Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-13-2006   #1
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 51932 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default I like Peyton Manning.

There, I said it. It feels good to get it off my chest. I hear a lot of people claiming they hate him, and therefore hate both the Colts and the Giants.
Why? Once we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs, whats the point in maintaining a hate over the division rival we have no rivalry with?

I think Peyton is probably the best mechanics QB to ever play the game, and I just hope he can find a way to win a superbowl sometime in his career.

Maybe his little brother was a whiner. Maybe his dad was behind it. But how can you blame Peyton for that?

And the commercials for NFL--true, they may be getting a little old. But how can you not enjoy them?
-The mustache one
-The "cut that meat"
-etc
I mean, aren't those better than the ridiculously over the top dramatic 'people turning into demons which turn into rain drops which turn into bullets which dunk basketballs' and then a shoe pops up commercials?

I hope I don't get flamed for this, but I just thought I'd share my dirty little secret.
Old 12-13-2006   #2
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: I like Peyton Manning.

I like the big head commercial.......

But I'm a Peyton fan, and I don't care who knows it.

At the same time, I hope we can be what the Patriots have been to Peyton. A torn in his side.
Old 12-13-2006   #3
texaslifter
Veteran

If you don't like Peyton, you don't like football. Its like basketball fans claiming to hate Michael Jordan. He's just entertaining to watch - I can understand not wanting to root for the colts, but you can't deny the guy is a machine.

I agree on the sentiment that I think it would be an absolute shame if he never gets a ring. He deserves it. I just hope he gets exactly 2 losses every season the rest of his career.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #4
Texans86
All Pro

I try so stinkin' hard not to like the guy...but I can't do it. He's an amazing quarterback, and his commercials are hilarious. Man I wish I had just a small percentage of his money.
Old 12-13-2006   #5
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

I like him too...my dad is a Volunteer so he has always liked him and the Colts and it has rubbed off on me.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #6
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 1061 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

He is a bad arse QB but I find a way to hate him. The commercials do it for me, I think. Annoying at this point.
Old 12-13-2006   #7
ib4texans
Veteran

I like Peyton, I think his commercials humanize him and make him more personable. It takes a truly big individual to poke a little fun at himself. The only thing I have not respected about Peyton is he throws the O-line under the bus too often.
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
I like Peyton, I think his commercials humanize him and make him more personable. It takes a truly big individual to poke a little fun at himself. The only thing I have not respected about Peyton is he throws the O-line under the bus too often.
Well thats pretty much the only thing on his offense that needs fixin'.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #9
pittbull
All Pro

Send a message via AIM to pittbull

I tell you what, many don't like the guy and feel he can't win the big one, but there is no QB better to see live! I have seen him everytime he has come to Reliant, In Pittsburgh, and I have gone to see the Texans at the RCA Dome. Watching him is like watching poetry in motion. There is no one better in the business. No one better for preparation. Just go early and watch him workout with Harrison and Wayne. It's like watching a perfectly designed Army Drill. Flat out beautiful!
Old 12-13-2006   #10
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i love the guy. efficiency is a beautiful thing from the quarterback position, and he defines that.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #11
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

People not liking Peyton Manning is proof that you're not going to be liked by everybody.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #12
The Dream
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 0 The Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of FamerThe Dream is a Hall of Famer

Peyton Manning is as exciting as anyone to watch in football....I've always been a fan of his.
The Dream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #13
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 16683 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Oh Peyton's a joy to watch...unless he's against a 3-4 D...still the best in the league hands down.

"Lets go insurance adjusters, lets go!"
Old 12-13-2006   #14
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 195251 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Remember when Peyton came into the league?? Everybody thought being in the shadow of Archie Manning was going to be impossible for Peyton to find what could be called success. No matter what he did, no matter how many yards he's thrown, TDs he was responsible for, games he won....... he was always going to be Archie's boy.

Now his lil brother has an even bigger shadow to crawl out from under.

That's amazing.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read