Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2006   #1
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected
Question Kubiak's plan versus Carr's play

got a question, everyone is bashing David and his 2 yard passes, but what strikes me is.. If this is so bad why isn't Kubiak jumping down David's throat or benching him for these "dinks and dunks"?

Seems to me that is Kubiaks game plan..

I don't believe that Kubiak is just playing David because David is making a bunch of money.

I really believe that Kubiak is using this whole season as an evaluation period to get "his" type of guys on this team.
Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
ib4texans
Veteran

Default Re: Kubiak's plan versus Carr's play

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
got a question, everyone is bashing David and his 2 yard passes, but what strikes me is.. If this is so bad why isn't Kubiak jumping down David's throat or benching him for these "dinks and dunks"?

I don't believe that Kubiak is just playing David because David is making a bunch of money.

I really believe that Kubiak is using this whole season as an evaluation period to get "his" type of guys on this team.

BINGO!
ib4texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #3
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Quote:

As much as a Carr homer/lover I am, I am tired of the dink and dunks! I dont know if the dinks fall to Carr or Kubiak who tells him to get the ball out of his hands and push the drive? Im thinking a little of both because I asked a question as to where Moulds was and someone replied he was open but Carr threw it to Lundy on most of those plays.

So, I'd say Carr is doing what Kubiak is telling him to do, but I also think Carr on some plays (RARE) to take a half second and scan the field again. Then again he might want to take a chance and just throw it deep like he has done with AJ who cant make a typical catch but will make a grab between 2 defenders.
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #4
amazingandre
All Pro

I agree. especially because he started the season out so hott......but we will see soon...
amazingandre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5
Wolf
100% Texan

Rep Power: 88913 Wolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respectedWolf is a quality contributor and well respected

I agree I hate the dinks and dunks they bore me to death

and unfortuantly that has become the trademark of Carr and the Texans.
Old 12-12-2006   #6
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Agreed.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #7
Wolf
100% Texan

and watching Denver-S.D. the other day in the first half reminded me so much of the Texans except it was Cutler doing the throwing short.
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2006   #8
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 276022 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected

It is both. Watch Carr's head. On some plays he looks at the deep receiver and then checks down. On many plays his first look is at an underneath WR who he then hits for 4-8 yds--those are designed 1st read plays given to him by Kubiak.
Old 12-12-2006   #9
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
and watching Denver-S.D. the other day in the first half reminded me so much of the Texans except it was Cutler doing the throwing short.

It's sad to watch, you have seen Cutler's arm strength he can throw the deep ball. David Carr's #1 WR in college was Bernard Berrian, he threw deep all the time. He has good field vision, he just doesn't get recievers with much seperation. This offense is designed to go 6-12 for a long play and 3-5 for a typical play, that's why we have long sustained drives when it's functioning and failing drives whenever we try to stretch the field. There are just not enough downs to make up for the dropped ball down field.
Old 12-12-2006   #10
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

But if he had a game buster type RB, then a dink and a dunk to him for 40 to 50 yds running would be great. Am I correct?

We just need to get a big play type RB and My guess is, this whole mess will clear itself up. Until then, dink and dunk away....
Old 12-12-2006   #11
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 133798 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Kubiak talks about his game plan issues and stretching the field in Nick's uploaded press conference.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/show...7&postcount=61

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #12
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 35068 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Since it is being brought up again, Carr on the average is sacked 3.38 times per start over his career. Not good, but when you take into consideration him sacking himself and that there has not been many "jacked up" type of sacks due to his duck and cover move he really is not the warrior that people make him out to be in my opinion.

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/players/playerpage/306268
Old 12-12-2006   #13
jdog
All Pro

Rep Power: 16 jdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden coverjdog could be on the next Madden cover

There are some good points made here.

We need better pass protection to pass further down field.

We need better run blocking for the run in order to help us pass further down field.

We need more of our offensive linemen to be healthy.

We had a suspect line to begin the season.

Carr was sacked like crazy until this year.

We are seeing a lot of dinks and dunks.

You do the math.
jdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #14
elbison
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
It's sad to watch, you have seen Cutler's arm strength he can throw the deep ball. David Carr's #1 WR in college was Bernard Berrian, he threw deep all the time. He has good field vision, he just doesn't get recievers with much seperation. This offense is designed to go 6-12 for a long play and 3-5 for a typical play, that's why we have long sustained drives when it's functioning and failing drives whenever we try to stretch the field. There are just not enough downs to make up for the dropped ball down field.
And not enough downs to waste them with tipped and batted balls!!!

LOL @ the one David threw into the dude's waist....
elbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #15
ib4texans
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbison View Post
And not enough downs to waste them with tipped and batted balls!!!

LOL @ the one David threw into the dude's waist....

Man your avatar is freaky,it reminds me of that "Little Man Movie"
Old 12-12-2006   #16
Wolf
100% Texan

well on batted balls, I heard about that.. that is a problem when you are consistantly doing 3 step drops.. you have to throw over "8 foot walls"
(can't remember where I read that article)

and don't think the article was specifically talking about Carr
Old 12-12-2006   #17
t_flare
Veteran

I think Kubiak rather dink and dunk then lose 5 yards and fumble with a sack...

Trust me.. if Carr refuse to pass downfield Kubiak would be all over it... And during the Titians game, Kubiak never appear to be piss at Carr like he was in Oak and the past. I think he was happy with Carr's play.

Hey this O-Line sucked at the beginning of the year. Take that and substract 3 starters (LT, C, RT) what more can you do with the offense.
t_flare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #18
HomeBred_Texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 HomeBred_Texan is a Pro BowlerHomeBred_Texan is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by t_flare View Post
I think Kubiak rather dink and dunk then lose 5 yards and fumble with a sack...

Trust me.. if Carr refuse to pass downfield Kubiak would be all over it... And during the Titians game, Kubiak never appear to be piss at Carr like he was in Oak and the past. I think he was happy with Carr's play.

Hey this O-Line sucked at the beginning of the year. Take that and substract 3 starters (LT, C, RT) what more can you do with the offense.
Then take it this way...

Get those starters back, have another decent draft, and to me that does mean getting a RB in the 1st round, draft another OL or a DB in the 2nd and add depth from there on and where will be next year?

Kind of interesting isn't it?
Old 12-12-2006   #19
elbison
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ib4texans View Post
Man your avatar is freaky,it reminds me of that "Little Man Movie"

Thanks, I made it myself.

elbison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #20
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:

If you are correct, then I am really concerned about my season tickets because they are going to be worthless in the near future.

The Texans are headed to the scrapheap fast, forget about the excuses, it is just reality.

To be successful in the NFL, you need playmakers and you have to take risks. The Texans have or do neither. That's the facts of life in the NFL, no excuses need apply...
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read