Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2006   #1
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected
Default The Official "WE DONT WANT JAKE PLUMMER!" thread

I just thought id get a head start on this topic.

There are all kinds of rumblings about us getting Jake Plummer to replace Carr. NO.. I do NOT want to replace Carr with his older twin.

Plummer would be a band-aid, I want the whole shabang.

The only way I would be alright with getting plummer is:

A) He comes cheap
B) We trade Carr for a good pick
C) We draft a young QB to start grooming while Plummer holds down the fort.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 80496 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: The Official "WE DONT WANT JAKE PLUMMER!" thread

I'm with Grid.

HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #3
gwallaia

Rep Power: 88694 gwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respectedgwallaia is a quality contributor and well respected

C.) Take in Plummer, draft Kolb in the 3rd round. Trade Carr for whatever we can get.
And oh yeah, try to get Joe Thomas with the first pick.

We are among the "Them"
gwallaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #4
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Plummer is even worse than Carr.

Let me put it this way:

Plummer got benched for a rookie who isnt ready & isnt playing well.

Carr isnt benched yet & his back-up is a veteran player who has done well when he has stepped in.

Jake "the Mistake" Plummer is not what we need in Houston. Carr is an upgrade over this guy.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5
MrMeToo
All Pro

Bring in Vick
Old 12-12-2006   #6
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 18101 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grid View Post

A) He comes cheap
I choose C also. And get Joe Thomas.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #7
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss

Damon Huard....

Drew Bledsoe.....

Brian Griese...
Old 12-12-2006   #8
Fiddy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 18 Fiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVPFiddy was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to Fiddy Send a message via MSN to Fiddy Send a message via Yahoo to Fiddy

I'll take Jake Plummer over David Carr any day, especially since Plummer is a proven good QB under Kubiak.

'Anyone ready to go outside so I can make you look bad?' - Matt Schaub talking to the DBs
Fiddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #9
kocian1
Rookie

Maybe we sould keep Carr for one more year and groom a new QB to our system. No one seems to realize that this is still new to every player on the field that DIDN'T play for the Broncos last year. We need to draft a RB who can give us a chance to pound the rock and run the clock, beef up our O-Line, get some real safeties in here, and then I think the Texans will have it made. One more year people. thats all I ask.
kocian1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #10
big homey
Veteran

Quote:
If we do that then we might as well keep Carr and spare a big cap hit.
Old 12-12-2006   #11
TexansLucky13
53d Signal Batt

Rep Power: 13945 TexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansLucky13 is a quality contributor and well respected

Count me in on this thread.
Old 12-12-2006   #12
Grid
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2272 Grid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respectedGrid is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by big homey View Post
If we do that then we might as well keep Carr and spare a big cap hit.
Well when I listed those three things.. I meant that ALL of them need to happen.

Plummer needs to come cheap, Carr needs to be traded for a good pick, and Plummer needs to be a temporary solution while we groom our starter.

I dont want to just bench Carr and bring in Plummer.. that isnt going to fix anything.
Grid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #13
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
I just thought id get a head start on this topic.

There are all kinds of rumblings about us getting Jake Plummer to replace Carr. NO.. I do NOT want to replace Carr with his older twin.

Plummer would be a band-aid, I want the whole shabang.

The only way I would be alright with getting plummer is:

A) He comes cheap

great post, i dont want plummer either
a) possible
b) doubtful
c) probable

i think Carr will be back next year irregardless of his performance the rest of the season. it wont be popular, but because of the mistake last offseason (the contract not the passing on VY) its more practical. They will draft in the 3rd-5th round for a QB and you never know, Troy Smith could still be around in the 3rd (early 3rd). You then have Sage, Carr, and Smith compete to be starter. Insert Plummer's name in place of Carr if he is indeed traded/released but if we release Carr expect little to no Free Agent acquisitions of any consequence...Joey Porter is getting old but he could come in and give us a good pass rushing LB with coverage skills but he wont come cheap.

Last edited by Second Honeymoon; 12-12-2006 at 10:36 PM.
Second Honeymoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #14
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

No Jake, No Jake, No Jake, No Jake, No Jake, No Jake, No Jake, No Jake!
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #15
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Why exactly don't we want him? Under Kubiak, he was a pretty good QB. Over the last 3 years, heres how his numbers looked:

03 - 11 games, 62.6% completion, 2182 yards, 7.23 avg, 15 TD, 7 INT, 91.2 rating

04 - 16 games, 58.2% completion, 4089 yards, 7.85 avg, 27 TD, 20 INT, 84.5 rating

05 - 16 games, 60.7% completion, 3366 yards, 7.38 avg, 18 TD, 7 INT, 90.2 rating.

It wasn't until Kubes left that he started falling into old habits. Why not give him a shot. He knows the system well enough, and last year he led his team deep into the playoffs.

Just for comparison sake, heres how DC's season is projected to play out:

16 games, 69.4% completion, 2943 yards, 6.36 avg, 12 TD, 9 INT, 87.5 rating

I think Plummer would at least be a cheaper upgrade
Old 12-12-2006   #16
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Keep Carr, forget Plummer, and draft Adrian Peterson with our 1st pick...

Plain and simple. We need a running back more than a new QB...
Old 12-12-2006   #17
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 126364 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by gtexan02 View Post
Why exactly don't we want him? Under Kubiak, he was a pretty good QB. Over the last 3 years, heres how his numbers looked:

03 - 11 games, 62.6% completion, 2182 yards, 7.23 avg, 15 TD, 7 INT, 91.2 rating

04 - 16 games, 58.2% completion, 4089 yards, 7.85 avg, 27 TD, 20 INT, 84.5 rating

05 - 16 games, 60.7% completion, 3366 yards, 7.38 avg, 18 TD, 7 INT, 90.2 rating.

It wasn't until Kubes left that he started falling into old habits. Why not give him a shot. He knows the system well enough, and last year he led his team deep into the playoffs.

Just for comparison sake, heres how DC's season is projected to play out:

16 games, 69.4% completion, 2943 yards, 6.36 avg, 12 TD, 9 INT, 87.5 rating

I think Plummer would at least be a cheaper upgrade
He didnt lead them deep into the playoffs.

They made it deep into the playoffs despite the fact that Plummer was the QB.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #18
TEXANRED
Texan-American

Rep Power: 91895 TEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANRED is a quality contributor and well respected

I say trade Carr, start Sage and draft Troy Smith.

But that is just my opinion.

TEXANRED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #19
gtexan02
Working?

Rep Power: 74340 gtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respectedgtexan02 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually, JP was a huge reason they got the 1st round bye going into the playoffs, and despite the INT at the beginning of the NE game, he played a good game that game.

True he played poorly at Pitt, but so did the entire team.
Old 12-12-2006   #20
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_ya_blue View Post
Ahhhh...
Subliminal messaging.

Nice lol
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read