Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft The future stars of the NFL

Old 12-12-2006   #1
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle
Default Top 5 Running backs

Is Peterson the top guy or is there another you would be happy with if the Texans were to take a RB in this draft?
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 55561 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Top 5 Running backs

I dont want a running back in the 1st round but here is how I rank the top 6 backs.

1. Adrian Peterson - Oklahoma
2. Marshawn Lynch - California
3. Michael Bush - Louisville (may use a medical redshirt)
4. Kenny Irons - Auburn
5. Kenneth Darby - Alabama
6. Stevie Hicks - Iowa St

#1 & #2 are the only guys I would even consider at our draft spot.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #3
beerlover
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 39326 beerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respectedbeerlover is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Is Peterson the top guy or is there another you would be happy with if the Texans were to take a RB in this draft?
he is the only one worth the Texans 1st pick as it stands right now. however (and I don't want to be accused of having a man crush) Dwayne Wright from Fresno State would fit this system perfect, hes strong & quick- something like 6 ft 220 lbs with great vision & soft hands. reminds me alot of a healthy DD but bigger & faster. should be there top of the 3rd

2012 Draft was Mercilus
beerlover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #4
Mr. White
H-Town Beatdown

Rep Power: 17967 Mr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respectedMr. White is a quality contributor and well respected

Even though I'm pulling for Joe Thomas, I wouldn't mind seeing Marshawn Lynch come in as a target for the dinks and dunks.

I think that he would fit the offense better than Adrian Peterson.
We b trippin with Nelly. Me and Mr Dancing With the Stars Warren Sapp.
Mr. White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Was the Lynch the finalist in the Heisman??

Dwayne Wright does sound interesting.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #6
tulexan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 27 tulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famertulexan is a Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Was the Lynch the finalist in the Heisman??

Dwayne Wright does sound interesting.
That was Darren McFadden. Who along with Steve Slaton will be the next best "player of all time".
tulexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #7
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 114256 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by tulexan View Post
That was Darren McFadden. Who along with Steve Slaton will be the next best "player of all time".
Their both sophmores.
Old 12-12-2006   #8
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honoring Earl 34 View Post
Their both sophmores.
Yes, which is why I feel our RB situation can wait a year while we build a line for them to run behind.
Old 12-13-2006   #9
threetoedpete
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 141 threetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respectedthreetoedpete is a quality contributor and well respected

Let's not disrespect Raymell Rice, Ruetgers, P.J Hill, RS fresh, Clemson or C.J. Spiller, True freshman, Wisconsin. Lots of super star type RB's in the pipe line right now. I'm with YTF on this class, Ho hum.

I agree with Beerlover, outside of Micheal Bush, Wright fits our system. Those are the only two I would spend a day one pick on. Like the kid from Oregon St. Late day two. He's a smurf, but he fits the system.
threetoedpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #10
texaslifter
Veteran

I don't know about you guys, but I love Kenny Irons. The guy just runs HARD, and he brings it every down. Defenders hit him all over his body but his legs just keep churning. I love it.
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #11
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

i'd take marshawn lynch over peterson, especially for the texans' offense. much better fit.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #12
Sportsfan
All Pro

Default Possible RB prospects

For all you draft gurus, who would be the best RB in the draft for the Texans?
Someone who is a strong downhill runner that can hit the hole hard and get verticle and head to the house.

Just to clarify, i'm not saying they will or even should take a RB, just wondering who would fit the system best if they do take one.
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #13
texaslifter
Veteran

Default Re: Possible RB prospects

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=32433

Four threads down from yours. Atleast make an attempt to not repost
texaslifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #14
LORK 88
Wreck'em Ŧech!

Rep Power: 202 LORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respectedLORK 88 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to LORK 88

1) Peterson
2) Lynch
3) Bush*
4) Irons
5) Leonard
6) Darby

Did 6 because of the possibility Bush could return next season.
Old 12-13-2006   #15
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaslifter View Post
http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=32433

Four threads down from yours. Atleast make an attempt to not repost
Not exactly the same topic, but it looks like you got your way and the mods moved it
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #16
Rex King
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 Rex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVPRex King was voted MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportsfan View Post
For all you draft gurus, who would be the best RB in the draft for the Texans?
Someone who is a strong downhill runner that can hit the hole hard and get verticle and head to the house.

Just to clarify, i'm not saying they will or even should take a RB, just wondering who would fit the system best if they do take one.
Take a look at Gator DeShawn Wynn January 8. He is incredibly fast for his size 5-11, 238. He's had some injury problems (don't know the particulars) and might be better served losing some weight. I'd rather not take a RB early for the same reason as YTF, and this guy will likely go 2d day.
Rex King is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #17
YoungTexanFan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1725 YoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respectedYoungTexanFan is a quality contributor and well respected

Next year, just think:

Ray Rice, M. Bush who has said he is returning, Slayton, McFadden, the RB from USC. That is a seriously talented crop of top tier RB's for us to chose from. It would be nice if we drafted one of them and had an O-line for them to run through a HOLE.
Old 12-14-2006   #18
painekiller
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1964 painekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respectedpainekiller is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by YoungTexanFan View Post
Next year, just think:

Ray Rice, M. Bush who has said he is returning, Slayton, McFadden, the RB from USC. That is a seriously talented crop of top tier RB's for us to chose from. It would be nice if we drafted one of them and had an O-line for them to run through a HOLE.
Now that is the voice of reason. I agree, This is a Bush I would draft after I got my OL straight.
painekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2006   #19
Janus3
Veteran

i'm surprised no mention of mike hart? what's the reason? underclassmen? no good? not first round talent?
Old 12-14-2006   #20
kastofsna
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 406 kastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respectedkastofsna is a quality contributor and well respected

mike hart is returning his senior season. as he should.
kastofsna is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > College Football & the 2014 NFL Draft
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read