Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2006   #1
DC Texan
Rookie

Default Opinions on Dayne....

In my opinion, he is your best option at running back. The man is a beast when healthy. Lundy is a good compliment, but Dayne should definitely be your number one back.
DC Texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #2
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Opinions on Dayne....

he's a nice back up...but not an NFL caliber starting rb.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #3
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
Couldn't be stated any more perfect than that.
Old 12-13-2006   #4
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 10969 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I agree Vinny. Who do you think we should target as a starter for our team?
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #5
DC Texan
Rookie

I think a few more games and you will change your mind.
Old 12-13-2006   #6
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

Dayne lacks the passion to be a starting back, and it visible most of the time. He is good at times, but has never lived up to his hype. There is no reason he shouldn't be a Jerome Bettis back. Has more speed than Bettis had. Great feet like Bettis, and cuts like him too. The biggest difference is desire.
Old 12-13-2006   #7
Trenches
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tejano View Post
I agree Vinny. Who do you think we should target as a starter for our team?
Michael Turner. Although I bet the Giants are thinking he will take over the seed role for Tiki once he is gone.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
DC Texan
Rookie

I don't think desire is the problem. Desire got him moved from third string running back at the end of last season with the Broncos to a starter going into training camp this year. Turf Toe or should I say foot got him knocked out of training camp and eventually off the team. When he came to Texas he was still battling turf toe but was rushed in the line up. I am not making excuses for him but you can see the difference when he is healthy.
Old 12-13-2006   #9
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trenches View Post
Michael Turner. Although I bet the Giants are thinking he will take over the seed role for Tiki once he is gone.
Brandon Jacobs ?
Old 12-13-2006   #10
Trenches
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtruroyaltyx View Post
Brandon Jacobs ?
I dont think they consider him an every down back. Probably want somebody more multi-dimensional to go along with him.
Trenches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #11
DC Texan
Rookie

Dayne wasn't a total bust in New York either. He did fail in taking the starting role from Tikki, but he did manage to become one of the leading rookie running backs (yardage) in Giants history. Demanding to be traded and skipping training camp is what got him deactivated from their roster.
Old 12-13-2006   #12
rockabilly
Veteran

Rep Power: 432 rockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respectedrockabilly is a quality contributor and well respected

I think we should keep Dayne on. He looks good. We should still hit the draft for a starting caliber back...but like someone said earlier, he should be our Jerome Bettis. We just need to find a Willie Parker.
rockabilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #13
DC Texan
Rookie

True
Old 12-13-2006   #14
Yankee_In_TX
Dance Lindsay!

Rep Power: 10048 Yankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respectedYankee_In_TX is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Yankee_In_TX
Cool Re: Opinions on Dayne....

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockabilly View Post
I think we should keep Dayne on. He looks good. We should still hit the draft for a starting caliber back...but like someone said earlier, he should be our Jerome Bettis. We just need to find a Willie Parker.
Lunday, given time, may be that back. He needs to learn to run smarter.
Only fan in Ohio in 2002 :) Glad I moved to Texas!
117 C BullPen
Sigh.
Yankee_In_TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #15
DayneBum
Rookie

ron Dayne is a starting rb, he should be and will be. A healthy Ron Dayne is a beast. The guy plays with a chip on his shoulder. He's the type of back that needs 25-30 carries a game, not 5 carries every 3-4 series. What rb is not statring material needing 25-30 carries a game. If he never got hurt in the begining of the season, he would still be in Denver as the starting rb. As a matter of fact there is a big chance he will be back in denver next year.
DayneBum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #16
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 108115 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

I have been pleasantly surprised out of what we have gotten from him, the last two weeks. But how long will that last?? Buffets all around Houston are starting to close down, so he may want out....
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #17
Malloy
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 10235 Malloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respectedMalloy is a quality contributor and well respected

I just like the fact that he whammed Daniels in the endzone against the Titans. He were going forward alright, that's heart in my book.
Old 12-13-2006   #18
DayneBum
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I have been pleasantly surprised out of what we have gotten from him, the last two weeks. But how long will that last?? Buffets all around Houston are starting to close down, so he may want out....
it's so funny how people joke about dayne's weight, when not once in his entire career he has been fined or showed up to camp overweight, or out of shape.
Old 12-13-2006   #19
DayneBum
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Texan View Post
I think a few more games and you will change your mind.
Every Texan fan will have changed there minds...watch and see. But i agree with u 100%
Old 12-13-2006   #20
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 154151 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by DayneBum View Post
ron Dayne is a starting rb, he should be and will be.
He is on his third NFL team and can't keep a starting job

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read