Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2006   #1
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Default Carr wrecked!

Not here to bash Carr, with that said you know I am...

How come when David Carr is interviewed he doesn't mention how they can successfully attack a defense but mentions how they can't throw downfield due to Cover 2 . Not because of injuries to the O-line! Is this the defense of all defenses, David?

I know family is important but maybe when the season is going on David you should be putting more time in your playbook...the QB is the leader and with leadership comes responsibility.

If you are a competitor on any level you can't be so conservative in your approach...even if your coach tells you not to throw deep...if you have confidence in yourself you will look to throw deep anyway...at least look, right?

I remember when Casserly was here, and when he spoke I wanted to barf...and I am getting that same feeling with Carr now. I don't care what we do as long as Carr is gone. Even with drafting:

Joe Thomas OT 1st pick
Michael Bush RB 2nd pick (I know, risky) or Lyle Stedlein C out of (Texas)
Kenny Irons RB 3rd pick (if not Bush in 2nd) if Bush, Kevin Kolb QB (regardless if Carr is still here)
DatTexBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #2
ib4texans
Veteran

Default Re: Carr wrecked!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DatTexBoy View Post
I am...
here to bash Carr.

How come when David Carr is interviewed he doesn't mention how they can successfully attack a defense but mentions how they can't throw downfield due to Cover 2 . Not because of injuries to the O-line! Is this the defense of all defenses, David?

I know family is important but maybe when the season is going on David you should be putting more time in your playbook...the QB is the leader and with leadership comes responsibility.

If you are a competitor on any level you can't be so conservative in your approach...even if your coach tells you not to throw deep...if you have confidence in yourself you will look to throw deep anyway...at least look, right?

I remember when Casserly was here, and when he spoke I wanted to barf...and I am getting that same feeling with Carr now. I don't care what we do as long as Carr is gone. Even with drafting:

Joe Thomas OT 1st pick
Kenny Irons RB 3rd pick (if not Bush in 2nd) if Bush, Kevin Kolb QB (regardless if Carr is still here)

I fixed your thread title for ya!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #3
DatTexBoy
Veteran

From what I have heard on the radio and read on here...I think my comments were quite mild
Old 12-13-2006   #4
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
From what I have heard on the radio and read on here...I think my comments were quite mild

Maybe so, but why preface it with "I'm not here to bash Carr". Go ahead feel free you won't be alone on the board. Just try to make your comments realistic like "why 2 illegal forward passes in a game" vs David Carr lost the game to the Titans in OT.

I noticed your already riding the pine, now I didn't negative rep you but somebody has.
Old 12-13-2006   #5
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Geeeeez... Another freakin' thread about Carr. Lets see how many different threads we can start...

"Carr wrecked" has now been used. whoooohoooooooo!!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #6
DatTexBoy
Veteran

I guess what I saw this past weekend was when Carr goes to the sideline he doesn't look to get better when he returns to the field...he looks like he just got in trouble and runs to the sideline smiling trying to look innocent of a crime...but I see Peyton, Vince, Brady, Romo, Rivers, and others looking at formations and talking to WR's and/or Lineman.

And when I said Not here to bash Carr, with that said "you know I am..."

I ws being upfront with my intentions...but I am not a consistent mb poster that busts Carr chops all the time
Old 12-13-2006   #7
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
I guess what I saw this past weekend was when Carr goes to the sideline he doesn't look to get better when he returns to the field...he looks like he just got in trouble and runs to the sideline smiling trying to look innocent of a crime...but I see Peyton, Vince, Brady, Romo, Rivers, and others looking at formations and talking to WR's and/or Lineman.

And when I said Not here to bash Carr, with that said "you know I am..."

I ws being upfront with my intentions...but I am not a consistent mb poster that busts Carr chops all the time

Yeah! I personally can't figure out what he's got to smile about.(In regards to football).
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
underdog65
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Yeah! I personally can't figure out what he's got to smile about.(In regards to football).
Because he knows that this is his last year in this clown circus.
Old 12-13-2006   #9
Hulk75
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 428 Hulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respectedHulk75 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Not here to bash Carr, with that said you know I am...

Joe Thomas OT 1st pick
here say here say here say here say! Anything with acctuall quotes.

I would like to have Adrian Peterson but yea Joe Thomas if not!
Hulk75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #10
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 212977 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Detroit needs a RB and a QB . Jones has a foot injury but lets say Quinn .

Oakland needs a QB and Gallery ain't doing much

Tampa Bay don't need a back they have Cadilac

Arizona Thomas if he's there ... they don't need a RB or WR . who's the best defensive prospect ?

Texans Adrian Pederson

Round Dan
Honoring Earl 34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #11
kenneth24
Veteran

For people who complain that Carr is laughing on the sidelines the say he's immature and doesn't care about winning are the same people will talk about how Vince is so cool and calm because he was cracking jokes in the huddle. You can't have it both ways.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #12
DatTexBoy
Veteran

Just about everything that is read is based off heresay from someone one way or the other....I'm not like some on here that take quotes from other web sites or the radio or newspaper and come into the message boards as their "own original" thoughts! And to say or to try and belittle what I think just because you have an alternate opinion is ludacris and quite immature. Yeah I could fall into the trap of getting into an mb arguement with you but to allow a pee-un to trap me into that would be insulting myself...that said, Carr still is inadaquate in a Texans uniform...wish him well esle where but he has run his course. www.footballsfuture.com has some excellent info about drafts and free agents....check it out!
Old 12-14-2006   #13
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
I don't care what we do as long as Carr is gone.
Might as well go find another team, Carr's not going anywhere. Sorry to burst your hatred... I mean bubble.
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #14
dantem
Veteran

Quote:
Just about everything that is read is based off heresay from someone one way or the other....I'm not like some on here that take quotes from other web sites or the radio or newspaper and come into the message boards as their "own original" thoughts! And to say or to try and belittle what I think just because you have an alternate opinion is ludacris and quite immature. Yeah I could fall into the trap of getting into an mb arguement with you but to allow a pee-un to trap me into that would be insulting myself...that said, Carr still is inadaquate in a Texans uniform...wish him well esle where but he has run his course. www.footballsfuture.com has some excellent info about drafts and free agents....check it out!
A man can BS others all day, and get away with it. But when he starts believing his own Bull******* he's headed for major dissapointment. Carr
will still be here next year, will you?
dantem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #15
kenneth24
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dantem View Post
A man can BS others all day, and get away with it. But when he starts believing his own Bull******* he's headed for major dissapointment. Carr
will still be here next year, will you?

I will be rooting for the Texans! with or without Carr. If Carr goes, make sure its an upgrade at QB otherwise why spend the money on one position when there are many holes to plug. If you can upgrade then lets get it done. Jake the Snake is not a upgrade for the price.
kenneth24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #16
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenneth24 View Post

I will be rooting for the Texans! with or without Carr. If Carr goes, make sure its an upgrade at QB otherwise why spend the money on one position when there are many holes to plug. If you can upgrade then lets get it done. Jake the Snake is not a upgrade for the price.

Spoken for the Truth!
Old 12-15-2006   #17
DatTexBoy
Veteran

I understand being a fanatic about your team...but the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing expecting a different result...and the mainstay since Capers, Casserly, Palmer left has been Carr.
Old 12-15-2006   #18
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I understand being a fanatic about your team...but the definition of insanity is to continue doing the same thing expecting a different result...and the mainstay since Capers, Casserly, Palmer left has been Carr.
Exactly....

Kind of like the people that started ~800 threads about Carr, and yet none offers anything new....:brickwall
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read