Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-13-2006   #1
CodeBlue
Rookie

Default to all the texan fans

i hate to say this but i am really, really disappointed in the fans of this organization. i went to a texans game this year, that we won btw, and left heartbroken. i thought that texas was supposed to be the football mecha of the US. what i came to realize is that u have no idea wtf is goin on; the constant booing, the calling of a QBs head that has played well for what he has to play with and the all around moral of the fans.

i recently read a post that involved a boycott on supporting the team until they perform. thats just horrible. y would u ever stop supporting something u care about? because they haven't done anything for u lately?

when u boo, know what ur booing about. i heard a stadium full of boos when we didnt go for it on 4th and 2 inside our own 20 with 5:00 left in the second!!!!! really? come on. how many time has bellicheck or shannohan done that? when u boo, the players hear it. and dont think that for a second that doesn't effect the players mentallity. u r part of the reason they are out there, and when one of the elements that drives them turns on them, what do u expect them to do? learn the game before u make a reaction!

no wonder bud took the other team elsewhere. if u dont have support u dont have a franchise. they go where the money is because thats what keeps them goin. i would not want a team in a city that hears nothing but negativity. so if u want to have another team leave keep it up!!!

I AM CALLING U OUT TEXAN FANS!!!! dont let this franchise be a joke anymore. support it, know it and repsect it because if not u will be where we were when bud took the oilers away. CHEER HARDER THAN U EVER HAVE BEFORE AND LOVE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE IMPROVING! !! because i have cheered twice as many times than i did last year and we hae some young awesome talent on this team. we will be good but only with the support of the true fan thats there no matter what!
CodeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #2
YellerLotYeller
nice marmot

Rep Power: 188 YellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respectedYellerLotYeller is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: to all the texan fans

Uh....thanks for the generalization.
YellerLotYeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #3
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Sigh, another one of these "I can't belive everyone doesn't support your hometown team blindly no matter how much you might personally disagree with what they have done over the past 5 years" types of fans.

We pay the bills at reliant, we spend our time watching the games, we are entitled to show our disapointment with a perrenial loser.

You can't fault a city for wanting results after 5 years of promises and 5 years of building.

If the organization didn't make so many boneheaded moves, it wouldn't be so hard.
Old 12-13-2006   #4
Texas_Thrill
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Texas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballotTexas_Thrill is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superstar View Post
Now I understand this post because of your avatar. It explains everything in fine print. BTW GTexan02 said it perfectly!
HILARIOUS & agree with GTexan02.
Old 12-13-2006   #5
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post
i hate to say this but i am really, really disappointed in the fans of this organization. i went to a texans game this year, that we won btw, and left heartbroken. i thought that texas was supposed to be the football mecha of the US. what i came to realize is that u have no idea wtf is goin on; the constant booing, the calling of a QBs head that has played well for what he has to play with and the all around moral of the fans.

i recently read a post that involved a boycott on supporting the team until they perform. thats just horrible. y would u ever stop supporting something u care about? because they haven't done anything for u lately?

when u boo, know what ur booing about. i heard a stadium full of boos when we didnt go for it on 4th and 2 inside our own 20 with 5:00 left in the second!!!!! really? come on. how many time has bellicheck or shannohan done that? when u boo, the players hear it. and dont think that for a second that doesn't effect the players mentallity. u r part of the reason they are out there, and when one of the elements that drives them turns on them, what do u expect them to do? learn the game before u make a reaction!

no wonder bud took the other team elsewhere. if u dont have support u dont have a franchise. they go where the money is because thats what keeps them goin. i would not want a team in a city that hears nothing but negativity. so if u want to have another team leave keep it up!!!

I AM CALLING U OUT TEXAN FANS!!!! dont let this franchise be a joke anymore. support it, know it and repsect it because if not u will be where we were when bud took the oilers away. CHEER HARDER THAN U EVER HAVE BEFORE AND LOVE THE FACT THAT THEY ARE IMPROVING! !! because i have cheered twice as many times than i did last year and we hae some young awesome talent on this team. we will be good but only with the support of the true fan thats there no matter what!
OK, so are you Bud Adams or Jerry Glanville?

