Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQDonate Automatic Monthly Contribution Members List Mark Forums Read

Texans Talk Football talk only please. Keep it to the game, the players, the coaches and management.

Old 12-12-2006   #1
moses77550
Rookie

Default Monday Night Football

Why do the Texans never play on Monday night football?I have just always wondered that...the cardinals played for christ sakes and I think we are better than the cardinals....If anyone knows hit me back
moses77550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #2
Rightnow
Veteran

Default Re: Monday Night Football

The Cardinals played because they looked on paper like they should be better and Matt Leinart was drafted. We will have to have two decent, winning seasons or one totally spectacular one to get on Monday night.

Don't hold your breath. It will be a couple of years at least.
Old 12-12-2006   #3
ImSoTexas
Rookie

Because they suck...None wants to watch the Texans play outside of Houston. Its about ratings
ImSoTexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #4
moses77550
Rookie

Thats what I thought....it just sucks that we have to watch the same teams week in and week out on Monday nights or sunday nights...
moses77550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #5
powerfuldragon
g'mornin to you

Rep Power: 22258 powerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respectedpowerfuldragon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to powerfuldragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoTexas View Post
Because they suck...None wants to watch the Texans play outside of Houston. Its about ratings
truth.
Old 12-12-2006   #6
hollywood_texan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 1649 hollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respectedhollywood_texan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by moses77550 View Post
Why do the Texans never play on Monday night football?I have just always wondered that...the cardinals played for christ sakes and I think we are better than the cardinals....If anyone knows hit me back
Cardinals built a new stadium that went on display.

That stadium is hosting the National Championship and Super Bowl soon.

Texans will not be on Monday Night Football for a long time, if ever, for obvious reasons.
hollywood_texan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #7
Sportsfan
All Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImSoTexas View Post
There's that magic word right there- RATINGS
Sportsfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored links
Old 12-12-2006   #8
Titan "Tack" Fan
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 44 Titan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respectedTitan "Tack" Fan is a quality contributor and well respected

The same reason the Titans haven't had a primetime game since 2004. Both teams suck.
Old 12-12-2006   #9
El Tejano
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 14626 El Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respectedEl Tejano is a quality contributor and well respected

But yall don't suck. Ya'll have Vince.
El Tejano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #10
TheCD
All Pro

Rep Power: 1036 TheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respectedTheCD is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood_texan View Post
Cardinals built a new stadium that went on display.

That stadium is hosting the National Championship and Super Bowl soon.

Texans will not be on Monday Night Football for a long time, if ever, for obvious reasons.

I agree with this entirely. It is about ratings.

The truth of the matter is, had we taken Bush...we'd be in the Saints' primetime lineup this year.
TheCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #11
TheOgre
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 17 TheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVPTheOgre was voted MVP

We have no "face of the franchise". When people think of the Texans all they think of are who we don't have.
Old 12-12-2006   #12
HOU-TEX 
Ah, Football!

Rep Power: 119106 HOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respectedHOU-TEX is a quality contributor and well respected

I'm actually glad we haven't played on Monday night. Every nationally televised game we've played in we've been throttled severly. When we put together a couple good seasons we'd have a better chance. Until we can play consistant football, let's stick with Sundays at noon.
Old 12-12-2006   #13
TexansSeminole
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 67005 TexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansSeminole is a quality contributor and well respected

Only reason I'd want to see Texans in Monday Night Football would be because I cannot regularly get Texans games on TV where I live.

Other than that I dont wan't to give people more reason to hate on the team.
TexansSeminole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #14
fhlh
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan "Tack" Fan View Post
The same reason the Titans haven't had a primetime game since 2004. Both teams suck.
Mark my words... Titans will have a Sunday Night and a Monday Night in 07.... all because of Vince.

Way to pass up on that Gold Mine, FO
fhlh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #15
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 25372 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

Who wants to bet me that NO @ HOU next year is a monday night game?
Old 12-12-2006   #16
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
I'll take that bet. It might be a Sunday or Thursday nighter though.
Old 12-12-2006   #17
Second Honeymoon
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 3659 Second Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respectedSecond Honeymoon is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to Second Honeymoon Send a message via Yahoo to Second Honeymoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaShark316 View Post
That is a possibility just so ESPN can line up and whack the Texans organization for being so inept...but I still doubt it happens.

We don't deserve MNF or even SNF. Until the organization pulls its collective head out of its arse, we don't deserve anything other than more years of bad and embarassing football for us Texans fans.
Old 12-12-2006   #18
Bamaborn-Texasbred
All Pro

Rep Power: 10 Bamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro BowlerBamaborn-Texasbred is a Pro Bowler

The vast majority of your Monday night teams are last years' playoff teams and marginal teams in huge tv markets like the Giants, Jets, and Bears.

I think ESPN figured they would get huge ratings from southern California with Matt Leinart and the Cardinals.

Oh, and the cowgirls always play at least one Monday night because half-whits everywhere love the cowgirls.
Old 12-12-2006   #19
dtran04
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 2410 dtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respecteddtran04 is a quality contributor and well respected

With the flex scheduling, I doubt we see too many bad teams on a national spotlight.
dtran04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006   #20
ThaShark316

Rep Power: 25372 ThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respectedThaShark316 is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via AIM to ThaShark316

monday night games are cemented, its the games on sunday that aren't.

Go Back   Houston Texans Message Board & Forum - TexansTalk.com > The Great Fans of the Houston Texans > Texans Talk
Home Forums Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read