Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2006   #1
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default solace

Through all of the pain that we experienced Sundy, I think that some small consolation can be found in the fact that the Titans are still Bud's team, and in all of his years of ownership, either through bad luck or bad decisions, he has yet to WIN the SB.

It's a small thing to hold onto, but I'll take the loss last Sunday in the knowledge that despite our slow start, the Texans and Mr. McNair will still WIN the SB in much less time that it will take Bud.

Last edited by Silver Oak; 12-13-2006 at 08:27 AM.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #2
texaslifter
Veteran

Default Re: solace

hate to break the news to ya, but buds team has been to the super bowl
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #3
real

Super Bowl XXXIV

On January 30th, 2000, at the Georgia Dome in Atlanta, Dick Vermeil's St. Louis Rams beat Jeff Fisher's Tennessee Titans, 23-16, in Super Bowl 34. The leader of "The Greatest Show on Turf," Kurt Warner had a record 414 passing yards and 2 touchdowns, taking home Super Bowl Thirty-Four's MVP. Isaac Bruce and Torry Holt snagged a touchdown a piece, while Marshal Faulk caught 5 balls for 90 yards. A record nine players caught passes for the Rams. Eddie George and Steve McNair led the Titans offense. Frank Wycheck and Isaac Byrd caught balls to keep the Titans' final drive alive, but Kevin Dyson was tackled on the one-yard-line by Mike Jones as time expired, sealing the Ram win.
http://www.superbowlhistory.net/superbowl/2000s.php

please tell me you remember this.....
Old 12-13-2006   #4
real

Kinda makes me wonder about you silver.....
Old 12-13-2006   #5
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Let me restate by saying never WON.

All else still applies.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #6
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Let me restate by saying never WON.

All else still applies.

I'll let you make it....
Old 12-13-2006   #7
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by caddy View Post
Too funny.. they almost won, came-in second in the Super bowl.
That would make them the first loser, right?
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
That would make them the first loser, right?
Sure - and we wouldn't want that for the Texans, would we?
Old 12-13-2006   #9
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 79376 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslifter View Post
hate to break the news to ya, but buds team has been to the super bowl
Read a little more carefully.... He said "WIN" a Sb and I for one, do take solice in knowing that Bud came up 1 yard short!!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #10
brewhaus
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner View Post
Sure - and we wouldn't want that for the Texans, would we?
I have to keep believing, even though I haven't seen it yet, that we are better than the Titans. Ownership-wise, coaching-wise and player-wise.
Old 12-13-2006   #11
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 52069 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewhaus View Post
I have to keep believing, even though I haven't seen it yet, that we are better than the Titans. Ownership-wise, coaching-wise and player-wise.
Ownership -- YES

Coaching -- I don't know....that Titans HC is pretty good.

Players -- I gotta say No. Almost, but no.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #12
real

Quote:
Originally Posted by HJam72 View Post
Ownership -- YES

Bob McNair doesn't have as long as a track record, but at this point Adams gets the nod from me....
Old 12-13-2006   #13
Runner
Hubcap Diamond

Rep Power: 25614 Runner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respectedRunner is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Just ask a titan fan how it felt, to lose on Superbowl Sunday. 1st loser.. covers it.
OK. Then I'll ask them if they are glad they have an AFC Championship, or if they would have traded that championship for a 2-14 record and first pick in the draft that year.

Old 12-13-2006   #14
swoldier
Rookie

Quote:
Just ask a titan fan how it felt, to lose on Superbowl Sunday. 1st loser.. covers it.
I think AFC Champs sounds much better than 1st loser. I would love to have that title for the Texans 1st loser or AFC Camps its all the same.

EDIT:
Seems i was beat to the punch on the AFC champs thing i hadnt read all the way down.

Last edited by swoldier; 12-13-2006 at 09:12 AM. Reason: Didnt read all the way down
swoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 41089 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

This whole thread seems like a way to displace our frustration onto old news. Who cares what happened to the Titans?

They swept us this year, which means they are the better team, which means that nothing else matters.
Old 12-13-2006   #16
Sarg01
Hall of Fame

How many years was that franchise into its existence before making it to the SB and losing? I think it's a little early to say that the Texans don't have a shot at outdoing the Titans.
Sarg01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 109004 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Through all of the pain that we experienced Sundy, I think that some small consolation can be found in the fact that the Titans are still Bud's team, and in all of his years of ownership, either through bad luck or bad decisions, he has yet to WIN the SB.

It's a small thing to hold onto, but I'll take the loss last Sunday in the knowledge that despite our slow start, the Texans and Mr. McNair will still WIN the SB in much less time that it will take Bud.

That's no solace....I was in Nashville when the Oilers/Titans went to the Super Bowl. That was one of the finest SB's ever and McNair's last drive was historic...well, almost historic except for the fact that Dyson has no YAC abilities. Bud also won the first two AFL championships.

I just wish our franchise was that bad.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #18
POWERBALL
Rookie

Quote:

MY THOUGHTS EXACTLY...GO TEXANS AND HECK WITH THE REST OF THE LEAGUE
POWERBALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #19
TNTitan
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarg01 View Post
How many years was that franchise into its existence before making it to the SB and losing? I think it's a little early to say that the Texans don't have a shot at outdoing the Titans.
Titans were what? Guessing? Around for 40 years before going to the SB and losing. So you all have 35 more years before becoming first looser
TNTitan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read