Actually, I agree with you at least some.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #6
ROCKY
Rookie

I hate that this always comes back to Carr (btw dont judge me by my avatar, it is there solely to aggravate all the whiners). Anyone who has gone to the games has seen that the fans are so down on the team that they over-react to any false move, no matter how big or small.

You DO pay the bills at Reliant, and you DO have a right to be frustrated with the missteps this organization has made. But the overall negativity of the fans is sabotaging the team. This team is packed with very young guys who are affected by the boos. As much as you may hate DC, all the young talent on this team, mario, meco, aj, all of those guys are gonna be part of this team for awhile (hopefully), they have played their guts out and they deserve the support of the fans, period.

When this team amped up 5-years ago, we were given props for the great atmosphere at Reliant, and as a result the players played their hearts out for the city, anyone who has followed the team remember a sub-standard Texans team hanging with teams that most in the media did'nt feel we even belonged on the same field with (dynasty-era patriots, The Titans when McNair was in his prime).

You would hear the players talk of "Texan Pride", and it's sad that does'nt seem to exist here anymore, with the fans or the players.
ROCKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #7
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, we won 4 games our first year. And now (4 years later)....hey, we still have 4 wins!!!!

Anybody else use one of these cheering type smilies this week? Didn't think so.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

I'll boycott the team unless they lose every game and draft Joe Thomas. I'll get Joe Thomas' jersey and wear it to Reliant when he plays there against the Texans. I bet I won't be the only one.

The Texans missing out on Joe Thomas will be talked about for years. We'll be the laughingstock of the league.

***edit***

This is a joke. For the sarcasm impaired....This is the same argument that was made for Bush and Young this past offseason.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.

Last edited by Mr. White; 12-13-2006 at 01:25 PM.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #9
ROCKY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
I'll boycott the team unless they lose every game and draft Joe Thomas. I'll get Joe Thomas' jersey and wear it to Reliant when he plays there against the Texans. I bet I won't be the only one.

The Texans missing out on Joe Thomas will be talked about for years. We'll be the laughingstock of the league.
WOW, I hope your joking. why dont you throw a tantrum, it is befitting of a crybaby such as yourself. Maybe you should have threatened your boycott several weeks ago, Im sure Kubes & Co. would have gladly laid down so one whiny fan could have his way.
Old 12-13-2006   #10
Texan_Bill 
Subscribed Contributor

Section: Bull Pen!!
Rep Power: 140889 Texan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respectedTexan_Bill is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeBlue View Post

I hear where you are coming from but:
a) you mentioned making it to 'a' game this year. You probably should make it to more than 1 game before generalizing "Texans Fans"
b) you probably need to sit in the Bull Pen before generalizing "Texans Fans"
c) this is far from the first city to boo an offense that is under performing
d) Bud took the team elsewhere because the city leaders did not feel it was in the city's best interest to take on more debt for a "new" stadium when the city was still in debt from the "renovations" to the Dome that he held us hostage for with the then threats of moving the team to Jacksonville.

I am not picking on your post, I just wish you would NOT generalize fans!!
Texan_Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #11
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKY View Post
WOW, I hope your joking. why dont you throw a tantrum, it is befitting of a crybaby such as yourself. Maybe you should have threatened your boycott several weeks ago, Im sure Kubes & Co. would have gladly laid down so one whiny fan could have his way.
Tune up your sarcasm detector.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #12
ROCKY
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Battle Red Bull View Post
Tune up your sarcasm detector.
It's on the fritz, I may be a bit shellshocked from all the negativity.
Old 12-13-2006   #13
OrangeCountyTexansFan
Veteran

