Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

The National Football League League News & Current Events

Old 12-12-2006   #1
HowBoutThemCowboys!
All Pro

Rep Power: 30 HowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performerHowBoutThemCowboys! is a Legendary performer
Default Respecting the past, a face toward the future-- "Dallas Cowboys Park"

Wow. That's the only word that can sum up my adrenaline after viewing this site.

-Steel arches double the length of St. Louis
-Largest video screen in the world-- 20 yard line to 20 yard line
-Open air plaza
-Up to 100,000 capacity

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

Once again, the Cowboys prove to be the finest organization in all of sports through generatins of innovation and a past like non other. I honestly have to wipe my eyes from a few tears.. I'm so proud to be a fan of this team.

Dallas Cowboys- 5 Time World Champions
HowBoutThemCowboys! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Respecting the past, a face toward the future-- "Dallas Cowboys Park"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowBoutThemCowboys! View Post
Wow. That's the only word that can sum up my adrenaline after viewing this site.

-Steel arches double the length of St. Louis
-Largest video screen in the world-- 20 yard line to 20 yard line
-Open air plaza
-Up to 100,000 capacity

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

Once again, the Cowboys prove to be the finest organization in all of sports through generatins of innovation and a past like non other. I honestly have to wipe my eyes from a few tears.. I'm so proud to be a fan of this team.
That's going to be one awesome stadium.
Old 12-12-2006   #3
Speedy
Yeller Dweller

Section: 547 - Row A - Dark Side
Rep Power: 52676 Speedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respectedSpeedy is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Respecting the past, a face toward the future-- "Dallas Cowboys Park"

wow!!!!!!!!!!
Speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #4
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

I just saw the stadium on another site. I think I had better secure my season tickets asap. I had wondered why the original plans had been taken down.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5
Tulip
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 15 Tulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVPTulip was voted MVP

Wow. I'm jealous.

And what an upgrade from that time warp they're playing in now.
Old 12-13-2006   #6
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Unreal.

Call it "Tom Landry Field at Texas Stadium" and it's perfect.
Huge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #7
Silver Oak
Hall of Fame

Section: way up the ramp
Rep Power: 560 Silver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respectedSilver Oak is a quality contributor and well respected

Looks quite nice.

I do wonder why it took so long for them to realize their mistakes in that hell hole they play in now? That new beauty should have been built years ago!

BTW...how's this one being financed? Is Jerry putting any cash up or is it all taxpayers?
Silver Oak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-13-2006   #8
Jerry Jones
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Oak View Post
Looks quite nice.

I do wonder why it took so long for them to realize their mistakes in that hell hole they play in now? That new beauty should have been built years ago!

BTW...how's this one being financed? Is Jerry putting any cash up or is it all taxpayers?
i will pay for this stadium with cash money baby!
Old 12-13-2006   #9
Koolaid Time
Drink Up!

Rep Power: 1346 Koolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respectedKoolaid Time is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
wow!!!!!!!!!!
For $1,000,000,000.00 (Thats's One Billion Dollars for all you people from Nashville) it ought to buy a nice stadium... that is roughly twice the cost of Reliant.

I pitty the Cowboys fans paying for it. The PSL's will out of this world, and forget about renting a car or staying in a hotel in DFW. I wonder if they tax the people who fly into DFW Airport to pay for this place.

Again, nice stadium. I'm glad I don't have to pay for it.
Koolaid Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #10
dbspi
Veteran

Rep Power: 11 dbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballotdbspi is on the Pro-Bowl ballot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post
For $1,000,000,000.00 (Thats's One Billion Dollars for all you people from Nashville) it ought to buy a nice stadium... that is roughly twice the cost of Reliant.

I pitty the Cowboys fans paying for it. The PSL's will out of this world, and forget about renting a car or staying in a hotel in DFW. I wonder if they tax the people who fly into DFW Airport to pay for this place.

