Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2006   #1
amazingandre
All Pro

Default Mike Sherman

We need to get rid of him fast...........I live in wisconsin and all i hear about are the frickin packers......well this morning on a talk show they were talking about all time disappointments and grudges that the fans will never let go of. i didnt realize this (cuz im a texans fan) but sherman sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he isnt a good coach and he isnt a good playcaller. i think he is having too much impact on kubiak and it needs to stop......like the prevent defense that the packers did a few years back in the playoffs.........4th and 22 and if they stop the opposing team the advance in the playoffs......but no they didnt cuz of shermans boneheaded prevent...oh man he was almost tarred and feathered haha good stuff anywho........trust me we need to let him go or he will be THE NEXT CASSERLY I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #2
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Mike Sherman

Breathe into a brown paper bag. Relax.
Old 12-13-2006   #3
Big J
Rookie

It really cant be that extreme....or anywhere close to Casserly bad.
Big J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Anybody else hear his name get mentioned as a candidate for the Alabama job on Rich and Marc's show today on 610?
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #5
Texan1
Veteran

Mike Sherman is the least of our worries...
Texan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #6
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72200 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
We need to get rid of him fast...........I live in wisconsin and all i hear about are the frickin packers......well this morning on a talk show they were talking about all time disappointments and grudges that the fans will never let go of. i didnt realize this (cuz im a texans fan) but sherman sux!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!he isnt a good coach and he isnt a good playcaller. i think he is having too much impact on kubiak and it needs to stop......like the prevent defense that the packers did a few years back in the playoffs.........4th and 22 and if they stop the opposing team the advance in the playoffs......but no they didnt cuz of shermans boneheaded prevent...oh man he was almost tarred and feathered haha good stuff anywho........trust me we need to let him go or he will be THE NEXT CASSERLY I PROMISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I generally HATE the prevent D, but 4th and 22 is one of the times that I would use it. Not disagreeing with your main ideas at all here though.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #7
West Texas Texan
Rookie

There was a reason he was run out of green bay. Look at his record there, look at the player morale, his inability to keep the key component players there, to allow the Packers remain contenders on a yearly basis. They went from SB to scrubs in 4 short years. And that happened with Brett Farve, Ahmand Green, top quality receivers, and a decent D.

The offense, especially the OLine, have to come together, like a brotherhood. The O line coach and OC help form that bond. Sherman is too worried about control. The players are constantly worried about being fined for meaningless things. This doesn't promote cohesiveness, it doesn't promote brotherhood, it doesn't promote "team". You never see any of the players joking with Sherman.

Ask any Pittsburgh Steeler of their thoughts of Cowher. comments like "I would go to war for him"......You certainly won't hear that about Sherman.
West Texas Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
DontTreadOnMe
Rookie

uhhh buddy, lets chill out for a second... sherman probably has little to no influence on our defensive schemes... and he isnt that bad of a coach. regardless of how our oline is being perceived, and rightfully so... but the fact of the matter remains that we have had significant injuries to our hogs, and i think sherman's impact would have been seriously felt if all of those guys didnt go down. instead, he is reduced to coaching players who did not have a job 3-5 weeks into the season. lets fire everybody!!!! crap man, i understand being critical and upset about the texans.. but at least be rational about it... at your pace, we'll be talking about canning the water boys because somehow its ALL their fault the texans are not up to your expectations yet.
DontTreadOnMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #9
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazingandre View Post
Down Boy Down
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read