Kubiak came in, and I guess some of the dumber fans just expected us to make the playoffs. Despite the fact that we now have a defensive front that can control the run a lot better, keeping games close, a team that has shown improvements over last year even with a mediocre running game, some fans are ready to axe Kubiak even though he is getting things turned around. Rome was not built in a day, and neither is a football program.
The only people I ever boo are officials when they blow easy calls. I don't boo players because even the worst players are doing something I will never be able to do -- namely play pro football. The armchair QBs can all claim that they know how to turn things around, but most of the time their opinions are nothing more than a pile of ******.
I believe that the next draft will shut some of you up. Until the person you want them to pick turns out to not be as good in the pros as they were in college and then you'll all start bitching and moaning about Bush and Young again like a bunch of pansy losers.
Should Carr be playing better? Yes, but even if you are a fool you have to admit he is doing better than last year with that miserable O-line we still have. But a good running game, that we have never really had, would solve part of that problem. If we do get rid of Carr, don't be surprised if you go through four more years of heartache and rebuilding. Not everyone is a Vince Young. And Young is just a flash in the pan anyway. He keeps running like that and he'll end up getting hurt by someone like Urlacher (sp?) in the next few years and then he too will be one dimensional.
I hope to see a good running back brought in during the draft and a good safety. With that I believe we win six maybe seven games next season. And that is because I predict realistically.
Take a tip from Axel Rose, and have a little patience. Yeah, yeah. Just a little patience.

Oh yeah. As for the booing on forth down when we don't go for it on our own 20-yardline? Stop being so stupid. CodeBlue is right. No coach is that stupid.
Old 12-13-2006   #14
fhlh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyTexansFan View Post
Kubiak came in, and I guess some of the dumber fans just expected us to make the playoffs..
Guess we'll just wait another 5 years....
fhlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #15
SESupergenius

really, what was everyone expectations after a 2-14 seasons, a complete coaching change, gutted the fat from the team, and fired the GM? Were we to go to the playoffs or something?
Old 12-13-2006   #16
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SESupergenius View Post
really, what was everyone expectations after a 2-14 seasons, a complete coaching change, gutted the fat from the team, and fired the GM? Were we to go to the playoffs or something?

I thought 6 wins. I think when the dust settles it will be 5 now. I work with a guy that is a "fan of the wind". If the team wins, they are playoff bound. If they lose, they won't win another game. It is even funnier during baseball season because it is a day-to-day occurance.
Old 12-13-2006   #17
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think many are dissapointed because they bought into Carr is an elite QB and VY would take 4 years to grasp an NFL offense (you guys don't listen to me much do you?)....obviously, that didn't happen and I think there is a backlash. Other than that, I think most of us understood this was a 4-6 win team.....but now that it looks like we need a QB, the fans aren't happy about it.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #18
houstonhurricane
All Pro

Rep Power: 938 houstonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonhurricane is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Ask the Saints fans...

As for us, five or six wins was realistic; however, the most difficult aspect is not the record as much the regression of the team from the beginning of the season to the latter part - that is extremely troubling.
Old 12-13-2006   #19
CodeBlue
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texan_Bill View Post
I hear where you are coming from but:
a) you mentioned making it to 'a' game this year. You probably should make it to more than 1 game before generalizing "Texans Fans"
b) you probably need to sit in the Bull Pen before generalizing "Texans Fans"
c) this is far from the first city to boo an offense that is under performing
d) Bud took the team elsewhere because the city leaders did not feel it was in the city's best interest to take on more debt for a "new" stadium when the city was still in debt from the "renovations" to the Dome that he held us hostage for with the then threats of moving the team to Jacksonville.

I am not picking on your post, I just wish you would NOT generalize fans!!
well its kinda hard to make it to more than one game when i live no where near texas. i can afford to go to one game a year being the poor college student i am. but i do have the sunday ticket and watch everygame. i hear alot of booing and negativity. u can boo an offense but not every drive that does not result in a TD.

keep booing and see if we have guys like AJ and DD for long. kubes will turn this franchise around, just give him time. we gave capers 4 years b4 they finnally axed him.

sry if i offended anyone on the original post, i was not generalizing. i am just noticing that negativity is a cancer and it spreads and eventually kills moral. boo when appropraite and respect whats goin on.

look at the positives, the line is still not good but its improving. AJ is leading the league in RC, OD is promising demeco is kickin...well u know, DD will be back next year(hopefully) and we have won more games than last year. i know those are all goin to get turned around on me but hey i am tryin to think of something to keep my moral up for next year.

GO TEXANS!!!
CodeBlue is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read