Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-12-2006   #1
CyberTexan
Veteran

Default Draft Picks for 2007

If you guys where asked to pick for the Texans 1st round pick this year who would it be out of quarterbacks and running backs ?

If we take a QB in the 1st which I hope not because I think we need a running back I think my QB pick would be myself out of the
QBs I like Notre Dames Brady Quinn

running backs ( which I think the 1st round should go to )
I like Adrian Peterson out of Oklahoma

I really like the BIG Backs so I also like the Other Bush, Michael Bush, RB Louisville at 6'3" 250 lbs

what about you ?

Last edited by CyberTexan; 12-12-2006 at 10:54 PM.
CyberTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Draft Picks for 2007

QB- non in the first (non are worth an early 1st round)
RB- Easy to come by (take a guy from a good school in the 2nd or 3rd, and get the next frank gore, the dude is sick)

but i would just take the BPA in the 1st and hope he turns into a stud

Joe Thomas anyone?
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #3
Brandon420tx
Flounder

Rep Power: 13034 Brandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respectedBrandon420tx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to Brandon420tx

So QB Brady Quinn
and RB Adrian Peterson

.... Huzzah for ESPN hype, I want Leon Hall, he was funny at the all-pro thing.
Old 12-12-2006   #4
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

QB - I don't take one first round with this crop. The two I see as being the best NFL QB's aren't ready to play and have some big questions. Russell and Smith. Bohm is the wildcard if he declares.

RB - I personally like Michael Bush and Kenneth Darby and Garrett Wolfe. AP is overrated but will be a good back, but not worth his pick IMO. Irons is falling fast. Lynch is the wildcard here.
Old 12-12-2006   #5
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 69450 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

None.

OL or DB only for me please.

If I had to choose I would take Russell for QB cuz he has the most potential I think.

At RB, Peterson.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #6
phantom17
#1 Fan in RGV!

Rep Power: 1292 phantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respectedphantom17 is a quality contributor and well respected

DT-Branch seems good to me, pair him with Mario on the strong side-could become a great duo! Or FS-Landry I also like! Damn, we have alot of holes to fill unfortunately, I don't think we can fill them all next year, but D should get more help- CB, FS, DT, & LB! Also, if Troy Smith falls to the second rd, the Texans should get & groom him until Carr's contracts end! We need a QB who can throw or run for his life effectively! We don't need a stiff, slow QB with our O Line, just to place a bulls eye sign on his chest! GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by phantom17; 12-13-2006 at 04:17 AM.
phantom17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #7
hot pickle
السلام عليكم

Rep Power: 2074 hot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respectedhot pickle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom17 View Post
DT-Branch seems good to me, pair him with Mario on the strong side-could become a great duo! Or FS-Landry I also like! Damn, we have alot of holes to fill unfortunately, I don't think we can fill them all next year, but D should get more help- CB, FS, DT, & LB! Also, if Troy Smith falls to the second rd, the Texans should get & groom him until Carr's contracts end! We need a QB who can throw or run for his life effectively! We don't need a stiff, slow QB with our O Line, just to place a bulls eye sign on his chest! GO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hes a big boy thats for sure, although i like smaller DT, like Darnell Dockett, but Branch is a big dude, and put him beside mario and get branch to try to get mario guy distracted, and mario comes in for the kill

but whatever helps the team, and makes an impact right off the start, like DeMeco i'll be happy
hot pickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
real

At this point I'm not sure what I want the Texans to do....There are so many options, and so many holes to fill....

I wouldn't mind trading back to about 13-17 and picking up Poslunzsky from P.State, and grabing which ever Safety falls to us in the second(Griffin,Landry,Nelson,Merriweather)

I think it just depends on how everyone grades out....But We need a starting quality Safety(preferably FS), OLB, and OL...
Old 12-14-2006   #9
jjcorvallis
Rookie

aaaaa
jjcorvallis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #10
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 4466 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheddar View Post
RB - Adrian Peterson would put butts in seats.
That is the last reason on earth to pick a player. And this group has shown that they are smart enough to not do that.

Accountants should not run teams, nor companies, but that is another bandwagon.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read