Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 10-05-2004   #21
Vikingstw
Rookie

I saw dunta in the texans game against the cowboys and he OWNED Meshawn. I like him very well, better than hall at this point. But you got to be relistict he is playin against Randy Moss, hes goin to take advantage of the Rookie if he has a great game stopping moss in the redzone and whatnot i'll be very surprised. He's gonna have a long day.
Vikingstw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2004   #22
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

I am not so worried about the deep pass as I am about the 5 yard line toss-up pass that Moss always outleaps the defender to get.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #23
Dime
Hall of Fame

Default No way!!!!

Dunta against Moss... That would be a nightmare.. Moss is a awesome player and Dunta, who is very good, does not have the experience to cover Moss. I think Glenn would wrap him up tho.. I could work with a Glenn cover with Dunta or Coleman backup...
Dime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #24
HJam72
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 74306 HJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respectedHJam72 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
HJam...you help out on the covering of Moss, I'll run behind Sharper on the blitz.
Ummm. OK, but I'm just gonna have to stand at the line, jump on his back, and hold on the rest of the play.
HJam72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #25
phan1
All Pro

I'm sorry, but no one stops Moss. He is the most invincible reciever in the league. Everybody else (even Terrell Owens) is a distant second. What we have to do is stop the QB. Against the Eagles, the Vikings O-line wasn't very good. They pressured Culpepper and made it very hard for him while also keeping him in the pocket. That's what we need to do Sunday. Take care of the QB and we can contain Moss.
phan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #26
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

I got three words...BLITZ BLITZ BLITZ
Old 10-06-2004   #27
keyfro
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 keyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVPkeyfro was voted MVP
Send a message via AIM to keyfro

not just blitz...blitz the middle and have babin and wong contain the outside...then deep zone coverage...if we can do what phili did to the vikes we have a very good chance of pulling off the upset...especially if minnesota is overlooking us
Old 10-06-2004   #28
TexasJedi
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by ledzeppelin269
Dunta and Aaron both have the speed to run with Moss, so while I'm cautious I'm not totally worried about between the 20s. I'm more concerned about how we're going to stop Moss in the red zone where height will really come into play.

Who is their starting RB for this week? I want to say Moe Williams, but I could have just made that up in the back of my brain. Bennett and Smith are both out so if we can stop the run without committing too much up front we might be able to get away with more coverage on the WRs/more blitzers to pressure Culpepper..
According to the matchup page, it's rookie Mewelde Moore starting in the Vikings backfield.
-Mario #90
TexasJedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #29
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 75432 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected

Also, I hope to see the D go for the ball in Peppers hands. He seems to have alot of fumbles. At least get one that way.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #30
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I think the Texans are smart enough to know that Moss is virtually unstoppable when he's on his game. He can outrun, out jump and out play most any corner. So the assertion is correct. Stop the ball from getting to him....if the QB can't throw it he can't catch it.

And he tends to sulk when things don't go his way...I've seen him take plays off which is unfortunate for such a great player.

I almost choked when he got passed up by all those teams when he was drafted.

Last edited by WWJD; 10-06-2004 at 07:34 PM.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2004   #31
texan279
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 13829 texan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexan279 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Also, I hope to see the D go for the ball in Peppers hands. He seems to have alot of fumbles. At least get one that way.
When I was watching the Vikes Eagles game they brought up Culpepper and his fumbling. They should some stats on the screen comparing McNabb and Culpepper over a certain number of games and Culpepper had more than twice as many fumbles as McNabb.
Old 10-06-2004   #32
TheTim5125
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to TheTim5125

I'm telling you Colemen will play ahuge part in this game because forgive me if i'm wrong he's the tallest DB we have.
Old 10-07-2004   #33
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I guess it's a plan to put a tall DB on Moss but he can outjump a deer I think.

Better Coleman than the rookie though.
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #34
Meloy
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14 Meloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVPMeloy was voted MVP

I still like the idea of jamming Moss at the line of scrimmage with Brown or Earl and having our CB go stride for stride with Coleman helping out deep. Also, LONG offensive drives to eat up clock with points every drive. For this game, if a touch down is in doubt in the red zone, I say go for 3. Kris is 9/10 in field goals. I would like to see every possible hat on the ball by defense and punish the runner or reciever.
Meloy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #35
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 383864 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

This is a game that I hope the coaches are planning on taking advantage of the out of pocket rules. Once Culpepper steps out of the pocket, the 5 yard contact rule is out the window. As soon as he steps out, whoever is on Moss needs to chuck the crud out of him until Culpepper puts the ball in the air.
Old 10-07-2004   #36
texasguy346
Mod Squad

Rep Power: 3792 texasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respectedtexasguy346 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to texasguy346

Thats the way I understood the rule too, but there have been some calls on DBs when the QB goes out of the pocket. There was on in the Monday Night game that was called against the Chiefs.
texasguy346 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #37
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Moss hurt in practice today

Quote:
Associated Press

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. -- Minnesota Vikings receiver Randy Moss was listed as "probable" on the team's injury report after leaving practice early on Thursday because he aggravated a previous ankle injury, the team said.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004   #38
Nawzer
Alienz

Rep Power: 26584 Nawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respectedNawzer is a quality contributor and well respected

Moss will play even if he's hurt.
Old 10-07-2004   #39
Bill's/TexanFan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84
Matchup: Dunta Robinson against Randy Moss

This is a serious matchup, and Dunta's A game better be in full effect. After doing an excellent job against Porter last week, he faces the most dangerous reciever in the NFL.

So guys, of course we'll see a LOT of double teams, but how do you think Dunta will hold up?
Allow me to remove all questions on whether or not D. Rob can cover Randy Moss. In a word....."NO". I really like D. Rob but simply put....there is no way in hell any DB can cover Moss alone. This reminds me of something which happened with my other team....the 0-3 Buffalo Bill's. Former Green Bay Packer and Buffalo Bill's Hall of Fame WR James Loften had just beaten a young DB on a long TD. As the DB jumped and cussed in the end zone after being burned the smooth Loften turned to him and said....."Relax kid, I've beaten a lot better DB's than you'll ever be!" Hopefully Mr. Moss won't be repeating those words to D. Rob!
Old 10-07-2004   #40
Vikingstw
Rookie

Unfortuatly we have had alot of pressure on Pepp the past few games, but we have played very very good D Lines. I dont even know one guy on your D Line (but thats why i come here to learn more about the oponent). Even though there has been significant pressure on pepp he has been unbelievable, just imagine if he gets time.

Oh by the way I just heard Wong's name i always thought he was a good LB (x-Viking), how has he turned out in Houston the past few years?

What did you guys think of Steve Martin our DT who will most likely start for the somewhat injured Hovan on sunday?
Vikingstw is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read