester. One of them even said something along the lines of Reggie is the ROY due to his numbers and how he has turned the Saints around this year.

Well I almost hit the floor rolling on that one. Not even a mention of Colston or Henderson, Brees, Duece, or Coach Peyton. It was all Reggie and the reason the Saints are the Team to beat.

So Demeco doesn't get it cause he is defense. Thats about right its all showtime and perception and no substance in the NFL ROY now.

Thank goodness I don't watch to much of the talking bobble heads on ESPN.

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #2
wwffan99tx
Veteran

Rep Power: 10 wwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballotwwffan99tx is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Default Re: Demeco

They award an offensive and a defensive ROY
wwffan99tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #3
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

Let me take a wild guess and say Salisbury was the biggest Bush supporter out there? BTW, I dont want to start controversy (even though its inevitable with these upcoming statements), but Bush's stats are nothing special. Statistically, his rushing stats are nothing special (3.2 YPC, 8 rookie RBs have more rushing yards than Bush). Receiving wise he's doing fine, but he's not even the best rookie WR on his team and his receiving average is far from special. If anyone deserves credit for turning that team around, its Drew Brees and Sean Payton.
Old 12-13-2006   #4
Mr. B
Rookie

No I believe Salsbury said Heston should get it with the other two guys one of whom I believe was Eric Allen saying hands down to Reggie Bush.

The ESPN/Media save face agenda is back on. Hell I would vote VY way before Bush, even though I think Colston should be the winner but I guess his injury and games missed are gonna kill him.

B
Mr. B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #5
Sco-tai
Veteran

Yeah.....there is a Defensive ROY and Offensive ROY.

I would be shocked if RYANS didn't get it for Defense. I mean....other than KO SIMPSON (whom I complained about us not trading up and drafting as a HUGE steal in the 4th) is there anyone that really stands out as Defensive ROY other than Ryans?

I know AJ Hawk has come on strong lately...but anyone else, I can't really think of at this time. Wait....some guys playing for Chicago, right?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 12-13-2006   #6
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco-tai View Post
I know AJ Hawk has come on strong lately...but anyone else, I can't really think of at this time. Wait....some guys playing for Chicago, right?
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mark Anderson, DE for the Bears, who was DeMecos teammate at 'Bama.
He's got 10 sacks as a part time player.
Anybody know what the selction process is for ROY ? Like who does the voting ?
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #7
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by nunusguy View Post
Mark Anderson, DE for the Bears, who was DeMecos teammate at 'Bama.
He's got 10 sacks as a part time player.
Anybody know what the selction process is for ROY ? Like who does the voting ?
And Ernie Simms.

I called Ko Simpson being a stud and I want that on record. I want people eating crow. Bar-b-que at my place. Menu: Crow

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read