Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2006   #1
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default how many people like Dre

me, i love andre johnson, he will be one of the best in the next couple years, i know hes got a whole lot of people hatin on him, but he will learn to catch with his hands, it will come in time, he should have already got it, but its ok, never to late to learn

so just wonderin how many people got love for dre, and want him to be a texans forever?

p.s. i love the houston texans
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: how many people like Dre

I don't know why anyone would/should hate on AJ...he's our best player!!

Hopefully he sticks around long enough to be a part of a winning team, though.
Old 12-12-2006   #3
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Rep Power: 2075 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

the reason i made this thread, is cuz theres alot of hate about andre catchin with his body, and people wantin him to get traded
Old 12-12-2006   #4
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunta23 View Post
the reason i made this thread, is cuz theres alot of hate about andre catchin with his body, and people wantin him to get traded
Thats the first I've heard of this. I'd trade AJ when .
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5
Bongo59
Veteran

as an opposing fan i think he is skilled..........but i dont think he is tough enough..............that third down toss that he just laid down for AJones............i dont know..........that bothered me as a football fan...........and i dont think he gives it his all all the time..................
Bongo59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #6
hot pickle
Canada Eh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bongo59 View Post
as an opposing fan i think he is skilled..........but i dont think he is tough enough..............that third down toss that he just laid down for AJones............i dont know..........that bothered me as a football fan...........and i dont think he gives it his all all the time..................
i think it kinda has to do with the teams losing mind mentality

but thats still not a good excuse i know, but you can't really blame him
Old 12-13-2006   #7
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
I think AJ is great.

But he used to catch the ball with his hands & I dont know why he changed his technique. Catching the ball with your body is a recipe for a lot of drops.

Two guys who do this now are Andre Johnson & Terrell Owens and I would bet that they are #1 & #2 in dropped passes this year.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Dr. Dre
Old 12-13-2006   #9
valleytexfan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 275 valleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respectedvalleytexfan is a quality contributor and well respected

I like Dre. I wasn't one who "Forgot about Dre." Corny. I know.
valleytexfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #10
Ckw

I think Andre is a great receiver and I definitely would like him to stay with the team. The only thing I question about him is his heart and motivation. If he wants to play here and turn the Texans into a winning franchise, then I definitely say we keep him. But if he is just going to leave the second he gets the chance, then I say we strike while his stock is high.
Old 12-13-2006   #11
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

I like him, but he doesn't seem to use his big strong body to shield defenders from the ball like Moulds does.

Also I don't view him as a very physical receiver, he hasn't broke the big one yet this year by running over CBs and doesn't seem to be making much YAC.

just my .02
Old 12-13-2006   #12
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

The reason dre doesn't have the stats he should, IMO, is because every team we play knows his big play capabilities so they put him in all kinds of strange coverages. they know that as long as they've got dre locked, and daniels covered, we can not move the ball.

if the texans cut, trade, or simply let go of andre, i'll have a hard time supporting the team.
Old 12-13-2006   #13
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 561 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

He sometimes reminds me of T.O. in how physically imposing he can be with small and average size CB's.

That said, he needs to stop the drops.
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #14
19-10
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerfulDragon View Post
The reason dre doesn't have the stats he should, IMO, is because every team we play knows his big play capabilities so they put him in all kinds of strange coverages. they know that as long as they've got dre locked, and daniels covered, we can not move the ball.

if the texans cut, trade, or simply let go of andre, i'll have a hard time supporting the team.
I like him enough but no one needs to worry he is here as long as he wants to be. No team would cut Dre, that's absurd
Old 12-13-2006   #15
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Well, he does drop passes. I think I'd cut him before I'd cut Carr.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #16
nunusguy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 185 nunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respectednunusguy is a quality contributor and well respected

AJ is a tremendous physical speciman with superior athletic skills who is underachieving, who's onfield production is short of expectations.
Last year was a throw away since he was injured much of the time, but his determination and aggresivenss this year is not what it was in his 2004 pro bowl season. I dunno what that's about ?
And his dropped balls are almost inexcusable given the critical game time conditions many of his miscues have occured. He is definitely not among the
elite NFL receivers, though he clearly is our best offensive player.
nunusguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #17
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Quote:
me, i love andre johnson, he will be one of the best in the next couple years, i know hes got a whole lot of people hatin on him, but he will learn to catch with his hands, it will come in time, he should have already got it, but its ok, never to late to learn

so just wonderin how many people got love for dre, and want him to be a texans forever?

I love him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #18
Hervoyel
The Right Track

Rep Power: 297041 Hervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respectedHervoyel is a quality contributor and well respected

That's right, it's never too late to learn how to catch the ball

Signed- Corey Bradford.

Now granted that was kind of harsh but Andre Johnson is what he is. He's going to drop some passes but he's also going to make some plays for you too. I can't help but think that if he wasn't catching everything within 5 yards of the line of scrimmage he'd be having a bigger impact and making more plays for us. That would offset his "negative side" which is the 1-3 dropped balls per game it seems like. Those are easier to swallow when he's doing some damage to the defense and scoring some points.

You notice the negative more these days because Andre is hobbled by this joke of an offense. We might as well have Corey and Jabbar at WR if we're going to play football like we do now. It's not like it would make any difference.
I for one hope this changes next season and we can see at least a reasonable facsimilie of a pro passing game.
Old 12-13-2006   #19
kingh99

Quote:

Skill position players are at there peak the first 4 years in the league. When people talk about someone learning the position 3 years into it I gotta correct you. He could be gone tomorrow and I wouldn't care one way or the other. I would expect the dummies in the front office to get value.
Old 12-13-2006   #20
SESupergenius

Andre catches the ball alot with his body because that's where Carr puts it the majority of the time. One thing about Carr that I've been saying since we drafted him is that he needed to learn how to place the ball. Brett Farve was notorious for doing the same thing as Carr and they are very similar in the velocity of their balls, but Farve has learned to take some heat off and place the ball in the hands of the recievers when he needs to. AJ doesn't however strike fear into any defense because he not that physical and really doesn't win the battles too often. The Bills just rolled over him like he was 3rd rate receiver.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read