Yes they will be taxed similar to Houston.
dbspi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #11
WiiBrawler
WiiMan

Rep Power: 10 WiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballotWiiBrawler is on the Pro-Bowl ballot
Send a message via MSN to WiiBrawler Send a message via Yahoo to WiiBrawler Send a message via Skype™ to WiiBrawler

Wow Thats A Nice Stadium!We Paved The Way For Retractable Roofs In NFL Football,its good to see people following our example. Anyway congratulations!

Sig By Michaelm
Formerly Carr2Johnson
WiiBrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #12
Errant Hothy
Hypermediocrity

Rep Power: 34025 Errant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respectedErrant Hothy is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolaid Time View Post

As long as you avoid staying in Arlington you'll avoif the hotel and renta-a-car tax. Pretty easy to do in the DFW area.

Also, percentagly, Arlingotn is paying less then most every other NFl city to have a new stadium built. Add to it that Arlington will soon play host to UT/OU, the Cotton Bowl, atleast 1 Super Bowl, a Final Four and an ungodly number of concerts/HS football games, etc. Arlington will profit from this deal. SO all in all it's a good deal for the Arlington Cowboys.
Errant Hothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #13
Huge
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Huge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVPHuge was voted MVP

Arlington is putting up $350 million. Jerry will spot the rest in any creative way he can think of (naming rights, PSLs, etc.).
Old 12-13-2006   #14
WWJD
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 375 WWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respectedWWJD is a quality contributor and well respected

I saw it yesterday at a Cowboys board I frequent.

Nice!
WWJD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #15
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Rep Power: 317168 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected

With it seating 100,000, I have to wonder how close to the action will the nosebleed seats be? It's all fine and dandy to have a beautiful facility, but for poor folks like me, it comes down to how close/far away you are in the affordable sections.

Reliant has one of the closest fan-to-action line of sights in the NFL. I'm just curious what the new Arlington stadium will be like in that regard.
Old 12-13-2006   #16
StarStruck
Site Contributor

Section: 115 Q6
Rep Power: 40182 StarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respectedStarStruck is a quality contributor and well respected

Jones said that the size could reduce the ticket prices and that there are certain contributions from the stadium revenues, if spread out over more people, it makes easier to lower prices.

The game/replay screen is awesome as well.
StarStruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #17
Huge
Hall of Fame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Double Barrel View Post
With it seating 100,000, I have to wonder how close to the action will the nosebleed seats be? It's all fine and dandy to have a beautiful facility, but for poor folks like me, it comes down to how close/far away you are in the affordable sections.

Reliant has one of the closest fan-to-action line of sights in the NFL. I'm just curious what the new Arlington stadium will be like in that regard.
From the ESPN article:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ESPN
The Cowboys kept the average fan in mind, too, minimizing the distance between fans and the field. Team officials claim the upper deck will be closer to the action than any other NFL stadium. Trubey said it will be "a very compact experience" with "more seats in better positions" than Texas Stadium.
Guess we'll see.
Old 12-13-2006   #18
OzzO
.. and then?

Rep Power: 35326 OzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respectedOzzO is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to OzzO

Wow, that's impressive. Was it noted anywhere when the boys will start playing there?
OzzO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #19
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge View Post
From the ESPN article:

Guess we'll see.
Thanks for the heads up, Huge.

I don't see how they can fit 30,000 more than Reliant holds and still make it closer to the action in nosebleeds, though. I'm not an engineer, so who knows. But adding that many more seats to Reliant would have to make it a bigger bowl...maybe Cowboys Stadium will be taller than Reliant with more levels?

I look forward to making it up there one day....maybe in 2014 when the Texans go play their next regular season game against Dallas. That sure is purty in the pictures.
Old 12-13-2006   #20
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

I saw those video boards...good point, didn't even think about that part. That one is 60 freakin' yards wide!!! Unbelievable and really cool.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > Football Talk > The National Football League
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read