Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2006   #1
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Salisbury says David Carr is...

He says David Carr is having "a pretty dog gon good year"

Last 7 games...1 TD pass...I'd say that was pretty dog gon good.

Is he serious? It has never been more obvious that the ESPN analysts do not watch the Texans games.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Salisbury says David Carr is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

Is he serious? It has never been more obvious that the ESPN analysts do not watch the Texans games.

I guess he would know what "a pretty dog gon good year" a QB would have considering he was a career backup. Hey, Salisbury has his moments on ESPN and I do see most of what he has to say but he must have been joking on this one. Carr isn't the problem but he is not without blame either.
Old 12-12-2006   #3
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 65775 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Naw he wasn't joking...had that serious look...no laughs by the other guys which usually happens when they are trying to joke.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #4
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3658 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

well if Mr.BattleBots himself says so, it must be true.
Old 12-12-2006   #5
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post

I didn't want to do this, but here goes...

David's completion percentage is tops or near tops in the NFL. Granted he is throwing a lot of dink and dunk, but that is about all he typically has time to get done. In previous years these dink and dunk completions were longer throws for picks, tipped balls, fumbles, and (don't we know it) sacks for huge losses.

There. I said it. Bring on the wasp's nest.
Old 12-12-2006   #6
Honoring Earl 34
Hey Koolaid

Rep Power: 144920 Honoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respectedHonoring Earl 34 is a quality contributor and well respected

Actually thats a good thing if your gonna trade .
Old 12-12-2006   #7
Goldeagle
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 12 Goldeagle is a Pro BowlerGoldeagle is a Pro Bowler
Send a message via Yahoo to Goldeagle

Eh, Carr lead drives for the TDs, and remember ITS NOT ABOUT HIS STATS
Goldeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2006   #8
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 68948 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbourda View Post
I guess he would know what "a pretty dog gon good year" a QB would have considering he was a career backup. Hey, Salisbury has his moments on ESPN and I do see most of what he has to say but he must have been joking on this one. Carr isn't the problem but he is not without blame either.
That's a little harsh isnt it?

I know Salisbury is a pretty bad analyst but at least he made it to the pros. If you think you can do better than that then pony up.

I remember one time when Salisbury & John Clayton were doing that thing where they just argue with each other & Clayton said someting to that effect & Salisbury said something like "yeah well at least I've put pads on before and I can comment on things I've actually done, unlike you."

I hate John Clayton. That was one of my favorite NFL Live moments. Clayton got pissed.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #9
Trap_Star
SiteContributor

Rep Power: 35494 Trap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respectedTrap_Star is a quality contributor and well respected

+

=
Trap_Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #10
Napa Auto Parts
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 Napa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden coverNapa Auto Parts could be on the next Madden cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldeagle View Post
Eh, Carr lead drives for the TDs, and remember ITS NOT ABOUT HIS STATS
i tought it was dayne running all over the titans i must of been watching and old broncos game

Last edited by Napa Auto Parts; 12-13-2006 at 02:34 AM.
Napa Auto Parts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #11
tex
Veteran

Well dink & dunk passess can't be to bad that's what AJ's been catching all year and everyone wants him in the pro bowl.
tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #12
bayshorebevo
Veteran

Salisbury is a talking head now & he was never that good anyway. It don't matter what he says.
bayshorebevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #13
kbourda
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 34 kbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respectedkbourda is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
That's a little harsh isnt it?

I know Salisbury is a pretty bad analyst but at least he made it to the pros. If you think you can do better than that then pony up.

I remember one time when Salisbury & John Clayton were doing that thing where they just argue with each other & Clayton said someting to that effect & Salisbury said something like "yeah well at least I've put pads on before and I can comment on things I've actually done, unlike you."

I hate John Clayton. That was one of my favorite NFL Live moments. Clayton got pissed.
In all fairness, did I say anything that wasn't true in my post? The truth hurts sometimes. Sorry.
Old 12-13-2006   #14
trutexan02
Veteran

Send a message via AIM to trutexan02 Send a message via Yahoo to trutexan02

I tend to agree with Salsbury, but IMHO if Salsbury said he'll change his mind next week and say the Texans need a change at QB. WAIT! He did say that two weeks ago. Salsbury is a bum! Career back up who made it and is still picking lumber out of his *****. I could thrash him all day but I won't Salsbury stinks as an analyst and former palyer. I watch to see him renig on statements from the previous week and he does it on all subjects.
trutexan02 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read