Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2006   #1
the flash
Rookie

Default Things I'm tired of....

Just some thoughts…

1. I don't know about any of you guys but I am so tired of people talking about how stupid we are for not picking up VY or RB. I left the game on Sunday and the Titan/VY fan club members were walking around screaming that we should've picked VY and we are stupid for keeping Carr. It's like they think we (the Texan fans) voted for Mario Williams. SHUT UP ALREADY!!! The VY thing is over with and for the sake of this franchise and the REAL Texan fans we need to move on.

2. Also, David Carr does not suck as bad as some people on this forum say he does. He's just not a big playmaker and we probably will never get a chance to see his full potential because he has no protection. Unfortunately he doesn’t live up to his draft pick which makes him look worse. He is just not a fit for this team at this point in time. Many of us are quick to jump on him for not doing this or that but when you have no running game and no protection for passing what do you expect. If everyone remembers right he had one of the highest QB ratings at the beginning of the season.

3. If you want something to complain about complain about the play calling. We have 2 basic plays. 1)The Quick Slant pass (which we basically run on 1st and 2nd down, 2) the crappy short yardage runs (that we run on 3rd and long). Every once and awhile we have a nice play but that usually never happens. If this is not the time to pull some tricks out of the bag then I don’t know when is.
Old 12-12-2006   #2
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 398918 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Things I'm tired of....

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstontexansfan111 View Post
Just some thoughts…

1. I don't know about any of you guys but I am so tired of people talking about how stupid we are for not picking up VY or RB.
yeah, it gets old, people live in the past, have 20/20 hindsight (like the media now switching from doggin' us for passing Bush to doggin' us for passing Young), and there is nothing we can do to change what is.

But people are venting out of frustration, and that is their rights as fans. It is born out of passion and caring for the team, and it's part of the 'dealing with it' process.

Quote:
Originally Posted by houstontexansfan111 View Post
2. Also, David Carr does not suck as bad as some people on this forum say he does. He's just not a big playmaker and we probably will never get a chance to see his full potential because he has no protection.

3. If you want something to complain about complain about the play calling. We have 2 basic plays.
I think no. 3 might have something to do with no. 2.
Old 12-12-2006   #3
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

i'm tired of these boards they day after a loss. everyone thinks they've got some profound advice that's going to lead the texans to the superbowl.
we were a terrible team trying to rebuild. nobody said it'd happen overnight.
Old 12-12-2006   #4
DenverBorn
Veteran

Im tired of posters saying you aren't a "true fan" if you even come close to criticizing the Texans. Please spare all of us this "true fan" cr*p
DenverBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5
the wonger need food
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1341 the wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respectedthe wonger need food is a quality contributor and well respected

losing
the wonger need food is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #6
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

i'm tired of vinny asking for avatars and then losing them
Old 12-12-2006   #7
Vinny
shiny happy fan

Rep Power: 161784 Vinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respectedVinny is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khari View Post
i'm tired of vinny asking for avatars and then losing them
I forgot to save it...so shoot me.

"A nation of sheep begets a government of wolves" - Edward R. Murrow
Vinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2006   #8
Khari
Administrator

Section: Varies
Rep Power: 35273 Khari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respectedKhari is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
I forgot to save it...so shoot me.
pick which one
Old 12-12-2006   #9
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 27214 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

bicker, bicker, bicker.
Old 12-12-2006   #10
bravesoul1999
Rookie

Reggie Reggie
bravesoul1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #11
shinerbock_girl
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 16 shinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVPshinerbock_girl was voted MVP
Send a message via MSN to shinerbock_girl Send a message via Yahoo to shinerbock_girl

Guess i'm more tired of the unrealistic expectations fans have had...Tired of the blaming Carr threads...This team faced alot of injuries and had to rely almost soley on Rookies..So what do ppl expect??? Texans are being re-built from the ground up...At least give Kubiak time to restructure this team before everyone starts jumping ship...But hey, if the city of Houston doesn't want this team, San Antonio will sures hell take them...Bring em on!!!!!!!

Last edited by shinerbock_girl; 12-13-2006 at 09:38 AM.
shinerbock_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #12
the flash
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
But hey, if the city of Houston doesn't what this team, San Antonio will sures hell take them...Bring em on!!!!!!!
You are right on the money texansgal8
AMEN TO THAT!!!!!
Old 12-12-2006   #13
AggieTexanFan
Rookie

Kube needs to get some of his "players" on this team.

Look at the players he added through the draft, and then imagine 2-3 drafts now the line, it looks very promising

Also if your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th round players are all starting when the seasons begans it means 3 things

1) They are great players

2) We had some horrible players on this team

3) 1 & 2
Old 12-12-2006   #14
johnboy
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AggieTexanFan View Post
Kube needs to get some of his "players" on this team.

Look at the players he added through the draft, and then imagine 2-3 drafts now the line, it looks very promising

Also if your 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th round players are all starting when the seasons begans it means 3 things

1) They are great players

2) We had some horrible players on this team

3) 1 & 2
I think its means four things he is playing his boys.The h*** with the Capers guys.
johnboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #15
nativikee
Rookie

Im tired of the colts winning the division.
nativikee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #16
joedinkle
Veteran

Rep Power: 60 joedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respectedjoedinkle is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by texansgal8 View Post
But hey, if the city of Houston doesn't what this team, San Antonio will sures hell take them...Bring em on!!!!!!!
NO!! lol. You can't have our damn team!!!!
joedinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #17
TEXANS84

Rep Power: 3262 TEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respectedTEXANS84 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to TEXANS84 Send a message via Yahoo to TEXANS84

Listening to Moulds on tonights radio show fully capped off the season for me. He sounded like a completely frustrated veteran that had high goals for this season, only to be let down by only having 3 passes thrown his way in the past two weeks.

He took the political way out tonight on the radio. But he's not happy at all. And he skipped around all of the Carr questions and rightfully so. I'm sure he can't speak his mind and let us know where due should be served.
TEXANS84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #18
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEXANS84 View Post
Listening to Moulds on tonights radio show fully capped off the season for me. He sounded like a completely frustrated veteran that had high goals for this season, only to be let down by only having 3 passes thrown his way in the past two weeks.

He took the political way out tonight on the radio. But he's not happy at all. And he skipped around all of the Carr questions and rightfully so. I'm sure he can't speak his mind and let us know where due should be served.
A lot of people dont remember this but in his prime Moulds was Terrell Owens & Randy Moss before there was such a thing.

Maybe not to the extent that it is now, but he used to gripe just like every good WR and he griped a lot when the Bills were bad.

He is a veteran now and he knows better but I wouldnt be surprised if he let somethin slip out of his mouth.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006   #19
Kaiser Toro
Native Mod

Rep Power: 54156 Kaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respectedKaiser Toro is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
A lot of people dont remember this but in his prime Moulds was Terrell Owens & Randy Moss before there was such a thing.

Maybe not to the extent that it is now, but he used to gripe just like every good WR and he griped a lot when the Bills were bad.

He is a veteran now and he knows better but I wouldnt be surprised if he let somethin slip out of his mouth.
Just to put it in context - Moulds, TO and Keyshawn Johnson we all drafted in 1996. Youngin' Moss was drafted in 1998.
Old 12-13-2006   #20
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 123107 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaiser Toro View Post
Just to put it in context - Moulds, TO and Keyshawn Johnson we all drafted in 1996. Youngin' Moss was drafted in 1998.
Moulds had that attitude before Moss got it and Kewshawn & TO took a few years to attain it also.

I'm not saying that Moulds was ever as bad as those guys but he definitely had the same problems.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read